GTP_WRS Week 56 : Sliding Purple People Eater

• Thread starter EDK
  • 121 comments

Over 4 tenths at the line, but still not a great final sector. 50:50 BB -4, I like the car rotation on brake release at this setting, thanks @EDK.

I also finally started paying attention to the illegal rumbles behind the rumbles, primarily at turn 1 apex :dunce:

Had a horrible second sector and the final sector wasn't the greatest either. Lost all my speed in the first turn in sector 2, it's a tough corner to get right, as is the final turn when trying to find the right braking point. I had to let off the throttle slightly coming out the last corner.

I may get another chance tomorrow after work hopefully.

Merry Christmas guys :cheers:

About to have a go at this before it ends, does mileage effect the car like previous games? Only ask because my boy likes to race around the rally tracks and he has clocked up over 1500 miles:lol:
There's a thread on here somewhere where someone said they noticed HP loss after like 14,000 miles, but I've not verified it myself.

Only got a small improvement out of a relatively long session. Still not a great last sector though, let's see where that gets me. Submitted with these splits, good luck and Merry Christmas everyone! :cheers:

First week back after being sick. Cannot for the life of me wrap my head around this combo.

Made the hard choice of sacrificing the first sector to try and better the last one. Can only hope it works.

Submitting now as I'm not sure I can find more time.

Absolutely bottled it in the last 2 sectors losing 2-3 tenths, it's amazing how much time is left if you can put it all together.

Faster in sectors 1, 3 and 4 but lost over a tenth and a half in sector 2, so it's a very small gain.

So hard to nail all 4 sectors, there's probably another .2 on track for me.

Just ran a few thousandths slower than my pb, I was nearly 2 tenths slower at the t3 split as well so time isn't as good as I thought it was

Last edited:
Congratulations to @Special_K and the other division winners, it was a nice battle! :cheers:

My replay is shared as well.
Thanks, it was a good battle :cheers:

I could see at least 2 more tenths but it wasn't to be this time.

Just watched your lap, nice lap. I noticed you could of been quicker through t3 if you would of short shifted onto the straight before the start of the final sector. That way you would of been able to take the small right hander flat out instead of easing off :cheers:

Last edited:
Just watched your lap, nice lap.
Thanks, likewise! 👍

Special_K_2181
greenflag-gif.152575

I noticed you could of been quicker through t3 if you would of short shifted onto the straight before the start of the final sector. That way you would of been able to take the small right hander flat out instead of easing off :cheers:
Oh, didn't occur to me to try that, thanks! Not sure it would have made enough of a difference to catch you this time anyway, but I'll keep it in mind for another time.

Reactions: EDK
Back