• Model: Evolution IX GSR '05

IMG_1079.jpg

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 276 BHP
  • Weight: 1410 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S3 / S3
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

Race Specifics:

• Do not hit any walls
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited
    [*]No AI touches (During Hotlap)

[*]Use your GTP_Tag
Added Specifics:

• You are not required to run a full 10 minute session. You just need to save a replay that includes your submitted hotlap (Fastest lap in your session).
  • The AI Must also run in professional physics (Do not enter race in Standard Physics and then change to professional)
  • Drafting of Faster cars is allowed. Bump drafting, and other severe contract with AI, is not allowed during your session. Slight contact with AI on a lap other than your hotlap is allowed.
  • Small mistakes such as wall touches, 3 wheels off, etc., that do not offer a clear advantage to your hotlap are allowed. This applies to laps other than your hotlap. Your hotlap is expected to be 100% clean, free from contact, following all race specifics, and OLR Rules and Guidelines.

IMG_1072.jpg

Steward Comments:
This week's theme stems from a couple of areas. First, I remember when Prologue was first released, the 2 events at Eiger were some of the most difficult for everyone to get that Elusive 100% gold status. Secondly, in past GT Games, chasing down the best Gold Times on license tests was along the lines of getting that best time trial ranking on the online leaderboard in prologue. An example of the competition that took place in the past can be found in this thread -

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62190

So, chase down that Gold time, and have fun doing it. Please, just avoid contact with the AI (Laps in clean air are not rare), and make sure you don't blurt out your exact laptime in the thread. If this works, it opens up some more possibilities for future WRS events. 👍

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay

IMG_1063.jpg

Thread rules:
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Exact lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer exact laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

Your laptime range is to be posted, as follows -

1. 01:12.099 or lower
  2. 01:12.100 to 01:12.349
  3. 01:12.350 to 01:12.599
  4. 01:12.600 to 01:12.849
  5. 01:12.850 to 01:13.099
  6. 01:13.100 to 01:13.349
  7. 01:13.350 to 01:13.599
  8. 01:13.600 to 01:13.849
  9. 01:13.850 to 01:14.099
  10. 01:14.100 to 01:14.349
  11. 01:14.350 to 01:14.599
  12. 01:14.600 to 01:14.849
  13. 01:14.850 to 01:15.099
  14. 01:15.100 to 01:15.349
  15. 01:15.350 to 01:15.599
  16. 01:15.600 to 01:15.849
  17. 01:15.850 to 01:16.099
  18. 01:16.100 to 01:16.349
  19. 01:16.350 to 01:16.599
  20. 01:16.600 to 01:16.849
  21. 01:16.850 to 01:17.099
  22. 01:17.100 to 01:17.349
  23. 01:17.350 to 01:17.599
  24. 01:17.600 to 01:17.849
  25. 01:17.850 to 01:18.099
  26. 01:18.100 or higher
Example :

Post Laptime in Thread
Hi, just had my first run for the week. Still have not made gold, but my best lap falls in range 14, 1:15.100 to 1:15.349, so I'm close. ;)

Viewing your Lap Time:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Replay' (ghost replay)
  • To view your replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.
pa260023zi0.jpg

Save Replay Icon

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 57 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
  • Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday December 7th 11:59 pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

IMG_1076.jpg

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck
:gtpflag:
OLR Admin Team

Last edited:
Cool concept! 👍 👍

Reminds me of the "GT4 WRS results" , where your time was Bronze, Silver or Gold graded: This for example

MadMax

I like your ideas. Keep them coming. 👍

So first run for me this week
Best lap: Range 12 (1'14.600 to 1'14.849)

Are we allowed to post our splits ?---Nevermind I just saw that there are no splits when you are watching the replay.

Last edited:
Real nice but I know the Luxy guys will not be happy this week :scared:

Never mind Kevin - great new concept 👍

Yellow-on-white hard to see Mr. Worst Driver :D

Relevant to thread: Interesting concept. Has this not been done in WRS before?

One more stab at last weeks' before I try this.

still-last-post-edit: Range 4 or better, best showing lap much better but I used an Evo X for a guide after getting rear-ended by the Z06. :ouch:
This is like a qualifying session .... nice. :)

edited the edit due to range changes

Last edited:
I just did 3 races to discover what this was about (it's been a while since I did this event).

Fastest lap is in Range 1

Typo alert.

Yes, getting the forum software to cooperate with that part of the post was incredibly frustrating this morning, so I'm not surprised there is a mistake. :ouch:

Going to correct it now.

