GTP_WRS Week 5 : Merry Christmas from the WRS

• Thread starter EDK
  • 478 comments
2 tenths off up until the final sector, what the 🤬 was I doing wrong in the last sector

Thinking about it I was going down to second gear for the turn at the end of sector 3, was everyone else in 3rd?

2 tenths off up until the final sector, what the 🤬 was I doing wrong in the last sector

I was taking the first braking curve in 3rd then down to 2ND on the last turn with a small arc to the finish.

Andrew showing up late, putting in small effort makes me cringe at what he would have gotten with a full week.

Congrats to everyone on a great week! Great t4 time @markyboy92

I was taking the first braking curve in 3rd then down to 2ND on the last turn with a small arc to the finish.

Andrew showing up late, putting in small effort makes me cringe at what he would have gotten with a full week.

Congrats to everyone on a great week! Great t4 time @markyboy92
Wow, what a mistake to make all week going into 2nd for that corner but was doing the same as you for the last turn. Can’t believe I didn’t use 3rd considering I do for all other turns

Thinking about it I was going down to second gear for the turn at the end of sector 3, was everyone else in 3rd?

Indeed, I knew mine was at least .1 slow, but turned out to be much worse than I expected. Best I saw was a .29 last sector, but seemed like a total fluke.

Firstly StigsTC would like to thank DrunksTC for handling the lap submission, however I still want to know how DrunksTC did a 22.154 in S2 while I was goofing off with my friends yesterday. Woke up early to try again to see if I could maybe put one together hoping to recreate that 22.1, but again, lots of great setcors including matching my PB in S1, regularly hitting 26.5 in S3 just couldn't get a lap together so no last minute improvement.
Absolutely mega final split by @markyboy92, I was only 0.01 off my best in S4 so I felt I stood a chance but beat me by best part of half a tenth there, congratulations on a well earned win.

I only used 2nd on the exit of 2, to get up the hill out of 3 and again in the last corner, rest of the lap was taking corners in 3rd, except the back straight in 4th obviously.

Well done everyone, great times up there!

So I somehow managed to drop .8 in the last sector alone!

We were a lot closer in the final results @Never2fast1, if I hadn’t got that lap today, you would of beaten me by a few thousandths!

Looking forward to watching some replays to see what I lost in T4!

Well done everyone, great times up there!

So I somehow managed to drop .8 in the last sector alone!

We were a lot closer in the final results @Never2fast1, if I hadn’t got that lap today, you would of beaten me by a few thousandths!

Looking forward to watching some replays to see what I lost in T4!

Yeah (for me) nailed that final sector, I had multiple laps where I was in front of ghost heading into final sector ( one time by .4) but the ghost would get me at the line everytime.

This combo was a blast.

Just had a go using 3rd gear :ouch: would of beaten my posted time easy 🤬:banghead:
I will learn for next time hopefully. Others watching my replay are going to wonder what I was doing :lol:
That’s messed up a chance of a good division placement :yuck:

Btw, would love to see some settings posted by the top guys, if possible! Spent a lot of time tweaking and while it looks like I came up with something that worked well for many it felt like a lot of the process was simply trial and error, rather than making logical (with respect to what I'd expect the setting to do IRL) changes. At some point the line between an improvement in the settings and personal improvement became really blurry and never found anything that concretely improved on the final setup I posted. In general, the main goal I had was to limit the rear breaking loose (this was a huge time loss in general), especially in T2 , while keeping understeer under control.

Btw, would love to see some settings posted by the top guys, if possible! Spent a lot of time tweaking and while it looks like I came up with something that worked well for many it felt like a lot of the process was simply trial and error, rather than making logical (with respect to what I'd expect the setting to do IRL) changes. At some point the line between an improvement in the settings and personal improvement became really blurry and never found anything that concretely improved on the final setup I posted. In general, the main goal I had was to limit the rear breaking loose (this was a huge time loss in general), especially in T2 , while keeping understeer under control.

I used your setup like for like and thought it was great

P.s when necessary how do I share the video etc? I haven’t got to learn how the game works atall really yet, sorry for all the stupid questions this week.

