GTP_WRS Week 50 : Foreign Invasion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 113 comments

Up .4 at the line. Can not seem to get a good S2 or S3 when my S1 is under 35.xxx

There are others more qualified but I think I can give you some tips to get into the 35's. Don't fret, if you look back at an earlier post of mine I was struggling to get into the 35's.

For me its all about the 1st and 4th turns. You have got to start your turn in a lot earlier than you think to really cut the curb of the apex of the 1st turn. For the 4th turn, setting it up properly with turn 3 helps but hitting the apex from the proper angle allows for stable (full) acceleration out of that turn. Hope it helps.

Updated splits - Lost some at T1 but had a new PB 2nd sector. Not my best final sector either, looking to pickup at least .3xx before this is over. Just have to run enough laps to nail it.

Here's how I got the 35.152 in sector 1. I think turn 1 could be taken a bit better in terms of verfyability, it took me 3-5min to look at it from all angles in photo mode walk-around and frame-forward to make the decision that it was clean.

Also for some reason, in the game after loading the replay up, the farthest I could rewind was right at the 100m brakepoint for turn 1...couldn't go all the way back to the S/F line. :odd:

Here's how I got the 35.152 in sector 1. I think turn 1 could be taken a bit better in terms of verfyability, it took me 3-5min to look at it from all angles in photo mode walk-around and frame-forward to make the decision that it was clean.

Also for some reason, in the game after loading the replay up, the farthest I could rewind was right at the 100m brakepoint for turn 1...couldn't go all the way back to the S/F line. :odd:

Thanks for the tips and the video. 👍

0.4 at the line :)

This helped a lot Lucas. I was shifting to 2nd at the curb, (turn1)as opposed to shifting before. I moved my shift point and my lap improved and so did stability. Also, just needed to be more aggressive when chopping the corners. Thank you.

@RuddRacer totally agree the entry into t1 and exit of t4 is where you make time. I just have to get aggressive and consistent. Thanks for the help

Saw a few .9 at T1 and been .1 faster through the final sector but T2 was the best I've had so far. Still staying in 4th through the S curves, it's a bit worse through the initial portion but the upshift from 3rd is so slow and disruptive I think you more than make up for it. At +5 BB.

Thanks @Iceman for the tip on 4th gear through the S curves. 👍

I've been chipping tenths off my previous time since using that technique in the WW race and having a fantastic battle with @Siggers the whole race.

I don't know why but I've been considering this out of bounds - the spot between the S curves, but according to the rules I think it's in bounds.

EDK
Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.

5980785884848489984_0.jpg

I've been treating it as out of bounds as it's beyond the limits of the track.

Same as on the exit of ascrai at monza, for clarity they should be all the same rule or it starts to get messy. Looking at a lot of the tracks we have I'm sure there would be lots of other places too.

Edit. The other thing with these run off a clear advantage could be gained upto and beyond the run off area.

My vote is any track that has a white line painted as a track limit, any thing beyond is off track.

Last edited:
I'm afraid this late into the week, I think we're going to have to stick with what's been published in the OP the whole time...It doesn't have the usual White lines denote track boundary except where backed by rumble strips., but even if it did, this case differs from Ascari because there actually *is* a rumble behind this white line.

Happy to get a ruling from stewards who aren't submitting this week @EDK @Argon as I've got a few laps within a tenth of each other both going over the white line and not going over.

These splits are slightly slower and again go over the white line, but a PB in the final sector got me over .15 at the line.

There are two places at Monza where the Rumble ends with tarmac beyond the white line track edge the other is opposite the pit entry in the final turn on exit. no advantage in using it, unless you may be out of shape due to slippy tyres.

Can I have back the replays I deleted after being an inch over the line on the rear near side wheel. :D

Last of my laps not going beyond the track limit line. I'll try a little run not having to worry about going over it, see if I can get a tenth or two at the line.
I have been lifting off the gas in the final part of the esses, just to make sure I would stay legal, as I was looking at it. Seems a little like I've wasted 2000mile for the week on the wrong line.

But never mind there always another TT.

Latest Posts

Back