On a side note, if too many drivers end up outside of the range, on either end, I'll add to it as the week goes on. That might impact the Luxy updaters, but this is our first go at this sort of thing, we have to learn as we go.

And on another note, no need for the laps besides your hotlap to be 100% clean. However, I would expect not to see anything severe, like corner cutting to try and gain an advantage, or severe contact with AI. The occasional AI brush is OK, as are clear mistakes.

EDK
Yes, getting the forum software to cooperate with that part of the post was incredibly frustrating this morning, so I'm not surprised there is a mistake. :ouch:

Yes, drag-and-drop doesn't always work as you would like, does it? :yuck:

EDK
On a side note, if too many drivers end up outside of the range, on either end, I'll add to it as the week goes on. That might impact the Luxy updaters, but this is our first go at this sort of thing, we have to learn as we go.

No better way to break a system than try it in action. :D

EDK
And on another note, no need for the laps besides your hotlap to be 100% clean. However, I would expect not to see anything severe, like corner cutting to try and gain an advantage, or severe contact with AI. The occasional AI brush is OK, as are clear mistakes.

The saved ghost replay includes all laps doing this inside the offline events?

The saved ghost replay includes all laps doing this inside the offline events?

That's correct. There's no way to save a ghost replay, and no way to view splits.

And to answer your other question, we've never done exactly this in the WRS. They did weeks using the license tests in GT4 WRS, but splits could be viewed.

EDIT: I've taken the liberty of updating the ranges, as I'm already hearing of some whopping times that will smash the prior list. If you guys can get below 1:12.1, have at it. ;)

Last edited:
Range 9 for the first stint. I had a great battle with a WRX on the final lap.:lol:

I'm loving having to watch and work out a strategy to get clean air and a good tow.
Range 6 so far.

For clarity, are we allowed to draft faster cars?

Yes, OK to draft.

Also, to answer another question that came up outside of the forum - You don't have to have a replay with a full 10 minutes of run time. You just need to save a replay with a clean lap that equals your submitted time. And not have anything on there that's obviously against the spirit of the rules, in an effort to gain a pre-hotlap advantage. (Things I talked about before, like corner cutting, of full blown whacks into the AI).

Again, I know mistakes will happen, and I believe it's easy to tell the difference. 👍

Hmmm....looks tempting I must say. So if you are faster than 1:12.099 then maybe its safe to say you are not from this planet? :P

Jerome

Hmmm....looks tempting I must say. So if you are faster than 1:12.099 then maybe its safe to say you are not from this planet? :P

Jerome

Maybe I should make that one this color. :lol:

1. 1:12.099 or lower

Range 10. Couple of full-on crashes in my replay as I attempt to get by AIbots without contact.

:lol: Nice Kev.

Jerome

Range 9 here so far after a few tries. With my luck, I'm going to do my best lap right as the 10 minute time limit expires - gonna wish we had fast forward for these replays. :lol:

Range 11. With a close overtake on an AI (Integra type-R) in the first corner but no hit so I'm happy. :)

I like the combo, it's fun, EXCEPT the damn Z06...that thing is pissing me off to no end getting rear ended by it (then when I pass it it starts to rear end me again).

I'm seriously considering just stopping at the beginning until it gets a good half a lap ahead of me.
Range 12...I'm really doing something wrong

Last edited:
I like the combo, it's fun, EXCEPT the damn Z06...that thing is pissing me off to no end getting rear ended by it (then when I pass it it starts to rear end me again).

I'm seriously considering just stopping at the beginning until it gets a good half a lap ahead of me.
Range 12...I'm really doing something wrong

Keep in mind, if you back out of the event and go back in, you might end up with a different lineup of AI cars. Almost certainly a different order. If something about the AI is causing you grief, give that a try. ;)

I've added some additional race specifics to the first post. For the most part, these are clarifications that I've already provided in the thread.

One new clarification - It was pointed out to me that it's possible to enter the race in standard physics, and then change to professional. This will make the AI faster, and potentially allow for a cleaner run and better drafting. That's definitely against the spirit of the rules, and is not allowed.

EDK
Keep in mind, if you back out of the event and go back in, you might end up with a different lineup of AI cars. Almost certainly a different order. If something about the AI is causing you grief, give that a try. ;)

Lol I got the Z06 starting in 1st place 7 times in a row and it never changed
I'm not having much of a problem with him anymore but I'm still terribly slow (running 14-15 average :nervous: ).

Random question, (wondering if my wheel settings could be bad)
What wheel resistance do you guys run at and do you use power assist (not active steering)? I assume no on the latter, and I'm using 7 resistance
I think my excessively slow speeds are caused by not being able to whip the wheel around fast enough >.<

Last edited:
Back