GTP_WRS Week 54 : Winged (Samurai) Warriors

• Thread starter EDK
  • 134 comments
I think i´m done with this combo now. :)

I had my lucky lap, everything else will frustrate me to much. :ill:

I'm done aswell

1'07.700

But a very very very fast exit to the bus stop, the only time I ever hit 302km/h crossing the finish line, time submitted, cheers.

For combos like this it'd be great to have a third sector (T4 - T3) time as well, but unfortunately T4's cannot be posted ...

To Kevin - will we be having a photo contest again this week, and every week? Can't wait to try and use my creative powers again :)

The new board format is interesting. However, it makes me less interested in updating. :lol:

Photo comp will be run on selected weeks. Otherwise, it just becomes another part of the routine. ;)

First go at this wild little animal.

1'.09.145

I've been .4 faster at T1, but that means nothing.
Well named :lol: AMUSE...hardly.

1'08.720

Lost quite a bit coming out on the "straight"

Can I put R1's on mine please.....

:irked:👍

I wanted to do that, in online free run. But PD couldn't cooperate and include DR in the event updates, so I had to improvise. It's tricky on S2's, but the straightline speed is incredible. :D

Here are the splits from my first real session. (Testing doesn't count ;) )

1:08.812

Some nice, competitive splits all around, so far. 👍

Split update,

1'08.783

This combo looks as if it will be as close as the last for each division.
Exception: DGiant2000, Looking like a Gold medal for you, even at this early stage.:tup:Good times.

1'08.708

Last edited:
Split update,

1'08.783

Holy Moly! Had you stuck with those splits we would have matched identically at T1 and within .003 at T2 - that is scary!!!! Given my T3 though it looks like I am getting a very poor run out of the infield and through the T2 marker - I'm losing almost a whole tenth in that straight section.

One quick thing about T4, in chasing my own ghost sometimes I can be ahead at T4 but then lose at the line by at least 1 to 2 tenths. Your exit from the bus stop really is quite crucial to your final lap time - I understand the need NOT to discuss T4 here but for all intents and purposes there really is NO guarantee of your final lap time from that split. I suppose you could assume that everyone nails the bus stop and calculate a best case scenario but how many of us (aliens excluded of course) actually "nail" the bus stop when we feel we are near the end of a very good lap? :lol:

Had a quick go today yielding the following splits

T1 - 0'29.786
T2 - 0'55.186
T3 - 1'09.432

Lost a bit of time betweem T2 and T3 against my last effort but had a much better run through that pesky bus stop. Thanks to Dan for his info on gear selection, helped me bring the time down 👍

Missed out on the 512 challenge so had a quick go at this one today. Plenty time to find being that I hardly bothered an apex in the infield section.

T1 - 29.730
T2 - 55.571
T3 - 1.09.629

Holy Moly! Had you stuck with those splits we would have matched identically at T1 and within .003 at T2 - that is scary!!!!

It seems we placed in the same Div bracket for the right reasons then.:D

Given my T3 though it looks like I am getting a very poor run out of the infield and through the T2 marker - I'm losing almost a whole tenth in that straight section.

Yes the traction and ultimately the drive out of the infield, is all important to a good T2and T3. Finding the limit there is incredibly difficult, wheelspinnig for a fraction of a second will kill the T3 by 2 tenths as will not pushing. Which is what happened in the 2nd set of splits.

One quick thing about T4, in chasing my own ghost sometimes I can be ahead at T4 but then lose at the line by at least 1 to 2 tenths. Your exit from the bus stop really is quite crucial to your final lap time - I understand the need NOT to discuss T4 here but for all intents and purposes there really is NO guarantee of your final lap time from that split. I suppose you could assume that everyone nails the bus stop and calculate a best case scenario but how many of us (aliens excluded of course) actually "nail" the bus stop when we feel we are near the end of a very good lap? :lol:

Agreed on your bus stop thoughts. Especially with a car that is wheelspin happy at 180km+:lol:

First splits for me:

T1: 29.049
T2: 53.978
T3: 1'07.837

Probably won't have another go until the weekend sometime 👍

Last edited:
Board updated.

To Timeattack - great first sector but disastrous second sector :) you probably got scared not to make any mistakes?

