GTP_WRS Week 44 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 98 comments
Congrats to the winners and the podium finishers alike 👍 especially w-g-e and Sutuki for some damn nice overall times :cheers:

I was hitting 57.0's many times but could never string 3 together :grumpy: Here's the laps from my best clean save...

Should have pushed a tad more but it was getting seriously tedious stuffing it at the end of lap 3, 5 times in a row! :dopey:
Here's my save for verifying below... but can assure i quadruple checked it and its cleaner than the dogs family jewels 👍

Have a nice Christmas guys and all the best for 2012 :cheers:
Cheers
Ron.

Attachments

• Mysteron_WRS#44.rar
    755.1 KB · Views: 11
Congratulations to the podium placers. Div 2 is really close through the field :)
WGE sub par div gold time just wow. Hasselmoff great run, got me by 0.034 👍

Well done to all the podium winners and all that took part, well done Wes with the overall win.

Didnt expect to win Div3 week, couldnt put 3 of my fastest laps together but got 3 consistant ones, learnt a lot this week.

My PAL replay

Attachments

• GTP_Hasslemoff Week 44.zip
    756.1 KB · Views: 15
Replay attached.

NTSC.

Attachments

• WRS_Week_44_GTP_MilleRSVR_Replay.zip
    773.6 KB · Views: 11
Congrats to all the Div. winners and podium finishers :)👍

Btw Wes, what did I tell you about a week ago?... :lol: Nice job 👍

I was hitting 57.0's many times but could never string 3 together :grumpy:

Same problem here, I always managed to ruin the last lap in the first or last corner. I got so frustrated yesterday that I didn't even want to submit anymore, I've never been so annoyed :lol:.

I'd be very happy with those lap times though, you managed to get all 3 laps in the 57.1's. My only goal was to get consistent 3 laps and I failed at that.

Enjoyed the challenge of 3 clean laps! Congrats to all podium winners! Thanks again to WRS staff for the fun!

Al

Oh no, I knew I forgot something last night. Not a good first 2 week's back for me at all.

I thought it was only podium people who needed to submit a replay :P ...snip...

That was my thinking too, but I figured that since I was a new guy they probably just wanted to make sure there was no cheating. Doesn't bother me any, at least it'll (hopefully) get me used to posting replays... the last 2 have taken me a good 20 minutes each! :crazy:

Here is my closest on 1st lap, just on the blind apex at concrete strip approach, to help the unlucky checker of my replay :rolleyes:
I checked that passage for a good 15 minutes before submitting.... in just for 2-3cm my guess.
SuzukaCircuit-percorsoEst-lap1.jpg

Attachments

• GTP_Duck - WRS44 - PAL.zip
    801.1 KB · Views: 14
Ok got the green flag thing down, I took a picture of a questionable replay, saved it, and now want to place in this thread for opinions. How is this done,picture by Duck is an example of what I want to accomplish, Thanks.

My picture shows another entrant with front wheel on the white concrete area just foward of Ducks wheel placement. I call this area the drain area, and the wheel is not close to the asphalt.

Last edited:
Ok got the green flag thing down, I took a picture of a questionable replay, saved it, and now want to place in this thread for opinions. How is this done,picture by Duck is an example of what I want to accomplish, Thanks.

My picture shows another entrant with front wheel on the white concrete area just foward of Ducks wheel placement. I call this area the drain area, and the wheel is not close to the asphalt.

The same 1st lap, same corner :guilty: ?

EDIT: by the way, RaceRyder thanks for checking, and don't fear about posting the photo. If I did it wrong, it's wrong ;)

He's asking how to export a photo and put it up here. I could explain, but since you just did the same process, could you try to explain it for him, Duck?

Sorry, the phrase lacks of the '?' but was in interrogative form... didn't realized at first.

If you shoot the photo, return to gt mode main and select the photo icon. Then select the right photo and export to xmb. After this, if you haven't a webspace, just zip it and add as attachment. I'll post it as image from my imageshack account.

Sorry for missing it, dudes, as our mate has proven 👎
Just apply rules, as are written

401501_265723863486058_100001453399277_716289_1486479683_n.jpg

3---2'53.651---2---GTP_MilleRSVR
rflagnv1.gif

Sorry Blair, That corner was the only issue in all three laps.

Duck, it was'nt your replay I was inquiring about. Sorry for the confusion! I' m just starting to engage in this tech stuff, and ask a lot of questions.

could a moderator look at this photo and let me know if its clean.

Last edited:
Duck, it was'nt your replay I was inquiring about. Sorry for the confusion! I' m just starting to engage in this tech stuff, and ask a lot of questions.

:lol: I was cooking a duck soap on my own.
Ask these questions, then 👍

3---2'51.517---1---GTP_Mysteron is that
rflagnv1.gif
or
user118395pic1573412914.gif
???
Everything correct, except the driver name, Mysteron71 it writes :dunce:

1---2'52.883---9---GTP_Hasslemoff

Congratulations for your win 👍

2---2'52.375---8---GTP_Duck
Congratulations for you podium too 👍

Tell me if you can see my replay

Attachments

• GTP_Anastasis14_WEEK_44_WRS.zip
    768.1 KB · Views: 12
:ill: Sorry, guys. I have to sleep. My alarm is at 5:10 am tomorrow

Anastasis: thanks for checking. Can't reciprocate within next 18 hours....

