GTP_WRS Week 52 : Focus on the Apex

• Thread starter EDK
  • 287 comments

-0,013 on the line :lol:

Wow, that's incredible what you can do with the DS3. I would understand if you got great first sector where some higher steering angles are required but to have fastest sector 2 (where less is more) is just unbelievable 👍.

The most important thing is to get a high exit speed out of turn 2, that's why my T1 is a little bit slower and sector 2 is fast.
Wasn't easy to get the right feeling for the car by using the stick, it's all about practice. ;)
My biggest problem is the fast left hander, a bit to much steering input and the car starts sliding.

It's difficult with the wheel, I can't imagine trying to do it with DS3. I hope it's ok to discuss this here but would you share your T1 speed? I absolutely nailed that uphill turn but still ended with 18.900 sector time. I suspect my exit out of the first sector was too slow.

Starting to love the time trails you guys are setting.
I've cracked up at one of my favorite tracks, Monaco.
Now i'm on a track I've never really drove with a car I've a (irrational) prejudice against and loving it. 👍

I'll have to watch my replay again but I suspect I entered the long turn much slower (182ish) but carried 178 through it :D
Thanks for sharing those numbers.

157 km/h - T1
186 km/h - going into the fast left hander
177 km/h - slowest point of the fast left hander
189 km/h - T2
Really tough to keep from dropping below 110 MPH (177 km/h) on the sweeping fast left hander. I find myself trying to manage the skid by gradually releasing lock toward the outside of the corner. I normally am min speed of more like 108 MPH, with 109 on my best runs.

Are you hugging the inside all the way through, or using a technique like the one I described?

Made a little improvement on my splits, But not by much.

Still adjusting on the right brake balance, so far which is 1/3.

I am sorry, very rude of me to ask and not give..

I am currently at 107-108 mph, my perfect run up gives me 109 mph

BB 3/7 although only two places to brake. 1st corner and the right/left at end of long sweeping straight.

I'm usually at 108 at S/F. A good lap I'm at 109. Running b/b of 3/7. Going to try 4/7 for a while.
Have seen a 17.695 t1 once.

Update.

Bit slower T1 but more than made up for it coming to the line. Still ain't comfortable with that last section though before the straight. That part has always been my undoing at this track.

EDK
Really tough to keep from dropping below 110 MPH (177 km/h) on the sweeping fast left hander. I find myself trying to manage the skid by gradually releasing lock toward the outside of the corner. I normally am min speed of more like 108 MPH, with 109 on my best runs.

Are you hugging the inside all the way through, or using a technique like the one I described?

I try to stay as close as possible on the inside all the way through.

Reactions: EDK
Just when I start to figure things out, my spiking brake pedal is getting worse. :banghead: Tried a quick fix earlier but I guess it wasn't enough. The pot itself should not be that dirty as I am using the one that came from my clutch pedal which I changed out when I moved, about 3 months now. My rig is setup with only a throttle and brake pedal. I built it that way minus the clutch pedal because I never used the clutch anyway. I have a nice wide regular size brake pedal which is quite nice as opposed to the small pedals the G27 came with. Ah well, enough of that. Guess I'll continue to fight through this problem until tomorrow. Sorry about the ramble, just needed to take a break for a minute. :P

I used some non corrosive electronics cleaning spray on mine when I had an issue a little while back, it seemed to fix the problem?

Thanks Adam. 👍 I used something similar on my original brake pedals pot before I changed them out. I just can't believe they could be that dirty to cause a problem already. Its only been 3 months. Hell, my original pedal lasted about 5 years of very heavy use before I started having a problem. Ah well. Thanks again Adam for responding and for the tip.

I had the pots moving slightly in my DFP pedals. Caused the same problem. I just added a bit of a spacer (duct tape :)) to stop them from moving.

Last edited:
Just when I thought I had reached the limit of my skill, I saw a 36.7xx in T2... but was so excited I totally botched T3 and haven't seen that magic again. :banghead:

Anyway... slight improvement...

A big improvement for me tonight. Some very different lines and gear selection in certain corners (having read the thread of what others are doing, Thanks guys). Hope to get a little more out of the lap as I missed a couple of apex's. That's it from me tonight as I have now consumed way to much red wine to be trying to keep those lines.

Back