GTP_WRS Week 54 : Spooning Ascari

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 237 comments
Out of time and submitted with current splits.

Great combo, love it when the faster you get the more aware you become of how much time you're leaving on the track (or maybe its the other way around)

My best *clean* time sadly isn't even on my leaderboard any longer. :banghead:

Last edited:
Just checking to make sure I'm understanding the rules correctly...

This is legal, right?

View attachment 301736

@Gravitron I hate needing to ask this but does his picture not represent what is being described below?

The tarmac/concrete runoff areas beyond the white line are illegal,

Like on the left near the T1 marker, you need to keep at least two tires on the white line. The concrete rumbles around the turns are legal.

I thought that two tires could not cross the white line since the area was illegal.

So the area is not illegal, its just not part of the track? It's like any other area that is governed by having two wheels on the track at all times?

I was reading more into it I guess.

Sorry for the confusion.

It is to despair. I have run 20 laps and almost no one was clean :boggled:. I almost can't get the 2nd chicane clean, especially when i'm driving fast through. So i make a a little swerve while turning through the 2nd chicane to get it clean even if it probably cost me some tenths :grumpy:. I don't know if i still try one more time because i spend so much time in "Replay-Modus" to verify if the laps are clean :).

This are my best (clean) splits:
1'23.815

Is this clean ? no dust in the air or anything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 7
@Iceman220
As a reference Lucas said that the pic Mike posted on pg 6 was dirty. I have been discarding mine like that. But I have been wrong several times so don't take my opinion as fact.

Just chekking replay before submitting :banghead: 2 inch of backtyre just braced the grass. :banghead:

So at it again

Wow! Wont be able to submit my time because I forgot to set the grip reduction to Real...stupid mistake by me. Wish they would just have it stock at Real. Well On to next week. Lesson Learned.. :banghead::banghead: :mad::mad:

A big 👍 to Ed_Night his tune is amazingly fast :drool:. I've decided to use your full transmission setup as it is after messing around with it for a bit, how did you get the idea for it?

For now I'm trying to tune the suspension myself although it seem's like I'm moving towards Ed's setup.

My changes have been:
F RH 100
F SR min
F C 3
F E 4
BB 5/4

R DF 375

New time;

1'22.985

As you can probably tell I didn't get a good 2nd sector managed a .88? with a bad 3rd. More than likely this will be it for me, it's been a mad week of reading, testing, experimenting :banghead:. Missed last weeks EU race and spent more time studying the tuning guides than my own studies.

:gtpflag: Can you get a GTP_WRS bumper sticker, drive a RTV at work and think one would pimp it up a bit:D

Just waiting on the leader board to update and had an idea:idea: how who ever gets first upload there tune to the tunes forum (giving credit where it's due) and everyone who used it in any way give it a rank/like. It's amazing, for me at least, how fast the car has become from it's standard setup.

Not much time spent on track this week, this my 6th or 7th lap I reckon. Love the car, never been a real fan of track, yet it seems to be growing on me lap by lap.
Very close to grass in last but one chicane.
When checking replay, can you "inch" forwards and backwards when paused or do have to go back to previous split and try to stop replay at precise moment you want to check?

T1. 38.638
T2: 1:27.905

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
So many good laps ruined by that first chicane, over .5 left out there, oh well.

Submitted and accepted. The lap I submitted had slightly faster splits than whats on the board. I believe it was in the low 2's, but I won't get a chance to post them. Sorry about that.

Good luck everyone, this one was extremely frustrating, but also very addictive.

Last edited:
I'm also done. Left about 3 tenths in s1 and s2 combined but the final sector is ok. I really hate these chicanes but I still think this was the best option for setting track boundaries.

So many good laps ruined by that first chicane, over .5 left out there, oh well.

Good luck everyone, this one was extremely frustrating, but also very addictive.

Amen!

I had the same experience... so many laps ruined, but I finally ran a clean lap with a T2 I'm pretty happy with... never really got a decent T1 because I had to take the first chicane too conservatively to keep it clean.

These are the splits I'm going with

1'23.316

Back