GTP_WRS Week 5 : Merry Christmas from the WRS

• Thread starter EDK
  • 478 comments
Whilst the wife is in bed with a hangover, I get the TV to myself for a little while to put some more laps in.

New splits from me:

I’m not sure what’s happened, but along with @Never2fast1, I also feel like I’m overachieving this week. It has been a great battle with you too this week, very enjoyable. Here’s to many more in the weeks going forward. :cheers:

Also a big thanks to @Iceman for sharing his tune, really suits my driving style and has helped me gain over 2 seconds this week!

Still trying to improve, my replay cuts off very abruptly just after I cross the line. I also feel like there is a couple more tenths left too!
Happy New Year All!! :gtpflag:

Wow, I need another .6 to catch you. Nice lap. I will give it one last run today and see what I can do, my optimal was a second faster but I ran a very great S4 and don't think I can match it again.

Pretty fun that a couple of div 3/4 guys are mixing it up near the top 20. :cheers:

Wow, I need another .6 to catch you. Nice lap. I will give it one last run today and see what I can do, my optimal was a second faster but I ran a very great S4 and don't think I can match it again.

Pretty fun that a couple of div 3/4 guys are mixing it up near the top 20. :cheers:

My T4 was pretty bad on this lap so am trying it again... I have a goal that I want to get to, just trying to get there now!

It is great! Let’s hope we can keep this up!

My T4 was pretty bad on this lap so am trying it again... I have a goal that I want to get to, just trying to get there now!

It is great! Let’s hope we can keep this up!

Ran 30 laps this morning, no improvement, even my optimal was slower than my best time to date. Submitted time because dont think ill get another run at it today. Good luck.:cheers:

Had another go because I didn’t feel complete - and the wife went back to bed.

Slightly slower splits, but faster at the line, T4 much improved.

Done with this one now. Good luck!

Clean/dirty?
The cone doesn’t move going by the video, thoughts please as if clean I’ll upload with this

Attachments

• 6D2AB16E-2E06-4080-BD61-A3CE98E2492E.jpeg
    6D2AB16E-2E06-4080-BD61-A3CE98E2492E.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 23
  • FC1530A8-A721-466E-BC46-7CAD0A171227.jpeg
    FC1530A8-A721-466E-BC46-7CAD0A171227.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 23
Clean/dirty?
The cone doesn’t move going by the video, thoughts please as if clean I’ll upload with this
That is a light orange corner marker cone, so you can hit those. You just can’t hit the darker orange ones that mark track boundaries.

That is a light orange corner marker cone, so you can hit those. You just can’t hit the darker orange ones that mark track boundaries.

Oh! So I can hit any of the those ones?!
How about the cone on corner 5 I think it is? The right hander after the double left after you cross sector 1.

there are 3 red cones separating another route on inside (not in dirt) 5, or 6 on outside, those you cannot, if any more cones inside, them you can hit, i mean that one on apex of the turn, which should be in dirt, that one is safe to hit.

Edit: try to turn off the corner marker cones within the cogwheel settings menu and have a look at the track which ones you cannot touch. ;)

Or, you can just turn them off in the driving options menu if you think they’re too much of a hassle trying to figure out which are which.

Had a quick go before going out but made a complete hash of the final sector, the result being only a few hundredths faster than the couple of tenths is could have been :banghead:

Hopefully get in another run tonight when I get home :cheers:

Cheers guys wish I found this out earlier I’ll have to have another try abit later on then, definitely more time to get as I’ve been avoiding every cone so far! It’s been a while

Clean/dirty?

That cone is one of your driving aids cones (orange) not a track limit cone (red) and it doesn't matter if you knock it as long as you didn't go off track

had a one more go at this, but the thing is that the more I try the slower my times get. :scared: definitely time to cut this off.:banghead:

Had a frustating last planned session today with lots of invalid laps though noticed that the first lap of this session was my fastest yet in all three sectors but I messed up S4 time wise against what I've done before......so just had to have a go a bit longer in 'banzai' style and whilst couldn't get to same cumulative S3 times did achieve a S4 so much better that improved the overall time substantially......so quite a breakthrough for me but very late in the day.....

Submitted and onto Village and Mustang GR.B - once done Streets of Willow/Alsace Circuit Experience to increase the funds..........

Just realised how poor my final sector is, on a bad lap managed to run 3 tenths quicker I’m that sector than lap posted hopefully I can find it tonight in the time left or I will disappear down the leaderboard :banghead:

I apologize in advance for the late start by me. I've been dying to try this time trial all week but haven't had the free time until now. First splits from me using Iceman's setup. Can see at least another .3 being found especially in the first two sectors.

Submitting with these splits, could’ve done with a few more days just to get the potential.
Had a .412 sector 1 and a few mid .6 by sector 2 overall, I struggled on sector 3 all week. Probably was another .4 overall with practice but would’ve been hard to string it all together. Abit gutted I didn’t go abit faster really.

Really enjoyed it although had man flu most of the time!

Submitted, not really happy with the time as I can’t believe how poor my final sector is. Tried tonight but with deadline approaching the pressure was on :lol:

I expect to drop a few places being so poor in the last 2 corners:banghead:

Good luck guys:cheers:

Slower splits (well, 2 of them are), faster time, and submitting. Left 2 tenths our there according to optimal time, but I just can’t string it all together.

Saw high 19.4’s in sector 1, one high 22.2 in 2, and a high 26.5 in 3. Not too happy about leaving that much time, but I just can’t put it all into one lap. :guilty:

Back