GTP_WRS Week 42 : Slightly PUGnacious

• Thread starter Argon
  • 221 comments
It's finally Saturday and i'm able to put some time on this TT again.
BB at +2 seems to be working for me atm. T3 needs to be improved. Overall, i'm really happy with the current results.

Quick question. Let's say that i need to submit a replay. Is there a problem if the replay is not a "best lap replay" but a normal one?
I was doing hotlaps (1 lap then retry) and i forgot that i had a time registered that was dirty, so every lap that i did in an 1 hour session was just a bit slower than the dirty one. Most of the replays that've saved are a lap long with the first sector of lap 2 complete.

I need to improve sector 2. Must be the fast bit before the bridge. I’ve found 3 tenths in sector 1 but not found any in 2 yet.

1st left of sector 3 I struggle with. I don’t clip the kerb because it unsettled the car. And when I try take a swooping line into it it drags me wide and into the barriers. :confused::banghead:

It's finally Saturday and i'm able to put some time on this TT again.
BB at +2 seems to be working for me atm. T3 needs to be improved. Overall, i'm really happy with the current results.

Quick question. Let's say that i need to submit a replay. Is there a problem if the replay is not a "best lap replay" but a normal one?
I was doing hotlaps (1 lap then retry) and i forgot that i had a time registered that was dirty, so every lap that i did in an 1 hour session was just a bit slower than the dirty one. Most of the replays that've saved are a lap long with the first sector of lap 2 complete.

I would prefer that it wasn't. If the replay only has one lap in it then it's not an issue but if we have to wade through trying to find the right lap from many then we'll more than likely disallow it

I need to improve sector 2. Must be the fast bit before the bridge. I’ve found 3 tenths in sector 1 but not found any in 2 yet.

1st left of sector 3 I struggle with. I don’t clip the kerb because it unsettled the car. And when I try take a swooping line into it it drags me wide and into the barriers. :confused::banghead:

The left coming off the bridge, correct? If so then brake early (just after the 150) and don't be afraid to coast until you know you have the front end grip and the line to floor it.

Now addiction kicks in :lol:
Short shifting at the downhill parts and using more track allso helps.
The right sweeper after the bridge remains a problem,runnin it in 4th gear
to have less understeer but have to use 5 to maintain speed I guess.
:cheers:

If only I could string a lap together, I might actually have a fast time. :banghead:

Is it better to coast down the hill before bridge or braking? It’s a relatively short sector I seen to lose time in.

Decided to turn ghost off as well. Too distracting.

Last edited:
If only I could string a lap together, I might actually have a fast time. :banghead:

Is it better to coast down the hill before bridge or braking? It’s a relatively short sector I seen to lose time in.

Decided to turn ghost off as well. Too distracting.

There is plenty of advice on how to run this track, you just need to read through the posts. @Small_Fryz pretty much gave the best advice on this section here

Nice improvement at the line with this one even though I've now lost the line in turn 1 :banghead:

If I had a pound for every time I'd tried to change up to 7th in sector 4 i'd be a happy man! :lol:

Changing the subject, if I ever meet the Logitech designer who put the option and PS buttons so close together I'll shove his wheel where the sun don't shine!

@MikeyLCR

LMAO.gif

Just been reading about the different wheels and pros and cons of each.

What a minefield! Some players suggesting controller is just as fast so need for a wheel. Must be a more fun experience though.

There is a very small percentage of players that excel using the controller and I do mean a very small percentage. Generally a wheel is better over a controller for most folks but the transition when made is not instant and it takes commitment.and a LOT of practice

Back