GTP_WRS Week 54 : Spooning Ascari

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 237 comments
Mine's in the dining room. Normally with damp washing hanging off it at this time of year. Roll on Summer!

My setup (for those who like oversteer :P):
Suspension:
min/max
min/max
min/max
min/max
min/max
0/0
0/0

Transmission:
Final gear all the way to the right, then max speed all the way to the left.
final 3700

LSD:
5/15/5

DF
max/max

BB:
8/7

My pace is on par with the leaders (at least in sector 1), but can't get a clean lap.

Since I'm not running this week but do like to tune cars, I thought I'd give back to the WRS community that has helped me so much in the past and post a tune for the car being used this week. Hopefully this tune proves helpful for some but may not be for everybody as it is tailored to my driving style and is a bit on the loose side, but not uncontrollable. I spent a good 4 hours on the tune tweaking it so you can be assured it is a quality tune and not just something thrown together. Good luck everyone and hope you all reach your goals this week.

WRS%20Ascari%20TT%20Tune_zpszpqzav7o.jpg

This looks like a very fun combo, and it seems like you are all having a blast with it. I'm itching to give it a try, but so far work and other stuff has been in the way. Hopefully I can get in the seat by tomorrow and Thursday and have enough time to give this one a fair shot.

Wow, that's fast. I just managed to toss my first 1'22.9 so there is hope ;)

It's really impressive how fast you guys are... my best T2 time until now is about 1'23.850 and thats possibly the end of the line for me. It's pretty hard to get a fast and CLEAN lap at Ascari; thanks @Gravitron for clearing some doubts about legal crossing the white curbs :)

I hope to find some extra driving time at the weekend to improve my lap times.

I've ran a few laps with this combo and man its a fun one! I'll start posting my splits later tonight! Lots of fun! Great Job Guys! 👍

Du bist zu schnell - indeed. :crazy:

1'23.300

4th stint at it and the 1st running the lower DF tune from @Meister Fetz- thank you very much kind sir, for sharing. :cheers:
The car seems perfectly balanced.
Two Big mess ups in sector 2 so I should be able to get into the 22s, hopefully.

I tried Mitch's tune yesterday. It felt much better at most parts of the track but my lap times were slower. The "Stiggy's special" seems a bit more predictable. I tried the chassis rigidity improvement and steering input seemed more precise but there was too much understeer (I might give it another shot with more ride height rake or some rear toe out).

I just found out that my fastest lap was not clean by a couple inches where I went on to the concrete near the end of sector 1 (didn't find out that wasn't clean until now)
I am debating giving up on this combo. From the inhuman precision required for the chicanes to the fact that you need to back up every lap to get good speed across the SF line, it's like everything in it was designed to be as infuriating as possible.

I just found out that my fastest lap was not clean by a couple inches where I went on to the concrete near the end of sector 1

I take it that you were on the concrete with some of the right hand set of wheels?

I just had to scrap a quicker lap, as I was on the grass at the 2nd chicane by a matter of mm's. :mad:

Last edited:
I take it that you were on the concrete with some of the right hand set of wheels?

I just had to scrap a quicker lap, as I was on the 2nd chicane by a matter of mm's. :mad:
Yep. I also got like a tenth of the left wheel in the grass on the 1st chicane.

Back