GTP_WRS Week 54 : Spooning Ascari

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 237 comments
1:22.778

Sloppy sector 2 but clean.

My pedals just broke (throttle halfway on when not pressed) so I dunno if I'll be able to give this another go or not.
Actually they're fine. Just needed to restart.

Last edited:
Sloppy sector 2 but clean.

My pedals just broke (throttle halfway on when not pressed) so I dunno if I'll be able to give this another go or not.
Actually they're fine. Just needed to restart.

Nice sector 1 👍

Does anyone care to share what the preferred gear(s) are for entering and getting through the S in T1?

Broke into the 36's yea 👍

1'23.691

I didn't get a clean lap, made some little changes to my setup which I'm keeping to myself sorry.

Broke into the 36's yea 👍

1'23.691

I didn't get a clean lap, made some little changes to my setup which I'm keeping to myself sorry.

While you are certainly not required to share your settings, let me remind you of something here. First and foremost, this is a community of sharing, learning, and helping others. The competition part is a distant second. We are all here to learn and improve our skill sets and anything that can be provided to help others along in that aspect can only help and make this a stronger community. Keeping things to yourself only shows selfishness and an unwillingness to help others, something you might want to remember the next time you cry out for help. I'm not even running this week, but I had no problem taking the time out of my day to create a tune for everyone to try. I would have done the same had I chosen to run this week. I have no problem getting beat by someone using my own tune, it just shows I need to try harder in improving my own skill set. This is not meant as a personal attack, just something for you to think about the next time you think about keeping something to yourself. If we all did that, what good would this great community be?

Finally got time for a proper run at this great combo. After 10 laps using, let's face it, a pretty terrible tune that I cobbled together and having equally terrible splits to show for it, I put the tune @GTP_CargoRatt shared and immediately came up with some splits worth posting! T1 was a bit sloppy, but I'm reasonably happy with my T2 so far 👍

1:23.551

Cheers,

Chris

Last edited:
Finally got time for a proper run at this great combo. After 10 laps using, let's face it, a pretty terrible tune that I cobbled together and having equally terrible splits to show for it, I put the tune @GTP_CargoRatt shared and immediately came up with some splits worth posting! T1 was a bit sloppy sloppy, but I'm reasonably happy with my T2 so far 👍

1:23.551

Cheers,

Chris

Great job Crispy :bowdown: and glad the tune worked for you. 👍

I can't understand why so few guys are doing this combo :confused:

Btw, today i threw away four 1'21.8xx and one 1'21.9xx T2 :crazy:

I stated this before, but in case you missed it, I'll say it again. The reason I'm not participating this week is because I simply don't like this track. When I don't like something, I tend not to enjoy it or have any fun, so it's then time to find something else to do, which I have. :)

I'm also a bit puzzled by the low turnout. The car is slow enough for guys that don't have alien reaction times and fast enough for people that love race cars. Very good tunes were posted early on for people who don't like tuning.
Fantastic combo, thanks Bart for coming up with it and Lucas for sane tire choice.

Just got a 1:22.5 but I went into the grass by like a centimeter in turn 1 so it wasn't legal :(

Figured I'd post my tune:
110/90
9.86/10.70
1/1
1/1
7/7
0.3/0.0
0/0

6/7 BB

wge's gears

200/330 (was using 345 for posted splits)

Man I Love This Combo! First time out for about a 30 minute run. Gonna have to get another run at this soon!

1:23.850

Lots of time to make up in sector 2. Sector 1 is pretty much nailed down for me.

Can't wait to get a go at this tomorrow

I'm also a bit puzzled by the low turnout. The car is slow enough for guys that don't have alien reaction times and fast enough for people that love race cars. Very good tunes were posted early on for people who don't like tuning.
Fantastic combo, thanks Bart for coming up with it and Lucas for sane tire choice.

I like the car, just don't like the track....nothing to do with the staff's choice of combo. :) Just wanted to put that out there as I am not dissing the staff's hard work that they put into these events by not running this week.

BANZAI!!! ... Oh, is it not Monday yet? :dunce: :)

Thanks for the V2 tune Stefan (@Meister Fetz), I think it likes me. 👍

I've got a few more tenths in T1 to hook up, but T2 and T3 were bests by far. ~4hrs into it so far.

1'22.850

mr_lab_rat
If Bart, Pekka, and Jon hadn't tested with me over the weekend you'd be running on RH tires. They are to blame praise for dropping it to SS. :gtpflag:

Pekka wanted SH tires but you know how he is... :D

Last edited:
This is my third week of Rookie status. After just submitting my reply, I'm interested to see how the powers that be have viewed my performance and where they'll nestle into the pack for future events. If anyone has any insight on how it's formulated, I'd be interested in at least having somewhat of a rough idea of where I'll be placed.

Back