GTP_WRS Week 49 : Suzuki Swift @ London Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 193 comments
I watched his lap once, I didn't think there was much different, I'll definitely need to take another look. Damn London Reverse.:crazy: I really hope I'm abnormally faster than normal for me at Grand Valley Speedway when GT5 hits, I loved that track. Did all my testing and tuning there in GT4.

Agree, Grand Valley Speedway is still one of mine favorites altough I liked it the most in GT1 (Endurance - Grand Valley Speedway 300km) that race was just so nice to do <3.

Will have to wait till the weekend to give this combo a try. But I am thinking of getting mine PS3 over here were I am during the week, so I can play more than only the weekends where I have little time anyway :(.

20 laps done (please no snickering):

T1: 28.768
T2: 46.719

Might as well set the bar low for the bottom of Div 2. :lol:

Thanks!

Decided to dust off the old GT5P and give this combo a try.

10 laps in:

T1: 29,049
T2: 47,194

Hmmm, does it show that I haven't raced for about 5 months :P

Same here, very rusty! T2 47.3

Back with full splits when I've finished this sesh 👍

Ran it out of interest with wheel and pad. I hate pads, but this is a track where a pad is an advantage over the wheel given the ridiculous lock-lock required for a fast lap.

Seeing the missus running this one made me jump on for a few laps also :) Very nice simple and easy combo :cheers:

28.081 / 45.676

Can see a few tenths to be had yet ... I'll be back 👍

Seeing the missus running this one made me jump on for a few laps also :) Very nice simple and easy combo :cheers:

28.081 / 45.676

Wow.... just wow. Blistering fast splits 👍

28.081 / 45.676

Ok, I'm almost afraid to ask but what were the missus' splits? :)

She posted her T2 only so far! ... see the post by Kelly above 👍

and cheers CT :cheers:

Amazing splits Mr P, just amazing! 👍 Had a crack last night and my best T2 was a 46.1xx, and that was hard to get! I might take a look at P1's ghost and try and amend my lines. I will probably happily settle with my 46.1xx lap as that may indeed be my limit.

Yet again, fantastic splits by both you, Crazytortise and Ian, great job guys.

Amazing splits Mr P, just amazing! 👍 Had a crack last night and my best T2 was a 46.1xx, and that was hard to get! I might take a look at P1's ghost and try and amend my lines. I will probably happily settle with my 46.1xx lap as that may indeed be my limit.

Yet again, fantastic splits by both you, Crazytortise and Ian, great job guys.

You must have the same problem as I do.:nervous: Nuclearfire seems to have had a nice T2, his T1 is a let down though. In fact, his T2 is almost the same as everyone faster than him except me, because I have a slower T2 but a faster T1 that keeps me ahead.:sly:

I reckon you're right mate - I really have no idea how to run through T1 properly with this car. T2 seems to be my only good spot on the track!

I reckon you're right mate - I really have no idea how to run through T1 properly with this car. T2 seems to be my only good spot on the track!

Ah, my T2 is my problem, I just need to nail T1. Although I'll never be in the same league as D1 guys.:sly: It seems 50% or more of the field have done the second sector 2 tenths faster than my best.:nervous:

OH YEAH! Woohoo!:dopey: Well after watching the P1 world ranking's record I found it was the only corner in T2 that needed improving, the rest of how I do things is fine.👍 P1 took that corner from a wider angle with slightly more brake, so he could get on the throttle sooner. Anyway, after loosely adopting this technique, and luckily getting a slight improvement in T1 too, I've improved massively on my time. 4 tenths at the line despite only being 2 tenths at T2.:eek:

T1- 28.296
T2- 45.935

OH YEAH! Woohoo!:dopey: Well after watching the P1 world ranking's record I found it was the only corner in T2 that needed improving, the rest of how I do things is fine.👍 P1 took that corner from a wider angle with slightly more brake, so he could get on the throttle sooner. Anyway, after loosely adopting this technique, and luckily getting a slight improvement in T1 too, I've improved massively on my time. 4 tenths at the line despite only being 2 tenths at T2.:eek:

T1- 28.296
T2- 45.935

Very nice Paulie 👍 that one corner makes or breaks your lap and it looks like you got the right line now.

My first ever WRS splits :D

T1: 28.042
T2: 45.717

Still a tenth or two to find especially in the last sector.
I used to hate London, and had only previously done a few laps on the reverse circuit. Now i think its great.

Jack.

T1 is killing me, I will have to change somthing........no:idea:

I need to find half a second or so in T1.
My T3 is good, as I was beaten by it, every attempt.
Even when being up by .2 at T1 & T2.

Some more laps from me and my best so far has...

28.032 / 45.621 ( took .2 at the last section off my old save :) )

I'll be back 👍

Ok I'm back :) Managed to get down to my target time and sectors are...

Best T1 has been 28.6 so I ain't done with this yet, loads more time for me here but can't see me getting much faster tbh

DIV 3 / DFGT ;)

Ten laps before lunch:

T1 28.429
T2 46.637

This combo is so cool, I love how I had to drive this car. Fun

Last edited:
Back