GTP_WRS Week 38 : Roamin' Ponies

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 236 comments
Driving the Camaro:
- Hitting rev limiter on exit of Turn 1 in 2nd gear. Its funky, I am feathering but hit rev limiter at 68 or 69 mph and then it comes back down for normal 2nd to 3rd shift at 73 mph. Feel like I am losing time.
- Anyone taking turn 1 completely in 3rd?
- Speed at S/F line?
- MPH when you hit the throttle into the kink?
I enter turn 1 in 2nd to help the Camaro turn in, but then quickly shift into 3rd and torque my way through the corner.
My speed at S/F is ~122mph, but I focus more on my speed at the crosswalk coming onto the straight, where the pavement turns to cobblestones, 102mph is too slow, 104-5mph is a good speed.
For the Kink, the minimum speed needs to be 86mph or more, my best lap was at 88mph.

First splits:

I like the track, but I need to get faster in the slower cars.

I enter turn 1 in 2nd to help the Camaro turn in, but then quickly shift into 3rd and torque my way through the corner.
My speed at S/F is ~122mph, but I focus more on my speed at the crosswalk coming onto the straight, where the pavement turns to cobblestones, 102mph is too slow, 104-5mph is a good speed.
For the Kink, the minimum speed needs to be 86mph or more, my best lap was at 88mph.

Great info @billyjoebobx I am grateful.....👍

...having trouble in a couple spots...Driving the Camaro...Any advice on...
Just watched my replay and these are my stats for my submitted Camaro lap:
  • S/F Line Speed: 197km/h (122m/h)
  • Corner 1: I'm taking it completely in third...(T1 is 27`550)
  • On throttle for kink: 134km/h (83m/h) (but I have partial throttle slowing from 142km/h)
It'll be interesting to compare to others' 👍

A curious gentlemen, can you change the gearbox, or is it mandatory to run the "common" settings? Goes perfect, but I feel the fifth gear might be a bit shorter, especially the Camaro.

Just watched my replay and these are my stats for my submitted Camaro lap:
  • S/F Line Speed: 197km/h (122m/h)
  • Corner 1: I'm taking it completely in third...(T1 is 27`550)
  • On throttle for kink: 134km/h (83m/h) (but I have partial throttle slowing from 142km/h)
It'll be interesting to compare to others' 👍
  • S/F Line Speed: 120 mph (???)
  • Corner 1: 2nd, then 3rd as soon as I'm flat on the gas
  • On throttle for kink: any where from 65 - 87 mph, 86 mph in my posted splits
I'm more than a little concerned about my speed at s/f. I must be taking a different line around the last curve from everyone else....like the old poem, when two roads emerge in the woods I frequently take the one less traveled and that invariably is a huge freaking mistake on my part.

My T1 times suck. I haven't sniffed a 27.4 and 27.5s are extremely rare.

Last edited:
I'm more than a little concerned about my speed at s/f. I must be taking a different line around the last curve from everyone else.
For the prelap, I go as far right over the crosswalk as possible and start to accelerate. I think the best runs are those where I shift up at the last moment, and take care to have maximum grip for fourth gear. That's the mystery to me, I restart if there's extra spin, indicated by the tachometer. Use all of the track, it's only after the main straight when that won't work, or becomes a lot of work, I don't know.

I must be taking a different line around the last curve from everyone else...
To be honest, I don't have a clear line through the final corner, I'm always trying to get back on the gas as early as possible and usually I'm scarily close to the wall on the exit of that turn struggling for traction.

To be honest, I don't have a clear line through the final corner, I'm always trying to get back on the gas as early as possible and usually I'm scarily close to the wall on the exit of that turn struggling for traction.

Early on I found I was quicker by staying mid-track between the last two turns (as opposed to getting real wide), and I think it's my lack of width before the turn that's slowing me down more than anything. I'll see what it takes to hit 122 and go from there.

I've blown a .1 at T1, and multiple .2s at T2. The high speed chicane at the start of sector 2 is going to give me nightmares.

New splits:

Not a typo:lol:

Had an awesome run through the chicane, but blew it with a pathetic turn before the end of sector 2 where I lost around a tenth to my previous best:crazy:

Why do I get the feeling that I'm not putting in enough into this combo?

This is with the Challenger.

Back