GTP_WRS Week 40 : Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07 @ High Speed Ring

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 141 comments
Amazing Mad, just amazing. 👍
I'll give it one more run over the weekend, but I seriously doubt I have that kind of speed in me.

Board updated. Great laps coming in, especially from Maddie 👍 tho it seems like your T2 sector time could still improve?

You wont hear any compltints from me if London is next! If you choose London Reverse that will make things even better :D
If I choose ... ? I don't do any choosing mate, I'm just the Luxy guy :lol:

EDIT updated up to post 98.

Last edited:
my splits after more than 60 laps today are:

T1: 30.622
T2: 51.782

The car fits me perfectly but I guess I simply suck at HSR

managed to have another crack at it. Slightly better splits, but much better over the line.

T1: 30.122
T2: 50.910

Matt.

Board updated. Great laps coming in, especially from Maddie 👍 tho it seems like your T2 sector time could still improve?

Yeah certainly.👍 Going to be hard to repeat that T1 though, so hard to string together a lap with 3 awesome sectors at HSR. So that may be as fast as I can go, but i'll have one more go for sure.:)

Had some nice times this morning, regular 51.2 at T2. Struggling to perfect that final corner again. It feels so easy to go in to a slide as I hit the brakes going up top.

Submitted with current splits. Off to my brothers wedding this weekend so won't get another chance to have a go and was unable to improve on them. Still, I'm happy with the time and I enjoyed the combo (even if a few others didn't!)

Just a quick reminder for everyone:
I'm on holiday next week, so you'll submit to sjaak68 this week, not me.

quick reminder II 👍

Results have to be send to me.

I had a last rather long run this morning, but could not improve, so I'm submitting with my current splits.

Going to submit with the splits on the board, but I am away from home atm, so I will need to wait till sunday night before I can submit.

New splits, and the one I'll be submitting as well.

T1 30.381
T2 51.612

Great times from everyone this week 👍. I'm a bit diappointed with mine as I can clearly go faster, but I haven't had enough time (stupid schoolwork). Anyway, see you all next week :).

New Splits:

T1: 30.013
T2: 50.764

Maybe submitting with these, I've seen a couple 29.98x
T1's, but I think I had about as good a run through the S bend
as I can manage.

EDIT: New Splits

T1: 30.020
T2: 50.723

Last edited:
Wow, same T1 as me to the 1000th! I also saw faster T1's and T2's in my final run, but could not beat my total laptime.

Superb splits Carl. 👍

New Splits:

T1: 30.013
T2: 50.764

Maybe submitting with these, I've seen a couple 29.98x
T1's, but I think I had about as good a run through the S bend
as I can manage.

There goes my slim chance of a strong finish.:dopey:

Final LUXY update from me for this week. I'm off to the UK for 2 weeks.
Haitham will maintain the leaderboard while I'm away.

Submitting for week 40 way off pace due to an overbusy schedule for this week ...

Wow, same T1 as me to the 1000th! I also saw faster T1's and T2's in my final run, but could not beat my total laptime.

Superb splits Carl. 👍

There goes my slim chance of a strong finish.:dopey:

Thanks for the kind words guys 👍
But I'm not too confident at the moment :nervous:
I have a bad habit of putting up good splits, only to have
my final laptime turn out not so great, like last week :dopey:

Just be careful if you're using 'Chunkee' tune. it has S2's on the back, and the rules for this week are S3's all round.

I'm just not getting anywhere with this combo. Can't seem to get near the times I set in my very first session. Don't see the usual improvement. Frustrating.

Just be careful if you're using 'Chunkee' tune. it has S2's on the back, and the rules for this week are S3's all round.

:lol: That caught me out on my 2nd run. Lucky you SCR guys told me.:lol:

I will probably submit with current splits but i'm scared by Carls lap. That is insane!:bowdown:

The saying "that'll do" springs to mind with my lap, so I submitted my time, i have gone quicker in the final split, but without resulting in a better lap. ah well...

I really don't see this 1/2 a second I'm losing to the top guys in T2. I'm going to grab a look at some old HSR laps, I must be using the wrong line.

Got 2/10ths quicker at the line, only to find I hit the wall on the final bend. Going to hit the rest of it after work tomorrow. That'll be my driving force (teehee) whilst at work.

Submitted with splits on the board.

I almost posted this last night, but thought better of it.
Well, I've thought about it again, and I can tell you what
helped me find extra speed with this car. I reduced my FFB from
10 to 5, and I changed my ride height to -45/-45, springs to 8/2 dampers to 4/3
Toe at -20/-40 camber at 2.0/1.8. The rest of the tune is Paulie's
TLD setup 👍 Maybe some of you guys will find these settings helpful.
I know they really made a big difference for me. Especially reducing my
FFB.

I believe the tighter front spring really helped the car rotate,
especially in turn 1, and the S bend. In fact, it behaves a lot
more like a RWD car now for me.

And no, I'm not running S3/S2 either :P I double checked that, believe
me. Again, I don't know how well I managed the final turn to be honest.
I took it really conservative there, as the last time we were here, I had
a touch there :ouch: and my lap was dirty.

Maybe these settings will help somebody. I'm not much of a tuner,
but I believe I hit on something with these.

Damn, after a pretty long night run I did improve a little, I am done gonna submit with the following splits:

T1: 30.105
T2: 51.001

My best T1 I can remeber was a 30.041 but while I was looking at it, I missed mine braking point #$%#$^!!!!!:P

Last edited:
Back