I agree with Iceman's sentiments whereby you hit a point where the difference between car and driver improvement becomes imperceptible. I'm pretty happy to nail a setup early and just drive the wheels off it and then eventually try and tweak the car once I've got the driver part of the equation mostly maxed out. Did some tweaking and I noticed that I could choose oversteer and gain in S3, but would lose in S1/S4, or I could go for understeer and dominate S2 but suck in S3, was really interesting.
Code:
StigsTC Fusion Blast(TM) Setup
RH: 108/115
NF: 1.30/1.45
ARB: 10/10
Dampers: Minimum
/\ : 1.1/1.5
Toe: -0.15/0.00
Diff 5/5/5

Did some tweaking and I noticed that I could choose oversteer and gain in S3, but would lose in S1/S4, or I could go for understeer and dominate S2 but suck in S3, was really interesting.

Exactly my experience, the car/track combo really did well in highlighting the effect of attitude changes in different situations. Will give yours a try tomorrow to see how it feels, thanks for posting 👍

Just had a go using 3rd gear :ouch: would of beaten my posted time easy 🤬:banghead:
I will learn for next time hopefully. Others watching my replay are going to wonder what I was doing :lol:
That’s messed up a chance of a good division placement :yuck:

Took me awhile to learn that it was quicker just to stay in 3rd with that slow upshift. Think that was my biggest gain for the week, well that and @Iceman setup.

I used your setup like for like and thought it was great

P.s when necessary how do I share the video etc? I haven’t got to learn how the game works atall really yet, sorry for all the stupid questions this week.

Go to "My Library" in game, find your best lap replay, hit the triangle button, and select share replay. The full set of 3 keyword search tags to use will be posted later, but if you use "gtpwrs005" as a keyword that should suffice.

Be_weis
greenflag-gif.152575

Nail-27
greenflag-gif.152575

GTP_GTRacer22
greenflag-gif.152575

Nerazzurri_Outla
redflag-gif.152574
Hit a track limits cone at the start of T4.

Replay shared, can’t believe how much time I lost through a stupid mistake. Only had a quick go last night after deadline to see the difference and it was costing me over half a second :banghead:

GTPWRS005
Special_K_2181
WRS Merry Xmas

Hopefully I will learn from that mistake next time, I was shocked to be only 2 tenths down on the splits board and then see in the results I was nearly a second off. I soon figured out what I must have been doing wrong though. This no doubt will effect my division placement once I have completed my 3rd trial.

Congrats to Markyboy and all other podium finishers and division winners :cheers:

Nerazzurri_Outla
redflag-gif.152574
Hit a track limits cone at the start of T4.

Oh no! :(
I was so sure the lap was clean! The cone in question was hit on a previous lap & wasn’t there when I did this one. When I checked the replay before sharing it showed the cone already down, but on the first play through it now shows it being there.
But if you back up the replay by 10 secs & check again it is how it was when I ran the lap. I grew that on the first run through you can clearly see that I hit the cone & I’ll just have to accept my red flag.
But as I only saw this on my many times of double checking the replay, you can see why I thought it was clean.
Sorry for such a long post but I felt I needed to explain myself.
I have however learnt a valuable lesson that if I hit a red cone on a slow lap in future I should exit & start again because that cone might not be in line with the others where I presumed it would be. :banghead:

Munch2112
greenflag-gif.152575

giznav
greenflag-gif.152575

Special_K_2181
Thanks for looking, won’t be making that silly mistake again..... hopefully :cheers:

Watched your lap, looks like I was doing it wrong in the second sector double left as well, you were going into 2nd there. It was only costing me a tenth this time and not the half a second I was loosing in sector 4

Great lap by the way
Be_Weis
greenflag-gif.152575

Last edited:
Markyboy92/GTP_Markyboy
redflag-gif.152574

Sorry - You run over the very last cone with your rear wheels!

I don’t think it actually moves, but there is definite contact with the base.

Attachments

• 42827B12-9997-4F6A-89F1-2258434ECC6A.jpeg
    42827B12-9997-4F6A-89F1-2258434ECC6A.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 25
Markyboy92/GTP_Markyboy
redflag-gif.152574

Sorry - You run over the very last cone with your rear wheels!

I don’t think it actually moves, but there is definite contact with the base.

Oh bugger is that 100% a DQ if it doesn’t move? Gutted by that thought it was a clean lap
Fractions!

Last edited:
Watched your lap, looks like I was doing it wrong in the second sector double left as well, you were going into 2nd there. It was only costing me a tenth this time and not the half a second I was loosing in sector 4

I did try 3rd quite a bit there too, as you mention it's actually quite close. The excruciatingly long upshift coincides almost perfectly for the turn in on the right-hander where you need to lift/brake anyways, otherwise 3rd would definitely be faster. Shame about the 2nd gear choice in your final sector, was a nice looking lap, I'm sure you'll be in for some even better results in the future 👍

Back