GTP_WRS Week 51 : Run like the wind!

• Thread starter Argon
  • 168 comments
Found some "guide" to the circuit in form of a ideal line through. ^^ Not in scale, but pretty good readable I think. New splits probably in the evening.

Barcelona.jpg

I have a 0.036 improvement on last splits. But I have managed 0.800,s in final sector :eek: to improve by nearly a second on the lap. I’m now within 0.300 of my optimal. God knows how people are posting sector 2 times sub 43’s I just can’t see where I can gain it. Turn 4 maybe the key

Jamie 👍

What's the best way to handle the sausage curbs at the final chicane? Straddle them? Miss them completely? Hitting them straight-on with the inside tires seems to be a bad idea, unless you like almost flipping the car. :lol:

I’ve solved these by switching to Volkswagon’s Kombi bus. I now float over them like a butterfly.

Unfortunately there are two drawbacks to this. First, my lap times now really suck, and second, it’s against the rules. Oh well ‍♂️

Times from earlier...

Took about 15 laps to do that. I then raced the daily ace 3, group 3s around Catalunya. Started second, came third and made one teeny mistake that let two guys sneak past.

But overall super happy with improving consistency and smoothness.

1.4s at the line, yet the optimal is still .3s ahead. Ran .2 faster S1 and saw a sub 43 S2, so there is still room to improve.

PS: this is the maps style I wish to make for all of the circuits ^^

001 Catalunya.png

Still needs a lot of polishing and maybe some additional info aswell.

Slightly slower at t2 but.. .25 learned and earned in the final.
Think I’m done with track inspection. Now time to string it all together wich might work up to .3 quicker up to t2 and then hope to repeat this final. Anyways, another tenths and it’s .25 over my initial goal.

Turn 1 it’s the black thing before the 100m sign - 7-10m before is the point.
Next braking point is entering sector2 - use the white lines on the left and the bridge to find it. It’s about 20m before the bridge for me. Next lefthander the brake point is unsure because it’s very much about that endless righthander into t2. Use the tiremarks on the curbs to find it.
For the uphill chicane it’s 7-10m before the outside curb on the entry starts. No more brakes up to split2.
Now it gets important but I can’t say if there’s detailed instruction for the final sector allowed here. ;)

You can describe final sector tactics, that's why I asked about final chicane ideas earlier in the thread. 👍
So much about my memory :lol:
sector3:
there's a lamp at about 120m on the right side - use it as a guider again. Reduce speed a lot and aim for a late apex with early throttle into the left-hander. Brake to 2nd gear to get into and try to start throttling in 3rd before the apex. It's a super short shift but 2nd gear is completely useless once you hit the throttle. Hope to find good grip, cut the next left hard and try to close it a bit. Short tab on the brake and rotate the thing into the right-hander. Full throttle. Get all the way out, reduce the speed and more or less coast your thing into the chicane - try to get as much speed out of it and full throttle to the line.

Just had a look at leader board and my god it’s close. Pretty much everyone on it is within a second of the leader. I have a competitive S1 if I can just string together a way of doing sub 43 on S2 I could be up there. :eek:.

Jamie 👍
I don't know if this is what's happening for you, but S1 here is similar to Monza where if you brake too late for turn 4 you get a faster S1 time but lose time at the beginning of S2 with a compromised turn 4.

Back