GTP_WRS Week 5 : Merry Christmas from the WRS

• Thread starter EDK
  • 478 comments
Fun combo, even though I am going to miss the merc....that was fun combo last week.

These cars that are a 1/3 less hp than my daily driver are hard to get use to how slow they are. :D

Some minor tuning to get the car to loosen up the way i like them, and happy with day 1 results.

Only .5 off optimal but I know I will improve over the next week.

Fun combo, even though I am going to miss the merc....that was fun combo last week.

These cars that are a 1/3 less hp than my daily driver are hard to get use to how slow they are. :D

Some minor tuning to get the car to loosen up the way i like them, and happy with day 1 results.

Only .5 off optimal but I know I will improve over the next week.
I will never miss the merc

One technical on stewards: after T1 there is double-left turn, then there is righthanded turn, where is another road connected to track on inside and if you cut it through, even with all 4 wheels on tarmac, game gives you the penalty. How to handle this? Did read the OP and found nothing about. Just asking to be sure about this. Thanks in advance for the reply.

One technical on stewards: after T1 there is double-left turn, then there is righthanded turn, where is another road connected to track on inside and if you cut it through, even with all 4 wheels on tarmac, game gives you the penalty. How to handle this? Did read the OP and found nothing about. Just asking to be sure about this. Thanks in advance for the reply.
Seems to me like the penalty system did its job.

Are you saying the game DQs a legit lap?

EDK
Seems to me like the penalty system did its job.

Are you saying the game DQs a legit lap?
I am pretty sure i didn't break the rules of contact with track in there, just cutted more than normal, no contact with any other object, yet i was served a penalty. This very same issue was even in previous installment, where there was an invalidated lap for this.

I am pretty sure i didn't break the rules of contact with track in there, just cutted more than normal, no contact with any other object, yet i was served a penalty. This very same issue was even in previous installment, where there was an invalidated lap for this.
The white line is what gave you the penalty, happened to me also

I used Mazda Roadster for purpose of showing what I am talking about, and not a full lap, just to be safe with rules.

I know it is even odd place and not the fastest pass through, yet it works like that and it may happen in your fast lap. I don't mind to call this lap dirty as per penalty in game, yet it is a clean pass within the rules, therefore I asked. And some people may play with penalties turned off, sou couldn't even notice this. Any ideas?

Edit: did one aerial photo of the place and it seems, the game counts track only to the arc (clearly visible from this perspective), and if you're on tarmac of the connected part, game invalidates the lap (gives a penalty).

5908735974593037832_0.jpg

So this is it, clean pass, and penalty. If there were those inside cones more up from this view, there would be no issue.

Last edited:
I used Mazda Roadster for purpose of showing what I am talking about, and not a full lap, just to be safe with rules.

I know it is even odd place and not the fastest pass through, yet it works like that and it may happen in your fast lap. I don't mind to call this lap dirty as per penalty in game, yet it is a clean pass within the rules, therefore I asked. And some people may play with penalties turned off, sou couldn't even notice this. Any ideas?

Edit: did one aerial photo of the place and it seems, the game counts track only to the arc (clearly visible from this perspective), and if you're on tarmac of the connected part, game invalidates the lap (gives a penalty).

So this is it, clean pass, and penalty. If there were those inside cones more up from this view, there would be no issue.

Thanks for the heads up on this, seems the game is being a little harsh with where it believes the track boundary is but we'll have to respect what the games believes is good or bad 👍

First session with 30 laps, tuned suspension and LSD. I actually managed to string together a perfect lap in my opinion, just 0.04s off my optimal.

I'm surely going to try again but somehow I don't think I'm gonna be able to improve this...

I’m loving this combo! Great fun! 👍
After a bit of a play about with the suspension & LSD tuning to tighten the car up a bit I’m managing to knock time off every lap.

Time for some Xmas dinner leftovers so I’ll make my first submission

Last edited:
The other thought is I believe you can turn off penalties during your TT run.

Never liked Willow Springs, probably never will... The car is fun, though, even with the comfort tires. Given the permission to tune it a bit also is a great bonus, fiddling with the suspension I can get it to fit my lousy hands much better.

It’s a start, back to work tomorrow so will see what time I get.

Good fun to say it’s a slow car :cheers:

I’m a non tuner to so this is with stock setup, hopefully there will be tunes about for me to try later in the week.

I am not a tuner but I am playing with the car settings a bit...also, TC: 0 BB: +5

Back