GTP_WRS Week 49 : Suzuki Swift @ London Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 193 comments
I've finally made the '45 club at T2, which was my target for today :)
I'm close, but no cigar.
T2: 45.818
Are you trying to catch that crazytortise?
Very nice T2 Neil.
Finally managed to improve my first sector. New splits:

T1: 28.663
T2: 46.507
Nice to see you and Bart back here.
How are you adjusting to the wheel Andy?

Kept restarting the lap till i finally nailed turn 1, only problem is that i forgot the rest of the lap.

Matt.
That can be a bad habit.
Most of the time I try to complete the full lap, it helps me stay in rhythm.
As for
VRRRRM - BANG - - restart
At these times I like to take a short break and come back to it.
I did that today after initially beating the old ghost rather quickly, running laps for another 1/2 hour and failing.
I came back to it and ran the following splits on lap 3 or 4.
Tried to beat them for 20 minutes and couldn't, so I shut off the PS3.

I'm real close to my limit on this one.

At these times I like to take a short break and come back to it.
I did that today after initially beating the old ghost rather quickly, running laps for another 1/2 hour and failing.
I came back to it and ran the following splits on lap 3 or 4.
Tried to beat them for 20 minutes and couldn't, so I shut off the PS3.

I'm real close to my limit on this one.

Nice T2 Kenny, and great advice that I'm just learning to take-sometimes it's better to stop for a bit and return fresh. I also run my faster laps early in the session, and then push too hard trying to be faster. It's pretty frustrating!

Nice to see you and Bart back here.
How are you adjusting to the wheel Andy?

With a slower car like this one there is no problem. With a faster one like last week, I'll still need allot off practise. Ah well, I'm only driving with it for a few days.

New splits.

T1: 28.017
T2: 45.519

Now if I can just string a lap together that has my best T1, T2 and T3 I'll be very happy, but that is much easier said than done.
Edit: After another hour this morning, I found that it was a lot easier said than done, so I've submitted.

Last edited:
Now if I can just string a lap together that has my best T1, T2 and T3 I'll be very happy, but that is much easier said than done.

Tell me about it :lol:

My laps earlier I either had a stonking (by my standards) T1 and T2, but an awful T3, or I'd smack the wall at the first corner and wreck the lap, but carry on just to keep my rhythm going, and put in a really good final sector...very frustrating!!

New splits.

Edit: After another hour this morning, I found that it was a lot easier said than done, so I've submitted.

Awesome T2 mate...just AWESOME :sly: I'm going to have one more go to see if I can improve my T2, although I think it's going to be tough to beat my overall lap time in the end :ill: The overall lap times for the entire D1 field should be quite cut throat by the time deadline comes around :crazy:

Final Splits:

T1 27.985
T2 45.756 (screwed that up)

But I nailed the last turn, so thats good.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
New splits.

A T2 of .519 and .520 separates us mate! Looks like we're back to our extremely close finishes! 👍 Although by the looks of that T2 compared to T1 you have plenty more speed than me heading for the final turn.... :scared:

Final Splits:

T1 27.985
T2 45.756 (screwed that up)

But I nailed the last turn, so thats good.

Chad

Chad - Nice to see you in here for WRS. 👍

We don't upload replays until the results are posted, so that final times are secret until the deadline. I've taken the liberty of deleting the replay from your post.

Good luck in the results.

:cheers:
Kevin

EDK
Chad - Nice to see you in here for WRS. 👍

We don't upload replays until the results are posted, so that final times are secret until the deadline. I've taken the liberty of deleting the replay from your post.

Good luck in the results.

:cheers:
Kevin

I see, thanks, of course its been awhile for me. I won't do that again! :dopey:

chad

Finally got some splits that I'm able to report. 👍

Really fun combo, will run tomorrow before submitting. 👍

Had a final session this afternoon, with only one standout of achieving a T2 of 45.433 only to stuff it on the last turn. :mad:

Submitting with my current best splits.

Nicko, you had a go at this while Bathurst is on?!:eek:

Nicko, you had a go at this while Bathurst is on?!:eek:

:lol: I was kinda on and off for an hour. I watched Bathurst for a while then had a go at the Swift. Got too hard in the end so I quit playing and watched the V8's.

Just a little better splits but again a much better last corner :)

T1 : 28'372
T2 : 46'229

A very funny combo ! I'm amaze how I enjoy trying to improve my time :)
I have to improve my T2 now !!!!

I was going to have another go but decided against it, no way I'll catch CWR anyway.:scared: Submitted.👍

Ran about 60 more laps over 2 stints, but couldn't come within 2 tenths of my best. Frustration set in and sucked all the fun out of this combo, so I thought it best to submit and move on.

Submitted splits:
T1: 28.834
T2: 46.770

Last place, here I come :D

I'm off to buy me a Viper, see you next week!

I gave this one a go and here's what I came up with:

Edit: Damn, I saw a 27.892 but I screwed up :lol:

Edit 2: :lol: I can't believe I actually drove this, but I did:

Last edited:
Had a final go today and improved but only little...:

T1:0'27,989
T2:0'45,578

Submitted.

spyrrari.

EDIT:@Bart...nice Dutch T1 buddy...lol

Last edited:
Incredible splits being posted, Ian, Nick and Bart, deeply impressive :bowdown:

I'm having so much trouble hooking up a lap I am proud of. Turn 1, 3 and 5 are great one lap, and turn 2, 4 and 6 next lap. Completely out of my comfort zone with this one.

Well done guys.

All the best
Maz

Very frustrating this WRS, I've seen 4 or 5 45.8 at T2 only to bin it in the final corner - even had a 45.7 and did the same GRRR !!

Brought my T2 time down and gained almost 2 tenths at the line with this effort thanks to a perfect last corner,

T1 - 28.301
T2 - 46.068

Had a final go today and improved but only little...:

T1:0'27,989
T2:0'45,578

Submitted.

spyrrari.

EDIT:@Bart...nice Dutch T1 buddy...lol

Go Dutchies 👍 You probably got a better laptime anyway, the last corner wasn't that good, but good enough.

Are you trying to catch that crazytortise?
Very nice T2 Neil.

Thanks
Yes and no, as i always run a hard as i can but this is my best track, i have 5 wins in 6 WRS races at this track so i can't let him win easy.

I just ran this combo again before posting splits for week 50 and i may have reached my limit for this one i may try once more before the deadline

Well I never did get back to this as we been busy all weekend at the club ... Time submitted anyway! good luck to all 👍

Back