GTP_WRS Week 42 : Slightly PUGnacious

  • Thread starter Thread starter Argon
  • 221 comments
  • 16,571 views
Initial splits, just sorting things out. Now that I can string together clean laps I can work on identifying and correcting my mistakes. Its a fun lap once you can stay on the track!

23.142
20.211
22.503
21.611
 
22.935
20.142
23.123
21.379

Been using +2 car feels better for me going into the corners, tried - 1/-2. i use about 95% ish brake just after 150 mark while taking as much of the kerb or green stuff as legally possible in the first and last corners
 
Up 3 tenths at the line. Very wide on the right hander entering the bridge and was slow in the first left hander exiting the bridge so I can see another three tenths at least.

22.542
19.937
22.952
21.126
 
Insane sector 2, so I was really cautious for the rest of the lap. Still ended up improving by .2 at the line though.

22.677
19.668
22.852
21.206
 
Ha! Why do I only get fast laps when I mess up the first sector? My splits are all over the place, but this lap was a second and a half better at the line.

23.745
20.250
23.853
21.712
 
23.342
20.175
23.527
21.730

Switched to manual transmission,still have to steer with one hand though.
Allways steering to late in the first and very last corner,much time left there.
:cheers:
 
Anybody got any tips for the right-hander in S3?
I can never seem to get a decent line through there

I think you're on about the tight right 2nd corner of S3. If you are i take it in 3rd braking just before the kerb on the left straight down the gears lift until i'm turning for the inside kerb. With the right line i can floor it out. Use as much kerb as you can in the next sector with a early shift to 5th. I'm using +2 bb.
 
Did a relatively long session but only found a tenth, was probably pushing too hard. Optimal went down half a second though

22.994
20.311
23.394
21.296

None of the splits were optimal
 
22.853
20.027
23.311
21.537

I'll have to submit as I already did my 250 km, but have around 3 thenth out there :/

Wasted plenty of good sector ones as I kept restarting after the second sector thinking they were bad. Found out I was reading the timer display wrong, reading sector 2 as sector 1.

I might get a chance to race this Saturday.
 
Last edited:
First time on this track. It's so unexpectedly good. Never really fancied GTS's original tracks, but this is on another level of good.
22.925
20.053
23.273
21.395
There are some tenths hiding in T1 and in T3 that i'm still in search for. Also, trail braking helps since , for some reason, this car tends to understeer a lot.
 
Back