GTP_WRS Week 42 : Slightly PUGnacious

• Thread starter Argon
  • 221 comments
Had a bit of a breakthrough today. I did the circuit experience at Ste Croix first. Cockpit view is almost unusable with that car & track, so after a while I switched to hood view. To my surprise, contrary to what I had remembered from trying hood view earlier, I found it easier to judge corners and take them consistently pretty much right away. So I tried it for this combo as well, and lo and behold, obliterated my target and gained several tenths. :dopey: No significant mistakes in this lap, this is probably close to my limit at this time.

Had a bit of a breakthrough today. I did the circuit experience at Ste Croix first. Cockpit view is almost unusable with that car & track, so after a while I switched to hood view. To my surprise, contrary to what I had remembered from trying hood view earlier, I found it easier to judge corners and take them consistently pretty much right away. So I tried it for this combo as well, and lo and behold, obliterated my target and gained several tenths. :dopey: No significant mistakes in this lap, this is probably close to my limit at this time.

I always use cockpit view. Maybe that’s where I’m going wrong. :confused:

I love the cockpit view but can't put in anywhere near my best laps like that so always go bumper cam

Ever since GT4 I have been racing with roof cam, weird because in all PC sims I race with cockpit, but for some reason I just don't like GT's cockpit views.

Improved another tenth at the line, slight mistake in the turn after the bridge but then I did the best long right hander I've ever done and caught it all up plus extra speed down the next big straight.

T1 is probably my hardest sector to nail. Ive seen a .5xx but for some reason I'm always better chasing my ghost over the rest of the lap rather than being ahead...

:cheers:

Chipping away...looking for a breakthrough on sector two. :crazy:
Brake a bit earlier for each of the three turns, changing down a gear each time and keeping on the inside rumble or as close as possible. You need to be on the far left before the right hander heading onto the bridge, brake then clip apex and start getting on the power early then increasing it once you hit the apex. The bump in the middle of the turn really makes it tough but this car rewards slow in fast out. Ive seen a 19.7xx once or twice but lots of 19.8xx/9xx so you should find a few tenths no worries 👍

Last edited:
hi all , I was wondering iff there might be a way off figuring out what time off day is best on a track or do you need to try all the different times off day availeble to chose ? Are you all just going with the time off day the game are set at when entering this track ?

hi all , I was wondering iff there might be a way off figuring out what time off day is best on a track or do you need to try all the different times off day availeble to chose ? Are you all just going with the time off day the game are set at when entering this track ?
varies for me but usually pick a sunny one as on some tracks the shadows are good reference points for turn in braking etc. they don't make any difference to the characteristic of the car as far as I'm aware.

varies for me but usually pick a sunny one as on some tracks the shadows are good reference points for turn in braking etc. they don't make any difference to the characteristic of the car as far as I'm aware.
@SRT DK Racing

Same here, I havnt tested the differences exactly though I always pick the one with clear blue sky as visibility is the best and allows you to see the reference points the clearest.

Plus it's easier on the eyes when it's nice and clear vs all dreary :lol:

@Small_Fryz thank you so much for your detailed explanation! 👍 I will have plenty of opportunity today to give this sequence a try...:)

:cheers:
No worries mate, hope it helps.
You should be just shifting into 6th gear about 3/4 of your way down the straight after T1 split then brake to 5th for the right, then 4th for the left then 3rd heading onto the bridge 👍

Back