See you tomorrow.

I have downloaded some replays for review and noticed that I have zipped mine at the wrong point. Should I re-zip and upload or is it ok this time? thanks

GTP_RaceRyder

That photo is dirty by about 2 inches. The entire tire is off the track. The rumble strip is considered track but once it ends it's considered out of bounds and at least part of the tire must be touching pavement at all times.

That photo is dirty by about 2 inches. The entire tire is off the track. The rumble strip is considered track but once it ends it's considered out of bounds and at least part of the tire must be touching pavement at all times.

Agreed - the rumble ends with the last red sector, so the driver should be on the strip of dark grey tarmac to the right to be legal. As Scott says, the driver is a few inches off.

I'd agree, Scott. 👍 Glad my car was red! :sly:

I have downloaded some replays for review and noticed that I have zipped mine at the wrong point. Should I re-zip and upload or is it ok this time? thanks

It would be nice if everyone zipped the same, but the reality is that there's always some differences in how people follow the directions. As we get more and more people comfortable checking replays, it becomes a quick decision while on your PC about how to deal with the different file structures people choose to zip, so I'd say leave it for now.

GTP_Anastasis - 2'52.845

GTP_Hasslemoff - 2'52.883

GTP_Duck - 2'52.375

All clean laps, Correct tyres and times. 👍

Thanks gravitron.

Congrats to all the winners and podium finishers of this difficult week.👍

5---2'52.845---GTP_Anastasis14

2---2'52.917---GTP_jtv90069

Congrats on your first D3 podium.👍

My lap times:

Congratulations to all who participate, division and podium winners :cheers:

Insane time from Wes :bowdown:

Congratulations to all contenders, especially to Usual Suspect (again... I think I'll have to wait your promotion to D1 before have some chance to win ;) ),

Said that to so many drivers, but never expect to ear it :embarrassed: , great consistency from you and coming to 2º 👍

A word to Lucas also, you becoming faster and faster by the week :sly:

Thanks to my mates Jon and Chris 👍

My laps:

T1: 57.451
T2: 57.385
T3: 57.274

Started slow but i think that prevent it from be to nervous on the final lap

My best lap was a 57.211.
Replay will follow as soon as i find my USB pen :crazy:

401501_265723863486058_100001453399277_716289_1486479683_n.jpg

3---2'53.651---2---GTP_MilleRSVR (Replay Needed)
Sorry Blair

I'm not sure thats considered dirty. The tires not on the grass or the dirt. Looks like concrete to me. No offense Dale, or to the others who commented, but I would like confirmation from another race steward. If it is dirty than so be it, a red flag it is.

I agree the pic above is clean by a mile, as discussed before in the race thread with a very similar picture the car has 2 wheels still on the track/rumble strip at the point the picture is taken! It's the frame just a few clicks after where the rumble strip ends abruptly that needs to be checked for any possible fail 👍

GL with it 👍

The rumble strip has already ended, the red was the end of it. That's the reason I said dirty. My understanding of track from this week is red/white rumbles and that's not the white its referring to, and pavement.

I'm not sure thats considered dirty. The tires not on the grass or the dirt. Looks like concrete to me. No offense Dale, or to the others who commented, but I would like confirmation from another race steward. If it is dirty than so be it, a red flag it is.

I asked this question in the original thread there is a reply from EDK in there and it was considered dirty. See page 8 of the original thread and it is mentioned again on page 11. Speedy6543 has uploasded a picture showing the "dirty" area with a red outline..

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234969&page=8

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234969&page=11

The reasons highlighted on page 11 are that the Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
No other surfaces are track

Sorry Guys I lost quite a few good runs there myself.

I will endevour to dig my replay out of my PS3 tonight if I get the chance between making Wedding invites and all of the Christmas stuff this week has to offer.

Last edited:
This one is as close to gray as black and white ever get. By technical definition, the rumble ends at the end of the red, therefore dirty. But by that same definition, the white area is still rumble, they just didn't paint it red because the corner is over. So it's clean. The lack of another red portion is the only reason this question has come up. If you want to be fair to those who threw out laps because they thought it was dirty, call it dirty. If you want to accept it because biting that corner is so important to the top speed on the straight and learning how to do that is imperative to getting faster, call it clean. Either way, the final decision will not be popular, in my humble opinion.

The rumble strip has already ended, the red was the end of it. That's the reason I said dirty. My understanding of track from this week is red/white rumbles and that's not the white its referring to, and pavement.

I would agree the rumble strip ended at the red stripe. But beyond that there is concrete (white) which my tire is on. There are other areas on the track where the rumbles end abruptly, and there is only grass or dirt. If a tire was on the rumble strip, and off track on the grass at the same time, I would consider it dirty.
That is not the case here, at least that's my view. I believe I have a valid argument.

Edit: I just viewed the above picture that Kevin deemed dirty. Looks like I'm in the same situation. I don't happen to agree for the reasons I stated above. But the rules are the rules.

Last edited:
Back