GTP_WRS Week 45 : Mountaineering 201

• Thread starter EDK
  • 144 comments
Gave this one a spin before work:
Of three days this week for thanksgiving. So will be putting alot more time into this one.

Loving this
Lost time uphill before t1 and in last sector and in t3 too
1:23.983
BB 2/7

Loving this
Lost time uphill before t1 and in last sector and in t3 too
BB 2/7

Thanks for the tip on the brake balance 👍, been using 8/9, 7/7, 3/7 - then tried 2/7.

Found it easier to carry more speed to the apex and to steer more accurately.

Messed up last sector again but I'm fairly happy with the others for now. :D

1'23.967

I'm new here and I need help. I would like to take part in this time trial and i wonder what "Added Parts Not Allowed" means. Does it mean, that i have to us a stock car? ist it allowed to use a

I'm new here and I need help. I would like to take part in this time trial and i wonder what "Added Parts Not Allowed" means. Does it mean, that i have to us a stock car? ist it allowed to use a

The car needs to be completely stock (oil change, paint job, and custom rims are allowed) , and no tuning except for the brake bias.

The car needs to be completely stock (oil change, paint job, and custom rims are allowed) , and no tuning except for the brake bias.

Thanks! My post was unfinished... i wondered if i can use a fully adjustable suspension. But now it is clear that this is prohibet.

First time doing a WRS TT since I did the initial join up back in January. Sector 3 is terrible, but here are my splits so far:

1:24.900

I posted my splits last night at 9 pm ET, but they aren't showing on the leaderboard. I changed my GTP ID since I joined, but @Gravitron changed it before I posted here last night. Any ideas? Maybe just posting again will trigger it?

I posted my splits last night at 9 pm ET, but they aren't showing on the leaderboard. I changed my GTP ID since I joined, but @Gravitron changed it before I posted here last night. Any ideas? Maybe just posting again will trigger it?

I can't find anything wrong to explain why it's not working. Can you try posting them again? The only reason I'm questioning your earlier re-post of them is that you edited the post, and Fetchy doesn't handle edited posts very well.

I few (too many) whiskys, and 45 minutes of running.

1'24.775

T1 is tricky. The amount of fluffed exits to the chicane. Woah! This may be experimentation, or possibly due to being slightly drunk. I have binned several 23.xxx, so reckon a 23.8xx is my goal for T1.

T2 seems to be all about the shortest distance. I have tried a few lines, but nothing beats cutting the corner close. T3 has 3 bits I can't string together. Turn 8 seems to be hit and miss. Some laps I can nail it, but others I understeer straight into the wall. The left is great as I can see at least a quarter of a second there on my ghost, but struggle with the uphill exit to the final right in T3.

Some great time though, and it seems to be quite close at the top ;)

1'24.717

Binned a 1'24.3xx by being greedy in the last turn. That will do me tonight. 99kms in and reasonably happy.

1'23.861

As an actual Clio owner I feel I have an unfair advantage. However, my one only has 75 BHP...

I have an unfair advantage as well, although mine is that I spent a load of time at Trial Mountain in GT5.

Not saying I'm quick or anything but I found it's just about possible. :mischievous:

Good luck mate 👍

I've actually not even needed to go into 5th up the hill, so that's quite surprising.

I have an unfair advantage as well, although mine is that I spent a load of time at Trial Mountain in GT5.

I've actually not even needed to go into 5th up the hill, so that's quite surprising.

I'm using Auto so it's a different kettle of fish, sometimes its 4th all the way up, others its both, just depends on how much speed I carry on each attempt.

Back