GTP_WRS Week 54 : Winged (Samurai) Warriors

• Thread starter EDK
  • 134 comments
For some reason which escapes me, the first turn was always slow in this session.

1'08.636

If I can repeat the lap or close to it , with a faster turn1, I'll be happy to submit.

First go, about a dozen laps. That 3rd gear for braking and 4th for accel is quite a thing to train my brain to do every corner. I use the same technique in the busstop; 6th thru and 5th exiting (assuming I'm not on the grass).

1:09.302

I've had a 54.x and a 1:08.7 going ...

Ran for 2 hours this morning before finally coming up with these. Lots of disasters at the bus stop, and only an OK run through on this lap.

I'm really pissed off at the guy who picked this combo. :lol:

1:08.557

Anyhow, still will come back to it tomorrow, but that's all I can handle today.

EDIT : Did Luxy as well, but not too keen on the complicated update.

Last edited:
In a 1 hour session my best times were...

1:08.824

Really slow times for me. I've had a few 29.2xx for T1, my best being 29.213 but can't string all of the sectors together to get a decent lap in. :scared: Looks like I'll have to leave it until tomorrow.

EDK
Ran for 2 hours this morning before finally coming up with these. Lots of disasters at the bus stop, and only an OK run through on this lap.

1:08.557

Anyhow, still will come back to it tomorrow, but that's all I can handle today.

EDIT : Did Luxy as well, but not too keen on the complicated update.
Same here about that guy :)

About the Luxy updating including the sectors, there's 2 solutions:
- do the splits and forget about the sectors, leaving them at zero, or
- do the simplest of xl sheets to compute the sectors, type in the splits as an in between step, then enter the 5 sets of numbers into the board.

Oh no, there's a 3rd option:
- leave the updating to me dear Kevin :lol:

On the other hand, it does make me wonder whether or not to continue this experiment. Your votes please, gentlemen?

About the Luxy updating including the sectors, there's 2 solutions:
- do the splits and forget about the sectors, leaving them at zero, or
- do the simplest of xl sheets to compute the sectors, type in the splits as an in between step, then enter the 5 sets of numbers into the board.

Oh no, there's a 3rd option:
- leave the updating to me dear Kevin :lol:

On the other hand, it does make me wonder whether or not to continue this experiment. Your votes please, gentlemen?

Well, I AM using the excel sheet method, I'm not a complete loon.

The part that bothers me is having to input all 3 numbers in the sheet, and then turn around and put 5 sets of numbers in the board update.

Most weeks, we have 2 sets of splits, and once a driver is on the board, their splits are relatively easy to change. This week, I'm updating 8, and changing numbers in excel will not be the same as changing them in Luxy. It's an interesting view of things, but math I can do in my head, or put the few drivers I'm interested in comparing to on a sheet (I've done that in the past).

So, my vote is to keep it simple and straightforward, making it easier to update and view.

Late start at this one for me this week, and after spending most of the time completely losing all control of the car, I managed these first splits,

T1 29.585
T2 54.969
T3 1'09.327

Another go tomorrow should see an improvement, but I'm finding this combo a bit of a handful...

...I like a challenge 👍

I like it. Remember that this is the only track with three splits posted. In the end of course it is up to the ones who actually have to do the extra work to decide.

I do like the break down of the lap, it gives us a look into where we might be able to improve. But if it becomes a chore to update then the system will ultimately fail.

1'08.294

Really slow first sector but it turned out to be my fastest lap yet. I might have a chance to have another crack at this a bit later on.

I didn't have one of these in my garage before this so I'm getting used to the car as well at the same time as trying to keep it on the track. Heres what I've managed so far

T1 29.705
T2 55.332
T3 1.09.490

Last edited:
EDK

After tonights effort I'll 3rd that call.:lol:Too many laps to say.:lol:
I must have pretty reasonable final split, as I could not catch myself, even with .4xx at both T2 and T3:ouch: So a quick go tomorrow night before submitting.

I do like the break down of the lap, it gives us a look into where we might be able to improve. But if it becomes a chore to update then the system will ultimately fail.

I like it. Remember that this is the only track with three splits posted. In the end of course it is up to the ones who actually have to do the extra work to decide.

Thanks for the remarks 👍 We are working on a new leaderboard where it is exactly ZERO more work to maintain the sector times in the list :cool: But still it will only be added if the majority of the WRS community thinks it is a good addition to Luxy.

I haven't quite digested all the stats and such already available during a WRS event, but more stats are good in general and moreso if there's no extra work involved.

:)

edit: still last post:
Submitted as I want a whack at the new one today, and SFS calls my name as well. I don't think I can get back to this Monday morning so:

1:08.819

Knocked about a full second off previous lap total despite worse T1 and another missing tenth from busstop exit to finish. Got the funny shifting as right as I can see to do. Quite the car.
edit again: ghost replay saved

Last edited:
Right, I've had another go, and though I'm not having fun, I have gone faster.

Which I think is the point. 👍

Here are some numbers for your magic board thing:

T1: '29.502
T2: '54.930
T3: 1'08.955

I shall be making a PM now......

Good luck everyone

:irked:👍

Submitted with splits on the board. Not sure how my lap was and if it will even hold up but want to try submit every week 👍 Luckily I remembered my final time otherwise would have been stuck. Good luck to all :cheers:

Submitted with splits on the board. Not sure how my lap was and if it will even hold up but want to try submit every week 👍 Luckily I remembered my final time otherwise would have been stuck. Good luck to all :cheers:

You have the replay, right?

Sorry for my rant earlier...decided to delete it as it was just a bunch of useless banter :lol:

Final splits:

1'07.760 (should of had a .6xx but had a garbage exit out of the corner that leads onto the back straight)

Anyway, I think I'll settle with this...not the greatest lap ever but at least it's respectable considering how brutal this combo really is :ill:

Last edited:
hmmm, i did my lap and saved my replay without noting the split times, and watching the replay doesn't show them...so I can't really offer split times for my lap. Is that gonna be a problemo?

hmmm, i did my lap and saved my replay without noting the split times, and watching the replay doesn't show them...so I can't really offer split times for my lap. Is that gonna be a problemo?

That's no problem but to view your splits, when watching your replay press the square button and it will bring up the HUD 👍

Last edited:
That's no problem but to view your splits, when watching your replay press the square button and it will bring up the HUD 👍

Did that, and HUD comes up, but no split times showed...just the timer continuously counting.

I guess I could give a rough estimate based on where I think the lines are based on Synwraith's first post...

Did that, and HUD comes up, but no split times showed...just the timer continuously counting.

Sounds as though you are viewing your replay from the race menu.

Back out to the main menu (my page) and view it from the replay menu.

If you do this and use the other suggestions you should be OK.
If not, well then.......:confused: :nervous:

Back