GTP_WRS Week 52 : Focus on the Apex

• Thread starter EDK
  • 287 comments
Managed this last night before bed.

Very tricky to keep it from sliding in the long left hander. Think sticking to the curd at the start of it is quicker with the right steering angle. Going to have another crack at it today after I decide whether i'll race in Monaco tonight.

Back again, with a lap that my DFGT decided to change 2 gears instead of one after the first turn.

I'm not fast but I think I figured out the long left hander. I found staying close but not touching the curd, foot down reaching 115 mph then just before the end of the curd make the car slide that little bit making it drop down to 110 mph, with the right amount of steering you just accelerate out of the corner nice and clean. Unfortunately when I pull it of I mess up the last sector. I could be wrong about this.

A thanks to the others who shared there speed in the corners, was very helpful. Now of the practice for coming last in Monaco (EU).

I use the same approach for that uphill left. I scrub speed by turning in but maintain constant steering angle while keeping speed over 110 (or 111 on good runs).

Wow Mitch, that's impressive.

I use the same approach for that uphill left. I scrub speed by turning in but maintain constant steering angle while keeping speed over 110 (or 111 on good runs).

Wow Mitch, that's impressive.

It may be impressive, but for me its down right frustrating coming that close all the time :mad: with no improvement. :crazy: I just happen to notice that just now and then the frustration really set in. :banghead: I should have never noticed those numbers. :lol:

One word.. Oops!!

Cape Ring - Inside.jpg

Hey gang. First time back in the WRS in years. We have a Lemons race coming up in a few weeks and I figured some sim time is just what the dr ordered to prepare myself to drive a turd around all weekend.

I had to blow some dust off the GT6 case, PS3 and this stupid DS controller.

For now, I'll have to settle on:

In a few weeks when I get my cockpit back up and going, I'll be a bit more competitive. The long left hander is practically impossible with a d-pad. One time out of 50 tries did I keep it above 110 :banghead:

Another run tonight with

I believe I have now reached my skill limit and that will probably be all for the week. As I can't see any more seat time coming my way.

Hey gang. First time back in the WRS in years. We have a Lemons race coming up in a few weeks and I figured some sim time is just what the dr ordered to prepare myself to drive a turd around all weekend.

I had to blow some dust off the GT6 case, PS3 and this stupid DS controller.

For now, I'll have to settle on:

In a few weeks when I get my cockpit back up and going, I'll be a bit more competitive. The long left hander is practically impossible with a d-pad. One time out of 50 tries did I keep it above 110 :banghead:
Where's your Lemons race, and what do you drive? I've run a whole bunch of Chumpcar, mostly in a first gen MR2.

I like running long online races before I race in RL, it simulates the required concentration.

Don't worry about dropping below 100 in the long left, I am very hit and miss with the wheel as well. :dopey:

EDK
Where's your Lemons race, and what do you drive? I've run a whole bunch of Chumpcar, mostly in a first gen MR2.

I like running long online races before I race in RL, it simulates the required concentration.

Don't worry about dropping below 100 in the long left, I am very hit and miss with the wheel as well. :dopey:

I race ChumpCar as well, but on the right coast. We just started with it last year with a 7+7 at Watkins Glen in our 1994 Volvo 940 Turbo.

I race ChumpCar as well, but on the right coast. We just started with it last year with a 7+7 at Watkins Glen in our 1994 Volvo 940 Turbo.
I raced at Daytona on the right coast last year. :)

I don't know if i should love or hate this combo... nevertheless i managed a clean lap. At the beginning my T2-Times were about 38.XXX. Then i changed the driving line between corner No. 3 and 4 a little bit an my T2-Times were about 37.XXX. Still have problems with the last chicane.

BB 2/4

I don't know if i should love or hate this combo... nevertheless i managed a clean lap. At the beginning my T2-Times were about 38.XXX. Then i changed the driving line between corner No. 3 and 4 a little bit an my T2-Times were about 37.XXX. Still have problems with the last chicane.

I suggest you love it :)
Your first sector is great but you are leaving quite a bit in the second. In s2 I avoid the left curb but cut across the right one. If you minimize your steering angle you can reach over 180 before starting to turn in for the long sweeping left. As Ed said previously in this thread it is possible to avoid sliding and scrubbing speed. It's better to concentrate on minimal steering angle and maximum speed rather than trying to stay as close to the inside as possible. I carried as much as 178kmh through there, 175 is very doable even with a small slide.
The chicane is tough. The car tries to oversteer when you release brakes. I fight it by getting partially on throttle before I'm done braking and smooth pedal inputs.
There are only two braking zones but you can safely bump up the brake balance. I ran with 4/6 but you can go even higher.

I suggest you love it :)
Your first sector is great but you are leaving quite a bit in the second. In s2 I avoid the left curb but cut across the right one. If you minimize your steering angle you can reach over 180 before starting to turn in for the long sweeping left. As Ed said previously in this thread it is possible to avoid sliding and scrubbing speed. It's better to concentrate on minimal steering angle and maximum speed rather than trying to stay as close to the inside as possible. I carried as much as 178kmh through there, 175 is very doable even with a small slide.
The chicane is tough. The car tries to oversteer when you release brakes. I fight it by getting partially on throttle before I'm done braking and smooth pedal inputs.
There are only two braking zones but you can safely bump up the brake balance. I ran with 4/6 but you can go even higher.

Thank you for your very helpful hints! And yes: i think i love this combo! :) I now have just seen that i made a writing error... my T2-Time ist about 36.650 and not 37.650. I have already submitted my time (was accepted), but it is not yet registered in the Leaderboard. As you mentioned, i avoid the left curb in S2 too. That was my key for better T2-Times.

Back