To Milliethemut/DJC300Wagon - did you partake in the qualifier race? Please state your Division and controller information, preferably in your signature 👍

First splits for me:

T1: 29.049
T2: 52.978
T3: 1'07.837

Probably won't have another go until the weekend sometime 👍

I'm guessing this is a typo, as I can't see you being that much slower going from T2-T3.

I understand the suggestion and I would try to do it if I could, but unfortunately Luxy is a frozen app that will not be improved in any way.

For GT5 I am planning a self-input leaderboard for timetrials. This requires a free web based db app and a developer to do some coding. I am in contact with Wayne and Baldur about it but so far they are - understandably - hesitant to make any commitments. If anybody else in WRS knows his way in tables and reports please contact me 👍

I'd be even better if you made a script that would automatically harvest the laptimes from the board. This would make your life so much easier:

1. You don't have to enter the data yourself
2. The board is automatically updated lets say, each hour
3. You don't have to worry about users editing each others times - so no need for users logging in, creating acounts etc.

It would only require a little bit of PHP code that would parse the posts and extract the laptimes, it's not so difficult. Contact me if you need help.

PS: Nice modification to the splits. Great to see the duration between the splits. However, I did find it a bit confusion in the beginning though, because on the board we've got T1, 2 and 3, but now there's 5T's in LUXY. Maybe it's clearer when T2 would be named T1-2. Then you've got: T1, T1-2, T2, T2-3, T3, or something like T1, gap, T2, gap, T3. But nevertheless it's a nice addition!

Last edited:
I don't think it's wise to start the work for GT5 WRS leaderboard system just yet as we don't know what options we have in our usage after all. Might be just lots of unecessary work.

But one thing is worth thinking, we should be using the PSN logging in system, just like zabeu made the system in his GTdb 👍 (by the way, that's GREAT work from Tim, it should be used more 👍)

Check the system here:

click

The idea of everybody updating their own time of course is wise and that's the direction it should be taken. No need for anyone to spend enormous amounts of time for it. And would stay updated all the time. 👍

sorry "ot".

Last edited:
[ Sorry for the OT, maybe this should get an own thread ]

Nice @ gtdb.net, I was thinking about building such a site myself. In fact I already have to code to extract PSN name, car, track, final time, tires etc. from a replay file. Maybe there's no need for that anymore :D

But regarding the leaderboard, it would be quiet some work to upload a replay every time instead of just posting the splits on the board. I think of it as 2 separate things.

You should make the thread :D

Of course the normal split posting thing should be by just typing your splits;

- The logging in --> PSN system - no need to create accounts etc, totally secure too.
- Splits --> type in just like previously
- Replay --> upload (like in GTdb) --> get's your info straight from the replay file. (no splits though, but not needed either)

Something like this, just a general proposal. :) :cheers:

edit,

I can personally ask Tim how big of a task it would be to mould from the GTdb something inside those guidelines in the future. I know he's atm VERY busy man, but maybe he'll at some point has little time to help us even if the eventual coding is made by someone else. He has the basic work done already with the GTdb, he could be very helpful to someone doing the actual work for the WRS leaderboard 2.0. Then there's the site hosting issue too that needs to be solved.

edit2,

maybe a mod can transfer these ot posts to the leaderboard discussion thread. Thanks 👍

Last edited:
Bert/DustDriver and Duke were kind enough to copy the off-topic posts about the leaderboard into an appropriate thread so that all ideas and comments are in one place where those posts are on-topic.

Please go here if you have comments, observations or ideas on the current and prospect Luxy.

Thanks for the help mods 👍

Had another go this afternoon, feel like I'm getting there now with this combo, although there's still a few tenths to be found (as always!)

T1 - 0'29.658
T2 - 0'55.147
T3 - 1'09.217

I spent over 2 hours on this one, but in the end, after going over every piece of grass next to the circuit, I managed to do a lap I was happy with, finally, after 68 laps. :nervous:

Then, after looking at the leaderboard, I noticed I was still the slowest man in div 1, 0.444 sec behind Dan :banghead: :yuck:.

To Timeattack - great first sector but disastrous second sector :) you probably got scared not to make any mistakes?

I'm guessing this is a typo, as I can't see you being that much slower going from T2-T3.

Thanks for noticing my typo you two :lol: Sorry for that :dunce: Had a few too many beers last night :crazy: :lol:

Anyways, I went back and corrected my T2 split 👍

Sorry for the inconvenience Steven!

Last edited:
Back