GTP_WRS Week 4 : ImPozzibly Big RS

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 534 comments
Yeah, I've found that. At an estimate, I've run about 5-600 miles this week with the Camaro, yet the mileage on the car is showing 29.9 miles (the length of my first session)! Not that I mind as it means I won't need to repair it through high mileage
someone mentioned that , after you run your laps if you go to your car setting [ while still in arcade mode ] the mileage counts for sure so , if you dont want the mileage besure to change your break balance in RA or before going arcade , or your distance driven will count

My splits are

Still some time to find in the first 2 splits but my 3rd was very good i think.
I'm ahead off the splits above but loose the time in T3.

New splits:

Better T1, exactly same T2, and .1 improvement on the line. Second sector was a bit over .1 slower than my previous one though, as it had exactly same T2 with a worse T1, so there's at least that .1 left in there.. and I'm still not too confident about my T3.

I'll try to find that last tenth this evening, maybe a stint of a couple laps tomorrow too. Not sure if I have the right mood though, didn't feel relaxed or confident when I gave it a small run earlier today, that lap just kind of "happened". And I feel mood usually is a huge factor when I'm trying to improve my time.

Also good job for all the guys who passed me over the weekend! I guess me fighting for a D2 podium was a bit too much to expect (honestly, I did expect to drop maybe 10 places over the weekend, so no hard feelings here). :D

Last edited:
Last splits

A bad T1 because seen a lot of 24.7xx and low 8xx, but the rest is Okissh.

Difficult combo, because a slight mistake and the lap was ruined, and that last turn :banghead:

Thanks Chris :mad::sly:

See you all at the line...

Difficult combo is right. Last night I made 53 starts in about 2hrs. 12 times I never made the start line and only completed 7 full timed laps. Other laps I went dredging at all points of the compass. Still, have another go later ehh !

Had time for another 20 laps today but cant make any improvement. Will submit with splits on board. Got ahead of my ghost after T2 a few times seeing some more high 53.xxx splits but always fell back after the last corner! No idea what ive done there but hopefully it means my T3 is pretty good!

Last night I made 53 starts in about 2hrs. 12 times I never made the start line and only completed 7 full timed laps.
Yes, this is why I came up with 'solution 247': in wide cockpit, start throttle off, change to fifth in quick succession. Keep to the left, engage throttle only when the Toyota sign goes off viewscreen. Then it's a matter of doing a good enough line (no need to be perfect). Upshift slower if you are over 100 k at symphony time.

Tiny improvement that time. Very expensive, too. Second sector was terrible country today.

Allright, submitted my times from thursday - was not able to improve.
I really started to hate that track, hope it won't return so soon.
At least my first hour at Trial Mountain was a lot of fun!

Thought I was done with this TT, but after an afternoon off I decided to have a little go. Well, I improved by nearly half a second, nearly all in the 3rd sector but nevertheless, here are my times:

Not really clicking. Not sure if it the car, track, or both.

Willow doesn't seem to be all that great of a track. Glad I never bothered to make the trip there, would have been a disappointment.

Slower T1.. exactly the same T2 (that's the third time now), .09 at the line. Maybe I should just get it in my head that I'm not going below that cursed .284 and give up. But maybe, just maybe a couple more laps tomorrow..

Lap submitted- really wanted to shave off a few more tenths at the line but I'm ready to move on to next weeks challenge.

Might not need to come back to this tomorrow anymore:

Not the best T1, but I guess this T2 is about as good as it gets for me. T3 wasn't amazing either, as the ghost got closer to me before the line, but an improvement is an improvement!

If I'd combine my ultimate lap from all the best sectors I've ever had, I guess there'd be about .2 improvement left in there, so nothing too massive. I'm quite pleased with what I got in the end. :)

Also, I used the brake settings of @mike_gt3 throughout this WRS, thanks again man! 👍

Good luck to everyone who's still running!

Best splits since the start, but gained only 0.04s at the line.

This is my sand warrior (or is it dune warrior? I forget...)

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_1.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_3.jpg

One step forward, two steps back. That's how it feels. Pretty sure I can't get 3 good sectors done in the same lap.

...and .2 quicker at the line. :odd:

I think I'm officially addicted to this craziness.

I wont have time to try again tomorrow, good luck to everyone!

Submitted and accepted! :)

Back