GTP_WRS Week 45 : Mountaineering 201

• Thread starter EDK
  • 144 comments
The entire track is pretty much a disaster (though it could be the back pain affecting my right leg):

1'25.558

Lost time in all sectors but gained 0.166 at the line
1:23.917

I'm not too optimistic about this one, I feel like I am trying to rollerblade on a waterbed. Had time to run a few laps before quitting for the day. New splits posted.

1:25.970

First go in A Liquid Yellow Clio and ran for 13 laps to get the feeling for the car at this track. On the way I got these splits.

I'm really hurting myself in t3. Gained every where else and lost in t3.:banghead:
1:24.800
Can anyone post a video for t3? Is a t3 video allowed?

I'm really hurting myself in t3. Gained every where else and lost in t3.:banghead:
1:24.800
Can anyone post a video for t3? Is a t3 video allowed?
I don't have a best t3 but i'll try to help you with explanation as far as possible from my side
For the first turn in sector 3- you need to stay close to the walls on the right and brake a bit earlier to get early turn in and drop to third gear and stay a bit tight for a good exit you need to be close to the entry of tunnel , and hammer the throttle once you get in the middle of tunnel by the time you reach next corner stay in middle of track and in 3rd gear drop the speed to 105km/hr on the apex just before the "monkey turn" which is a left handed turn. Then again hammer the throttle once past the apex ,there might be a bit understeer at the small kink and watch out for the wall on right
The next left hander stay on the right as wide as possible stay in 3rd drop the speed to 85-90km/hr once through the apex hammer on the throttle again but you can get caught by the understeer and also get sunked up in the grass and bounce just before t3 split

Last edited:
I don't have a best t3 but i'll try to help you with explanation as far as possible from my side
For the first turn in sector 3- you need to stay close to the walls on the right and brake a bit earlier to get early turn in and drop to third gear and stay a bit tight for a good exit you need to be close to the entry of tunnel , and hammer the throttle once you get in the middle of tunnel by the time you reach next corner stay in middle of track and in 3rd gear drop the speed to 105km/hr on the apex just before the monkey turn which is a left handed turn. Then again hammer the throttle once past the apex ,there might be a bit understeer and watch out for the wall on right
The next left hander stay on the right as wide as possible stay in 3rd drop the speed to 85-90km/he once through the apex hammer on the throttle again but you can get caught by the understeer and also get sunked up in the grass and bounce just before t3 split
Thanks for this đź‘Ť Gained almost 2 1/2 tenths in T3.
1:24.572

I'm rather rusty as I haven't played in months, plus I hate the reverse layout of this track.

1'28.236

1'24.165

Clearly there's something going terribly wrong in t3, I just need to figure out what it is.

Now I'm off to consume more turkey and fixin's than should be allowed, and pass out somewhere in the middle of the second football game.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans, and happy Thursday to everyone else.

No whisky tonight, so a little more of a refined technique.

1'24.416

Tried with TCS on 1, and instantly set a 53.0xx T2, and understeered into the bridge wall at the end of the straight. Can't get close now, but I think I may be able to get a 1'24.0xx T3 by the deadline. Not a clue how you fast guys are getting so far into the 23s. Good work!

1-7 :)

Seem to ba able to get the back round and the front turned in better like this. It does mean that there is a very fine line to tread. As the back comes round, it pulls the front wide slightly, which is fine, until it overloads the front tyres. Understeer ahoy.

And I am not one of the quick guys, so YMMV.

So so difficult for me to get this one right, excessive amounts of patience is required I feel! Using 2/7 BB.

1'24.350

Back