GTP_WRS Week 44 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 98 comments
Edit: I just viewed the above picture that Kevin deemed dirty. Looks like I'm in the same situation. I don't happen to agree for the reasons I stated above. But the rules are the rules.

I would just like to say that yes, the rules are the rules, and since the same situation was deemed dirty once, it's best to be consistent.
I think it is just as important to note that it seems your intention was not to cheat, so it's not a flagrant foul. I know I have learned not to stop and say "How clean was I?" every damn time I hit a corner. Run the lap. View the replay. If you KNOW it is dirty, and still submit it, or if you don't even check it, then that violates the "spirit of the rules". That is disgusting. 👎
But if you have a doubt, then by all means give it a shot. I'm not condoning pushing the boundaries all the time to make Kevin's life a constant hell. I am saying that the only way you can ever go as fast as the aliens is to push yourself, and that means encountering those boundaries, and that is also why we use peers to check each other, with the moderators being the final boom-boom.
Getting to the point: Chin up, MilleRSVR! If you hadn't known the right line through that corner, you wouldn't have had been in that position. You only missed by six inches or so, and that's pretty bloody good!!! 👍

I would agree the rumble strip ended at the red stripe. But beyond that there is concrete (white) which my tire is on. There are other areas on the track where the rumbles end abruptly, and there is only grass or dirt. If a tire was on the rumble strip, and off track on the grass at the same time, I would consider it dirty.
That is not the case here, at least that's my view. I believe I have a valid argument.

Edit: I just viewed the above picture that Kevin deemed dirty. Looks like I'm in the same situation. I don't happen to agree for the reasons I stated above. But the rules are the rules.
I feel for you Blair, and I hope I wasn't coming off as a jerk in the posts where I responded. And I think Chuk was right in that you weren't trying to pull one past us, you honestly thought that was considered clean and I respect that. Take any anger you have throw it into the Corvette, it seems like a good combo to drive angry.👍 I think the key for calling it dirty though is that the first post doesn't say all hard surfaces are track like it has some weeks, but instead says specifically tarmac and red/white rumbles.

GTP_Gravitron,Clean Run, correct tires. Congrats on Podium Finish Lucas!

3---2'52.536---6---GTP_Gravitron
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Last edited:
GTP_Allibubba, Smooth and clean. Correct Tires. Congrats on Podium Finish AL!

3---2'55.503---1---GTP_Allibubba99

I am done Replay checking for now. Wednesday Races in a few hours. My Avatar explains everything!

Moderators, I will place all replays on One Post from now on. Just noticed how the EU guys do it!

Last edited:
Speedy6543 could I please get a copy of the iinstructions on how to insert a picture to a post. I couldnt sus that out either thus the PDF links.

I copied the PM I sent to Nish. 👍

I feel for you Blair, and I hope I wasn't coming off as a jerk in the posts where I responded. And I think Chuk was right in that you weren't trying to pull one past us, you honestly thought that was considered clean and I respect that. Take any anger you have throw it into the Corvette, it seems like a good combo to drive angry.👍 I think the key for calling it dirty though is that the first post doesn't say all hard surfaces are track like it has some weeks, but instead says specifically tarmac and red/white rumbles.

No offense taken. I didn't see that particular post before I submitted my replay. I realize an exception can't be made once it has been determined. I did review the replay and didn't believe it was dirty or I wouldn't have submitted it.

I still stand on my opinion that I'm on concrete, and that should be considered part of the racing surface. I don't make the rules, but I will stand by them.

Thanks jtv90069 and Anastasis for checking my replay 👍

GTP_Allibubba, Smooth and clean. Correct Tires. Congrats on Podium Finish AL!

3---2'55.503---1---GTP_Allibubba99

I am done Replay checking for now. Wednesday Races in a few hours. My Avatar explains everything!

Moderators, I will place all replays on One Post from now on. Just noticed how the EU guys do it!

Thanks Dale! See you tonight. You must be getting close to a promotion!

Al

I would agree the rumble strip ended at the red stripe. But beyond that there is concrete (white) which my tire is on. There are other areas on the track where the rumbles end abruptly, and there is only grass or dirt. If a tire was on the rumble strip, and off track on the grass at the same time, I would consider it dirty.
That is not the case here, at least that's my view. I believe I have a valid argument.

Sorry, but it is dirty.

That spot is a lot like the invisiwall in the last corner of HSR. We've had a lot of people push it there and end up with a DQ.

Tarmac = Black Hard surface. Concrete is not tarmac. And the Green parts of the rumbles are not track.

I don't consider this blatant disregard for the rules. More of a misunderstanding. But particularly in light of the fact that I clarified this spot in the race thread during the week, I have not other choice but to hand out a DQ.

Last edited:
So here is my replay, I finally had a chance to extract it from the PS3. Wish I could give this week a decent crack it looks like fun. Thanks in advance for checking my replay anf to everone who makes this such a fun series. Loved the multi lap format it gave more of that real race feeling.

View attachment Week 44 Luds78 PAL replay.zip :)

GTP_Gravitron,Clean Run, correct tires. Congrats on Podium Finish Lucas!

3---2'52.536---6---GTP_Gravitron

Thanks for the check Dale. 👍 Glad you got the replay checking stuff down.

GTP_Bloodimayem - Clean Laps, Correct tyres - posted time 2:55.243 actual time 2:55.273
Lap 1 - 58.400, Lap 2 - 58.501, Lap 3 - 58.372.
Splits posted 21.993 - 17.641 - 18.708 - 58.342
Splits in replay 21.993 - 17.641 - 18.738 - 58.372
Looks like a typo mistake.

GTP_Luds78 - Clean Laps, Correct tyres and times

Congratulations to everyone, very nice job with the continous sub 57.2's :)

PAL Replay

Attachments

• GTP_Demes_week44.zip
    814.6 KB · Views: 9
4---2'51.865---GTP_Demes

Great lap, you did a lot better this week. Congrats! :cheers:

2---2'55.243---GTP_Bloodimayhem

Clean lap, congrats on the podium!

My replay:

Attachments

• GT5 WRS Week 44 GTP_w-g-e PAL.zip
    743.5 KB · Views: 13
Nearly forgot this one...

Lap 1: 57.055
Lap 2: 57.123
Lap 3: 57.265 :ouch:

PAL replay

Attachments

• PAL_Sutuki_WRS44.zip
    762.7 KB · Views: 13
Sorry for the delay but this time is crazy around my house :dopey:

Attachments

• GTP_UsualSuspect WRS 44 Replay PAL.rar
    756.3 KB · Views: 12
Sorry I am late... been a busy weekend... Ugh...

Attachments

• RyanErb_WRS_Week44_NTSC.zip
    780.3 KB · Views: 12
Back