GTP_WRS Week 4 : ImPozzibly Big RS

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 534 comments
I have got tired of this combo real quick: the car as I just can't do a single corner the same each time and the track for the stupid 22mph off track rubbish. However, have kept going as I have never been accused of being sensible! After no improvement with anything yesterday, was expecting nothing today...ran 22 laps and every time I did a good 1st sector, I messed it up in the second. Almost gave up, had a cigarette and, after a couple of restarts, managed to improve my S2 split time by 2 tenths....and then binned the car into the dirt coming out of the last corner (my favourite thing to do when am likely to improve my time!). Have managed to get within a tenth of my overall best but not beat it so have probably done my best time already.

Let's hope tomorrow brings a more forgiving car/track combo......please? :P

S1: 25.250
S2: 54.367

I have got tired of this combo real quick: the car as I just can't do a single corner the same each time and the track for the stupid 22mph off track rubbish. However, have kept going as I have never been accused of being sensible! After no improvement with anything yesterday, was expecting nothing today...ran 22 laps and every time I did a good 1st sector, I messed it up in the second. Almost gave up, had a cigarette and, after a couple of restarts, managed to improve my S2 split time by 2 tenths....and then binned the car into the dirt coming out of the last corner (my favourite thing to do when am likely to improve my time!). Have managed to get within a tenth of my overall best but not beat it so have probably done my best time already.

Let's hope tomorrow brings a more forgiving car/track combo......please? :P

S1: 25.250
S2: 54.367
I was trying my damndest to close on you, but I think I will have submit what I have and move on.

Thanks buddy. :) After making sandcastles with no ocean in sight for two hours, I saw your splits pop up and immediately smashed my previous best by 0.4. 👍
Felt like a loooot of coasting in the final turn though, so I could be off there. :crazy:

Thing is it didn't feel any faster than any other completed laps I'd done. It really is a matter of keeping it smooth and pointed in the right direction.
A little partial throttle in the turns helps a lot too. 👍

Glad it's not on SH tires, Chris! :dopey:

That is a crazy T2 time, I am missing something there, have to figure that out over the weekend. I have .1 lead on you in T1 and you are .4 better thru T2. Time to start trying different shift points thru those tricky turns.

week4.jpg

Ah, you wanted a straight acceleration to start? Unlikely to happen.
Predictably, I'm hoping for more comfort tyre trials.

Nah, I just want something a bit more predictable....the Fit will do me fine, maybe the 360 thing :lol:

To be honest, as frustrating as this one and the FXX have been, it is all making me a better driver which is good....even if the number of swear words directed at my television have increased a hundred fold during these 2 TTs :P

Well, after my struggles earlier, I thought I'd hit the proverbial wall but, glutton for punishment that I am, decided to run a few laps after some food. The end result was no PB's in any sector but, in 15 laps, I beat my previous best lap time no less than 6 times and improved by 3 tenths! Suffice to say, I am very happy with that session...and on my fastest lap I even stuck a back wheel in the dirt coming onto the start/finish straight and kept it on the track :eek:. May have another run tomorrow if I feel up to more punishment lol

I give up. I am stuck within the same second-range. I hate that I don't seem be able to shave 2 tenths off at the line, to reach the next second range. I simply am not better than what shows on the leaderboard. And it's not for lack of trying - I spent between 5 and 8 hours every day since Sunday on this TT and don't feel I have much to show for it except the fact that I am now fluent in manual transmission and have only an ABS 1 in aids.

Now I only have to submit and wait for the next TT.
👍 This was a great combo :D

.... Can't find my pb on sector 1 and sector 2, faster at the line though.

I'm so often in the dessert i couldn't help that this went through my mind :

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name,
It felt good to be out of the rain.
In the desert you can remember your name,
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.
La, la, la la la la, la la la, la, la

Appropriate band name btw.

Changed my User Name, formerly known as Firecracker to GDS38.
OK, Gayle, we'll take care of changing it in the Registry and leaderboard.

I'm so often in the dessert i couldn't help that this went through my mind :

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name,
It felt good to be out of the rain.
In the desert you can remember your name,
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.

Appropriate band name btw.
:lol: Good one! Now it will be stuck in my head as well. 👍

I give up. I am stuck within the same second-range.

What I've been doing lately is, I don't use my old ghost and only run using the ghost I create that day. I've found out at least in my case, that everyday is a different deal and my line is a little different each session. It's a weird understanding of how I approach each session but I'm able to get going easier if I don't have such high expectations each session and only race a ghost that was created that day/session. I always keep in mind what my fastest ghost OT is of course but my expectations are only met as I slowly and predictably sneak up on my PB time. The Peanut Gallery :dunce:

"NOW" off to try and catch Pat...... :eek: (I need to really buckle down and focus because I can't think of another chance I going to have on a track that is complementary to my style of heavy footed driving except for an off road event that we might not have for some time):nervous:

Last edited:
Well, I guess I have the last sector down pretty good, now... beat my best lap by 0.045s when I was 0.65s behind at T2... :eek: I'll wait to see if I can put it together a bit better before posting new splits. But Silverstone is calling, too... what to do?

Back