GTP_WRS Week 54 : Spooning Ascari

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 237 comments
h0rql.jpg

I have no splits to post, but this guy is on my tv as I read this post. There is only one explanation,

ALIENS!!

Sorry, dirty.

There's only 3 ways to police these chicanes:

- white lines are the boundaries - RX-7 in week 10
- no grass - this week
- banzai, as long as the game doesn't red-lap you

I assure you that this week's is the least frustrating. :)

But, but, ... there is no grass there :D

Just kidding. Watch out when you review that spot. When I take a picture the time jumps back a little bit so I had to stop the replay few miliseconds after this moment to get the picture.

Last edited:
Sorry, dirty.

- no grass - this week

Hi @Gravitron , Could you explain the highlighted part a bit fuller please?

But, but, ... there is no grass there :D

Just kidding. Watch out when you review that spot. When I take a picture the time jumps back a little bit so I had to stop the replay few miliseconds after this moment to get the picture.
If thats not clean i dont think that anyone on the leaderboard have a clean lap.

New splits submitted & accepted

1'23.500

Thanks to @Ed_Night for sharing his setup and Mike @mr_lab_rat for helping me tweak it slightly to suit my driving style and or lack of ability. 👍

That indention in the 1st chicane is responsible for causing me a "surprise" dirty lap on 4 occasions. The hard part is there is not a visual marker identifying the boundary that can be seen when driving. You have to estimate how far inside of the concrete edge you need to be when it transitions back to the track.:boggled:

Speaking of reviewing replays, is there any way to manually advance the replay while paused? I use the time counter to help me but sometimes I feel like I am trying to catch a fly with chopsticks. :dunce:

Had a good session with this this morning, and a nice little improvement all round and finally broke into the 1:22's, but only just! Looking at the replay, I don't think I could have been any closer to the edge of the tarmac through the chicanes, literally millimetres to spare!

1:22.943

1'24.750

Didn't have much time,maybe only 1 h of trying and that's my result.
Fun car on nice track.

In the first chicane there is a small bit of dirt that cuts back in. What's the ruling there?

View attachment 301358

Sorry, dirty.

- no grass - this week

:rolleyes:

I assure you that this week's is the most confusing. :lol:

IMO the white line boundarie would have been the best choice, frustrating are all 3 ways. ;)

Finally got a chance to get in the seat!

Loving this combo! Hating the 1st chicane.:banghead: The difficulty in getting a clean lap and having to keep checking replays is driving me insane, but I think I may be figuring it out, so hopefully there will be less of this going forward.

I've run about 30 laps, and I finally got my FIRST clean one so I figured I'd post it. :)

1'24.134

Are you talking about where the end of the curb meets back up with the track (under your front tire), or that bit of grass/dirt creeping over the edge of the curb (between your front and rear tires)?
Good spot, but I took it to mean he's talking about his front tire. If you hit the grass-creep I would think your lap is over. :ill:

I meant the spot where the front tire is. I'm currently without a legal lap replay but don't bother removing my splits, I can do 1.22.8 again.

I don't think I'll be giving this combo another go. Don't want to put in a ton of work and have my lap be invalid by an inch or two because I didn't investigate thoroughly enough.

Back