GTP_WRS Week 4 : ImPozzibly Big RS

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 534 comments
What I've been doing lately is, I don't use my old ghost and only run using the ghost I create that day. I've found out at least in my case, that everyday is a different deal and my line is a little different each session. It's a weird understanding of how I approach each session but I'm able to get going easier if I don't have such high expectations each session and only race a ghost that was created that day/session. I always keep in mind what my fastest ghost OT is of course but my expectations are only met as I slowly and predictably sneak up on my PB time. The Peanut Gallery :dunce:

That sounds like an idea. I relate to the thing of doing it differently each time. I cannot for my life replicate my previous runs. Each run is a lttle different, and that means something.
Still time-wise I am consistent. I'll run 10 laps and finish each within the same second-range.

But I will try your approach, and see if that changes anything.
Thank you 👍 :D

Just missed the apex on the last straight...
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_4.jpg

Some splits to see how far I am down the boards.

Don't have much time this week, car feels nice but Willow is always a bit tricky for me, posed the most challenge in License and Mission test etc.

had a 24.x t1 but messed up the rest , im done & happy with my current time
great fun +800Km on the car but , it must higher than this arcade mode is messed up sometime it counts the mileage sometimes not

Improved a tenth at the finish. Theoretically I'm leaving 3 tenths out there, but the last sector is such a pain. I might try a little more, but the Elise is calling to me.

Now if I can put something near my best three together I will be happy. Looking for about a tenth and a half tomorrow before I'm done. Not racing for the next few weeks so this is my last shot in a while.

great fun +800Km on the car but , it must higher than this arcade mode is messed up sometime it counts the mileage sometimes not

Yeah, I've found that. At an estimate, I've run about 5-600 miles this week with the Camaro, yet the mileage on the car is showing 29.9 miles (the length of my first session)! Not that I mind as it means I won't need to repair it through high mileage

So I've been struggling to beat my last splits and time, which for the life of me hasn't been easy. My DFGT gas pedal is twitchy ( Flickers between 80-90% when applied pressure upon at the centre of it) , and somehow found the right spot to press down upon without it dying away. Imagine the countless laps, doing a good T1 and then having your gas pedal act odd just before you got done with T2. :banghead:

After all that,

T1: 25.000
T2: 53.666

Those T2 digits though! uncanny! :scared:

Reckon I could do a bit better but I don't really have the time to open the pedals for now and clean them up. :indiff:

Back