GTP_WRS Week 6 : 13 STarted Hatching

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 639 comments

Not the greatest splits (threw away .803 and .928 for T1 and T2 respectively) but my best final sector by some margin 👍

I'm back after staying out of the last 2 TTs. Again I was surprised by how difficult it is getting a nice lap together. I used doodle's tune, still battling the understeer. Sometimes it also throws the tail out in turn 1 and 5 when turning in too aggressively. I found it a little strange that anti-rolls bars were stiff up front and soft in the rear, I would have thought the opposite was the way to go. Tried switching them, but not much difference, at least not better (I'm not good at noticing difference between tunes though).

These were my first splits from quite early in the session. Then I determined that going slower into turns was the key to combat the understeer, but that way I couldn't keep up with my ghost. Tried going a bit more aggressively again, but the front grip just isn't there, and I haven't been able to improve on my ghost.

Bleh!

Sorry I was home sick yesterday and my brain wasn't 100%.

Yes 21.xxx not 20.

Look at all that D2 Gold in the leaderboard 👍

Jerome

I've hit a glass ceiling on this one. I've seen 20.8xx through T1, beat the T2 by almost a tenth and can go an easy .05 faster through T3, but can I do it all on the same lap? NO!

@doodlemonoply set-up gives the impression of a lot more steering, but I am always a half tenth faster with an almost stock car :confused:. T1 is definitely an easy and consistent .05 faster, T2 is still a lottery and T3 a good tenth slower on the doodle-tune (YMMV). But thanks for sharing Andrew 👍, however, your gears are as crappy as mine...

The car is a handful at the limit and getting that "perfect" lap might just elude me :banghead:. But I'll be back at it later!! :lol:

I keep finding more time - in small increments but more time is more time:

I have had a 20.94x in T1 so I'm good for T1 and I think I'm good with T3, but T2 is not the best. I'll get there eventually with the lap being so short it won't be too long before I've learned the best ways through each sector.

But thanks for sharing Andrew 👍, however, your gears are as crappy as mine...

Gears are the same for everyone . . .

Not seeing many blue sector times.. whatever settings I use.. it's just becoming a bit of a stalemate.. however here are my marginally improved splits..

This is just what I need after the enduro. Nice, short laps. :)

First splits

Currently working on my own tune, but I'm going to try some of the other tunes for comparison.

This weeks ride :)

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_2.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_3.jpg

I got back to the TT and did some running, didn't load my previous ghost but set a new slightly slower one and started chasing that. Had some trouble keeping up but towards the end I managed to improve and beat the ghost a bit. I saved those improved ghosts, then opened the Load ghost replay menu to see if I was faster than my old ghost. My recently saved ghosts weren't in the list. I decided to go back to the home screen and see if the replays were in the gallery. Never got so far because my ps3 froze at the "GT" loading screen". Had to turn it off, I just hope my lost ghosts weren't quicker than the old one...

Today I've tried my tune, my revised tune, doodle's tune and Vagabond's tune and I can't match my times from yesterday. I have pretty much given up at this point as I can get the car to corner twice as well as yesterday but I am slower because of it...which makes no sense to me. How people are getting sub 21 second S1's is beyond me...I can't even work out how to get below 21.3

Got my G27 Monday morning! Took a while to get used to it but now I can control the car a lot better! No more oversteering by thumbing over too far on the DS3 stick! Still have a loooooong way to go! Guess I'll be in the bottom of D4B for a while! LOL!!!

Best time so far with the Focus!

0:0:22.445
0:0:39.062

Spending lots of time at the Beach getting sunburned!!!

Wish I wasn't missing out on this combo now that all these tunes have been posted. Hopefully my load cell will turn up before the weekend so I can have another go at this one.

Anybody know of any cheap decent wheels going? Fanatec preferable as I obviously have the CSRE Pedals. Everything seems to be breaking at once, the d-pad on the wheel is broken and the FFB certainly feels weak. :grumpy:

Wish I wasn't missing out on this combo now that all these tunes have been posted. Hopefully my load cell will turn up before the weekend so I can have another go at this one.

Anybody know of any cheap decent wheels going? Fanatec preferable as I obviously have the CSRE Pedals. Everything seems to be breaking at once, the d-pad on the wheel is broken and the FFB certainly feels weak. :grumpy:

The Porsche GT3 RS is pretty good and cheaper slightly than the CSR.

I recently replaced my G27 with a GT3RS with CSRE pedals and I'm loving my new setup. I'm not sure how the single motor GT3 compares to the dual motor CSRE/CSW, but it feels good to me. I know Chris aka Vagabond had a GT3 and now has a CSW, maybe he has advice.

The Porsche GT3 RS is pretty good and cheaper slightly than the CSR.

I've been meaning to ask what you think of your new Fanatec setup?

I recently had the motors in my CSR Elite go out on me...twice. But I did buy a G27 wheel as I thought my CSR-E days were numbered and imho, the G27 felt like a toy. There is no comparing them as they are worlds apart (again my opinion). The FFB can be changed while you fly down the straight, same with the max turn angle (900 degrees or less if you want, for understeery cars like this one).

I ended up finding a solution here and returned the G27.

I also owned the CSR wheel and it was also a great wheel, slightly better than the G27.

Jerome

I've been meaning to ask what you think of your new Fanatec setup?

I love it - having come from a DFGT it's a massive step up at a better price than a G27.

The load cell brake took some getting used to, and I'm getting better with trail braking, but still not quite there yet. Though I think I'm faster with my current setup than I was with my DFGT, so it's certainly an improvement.

I also have the CSL wheel stand which also makes a big difference - it's much heavier to move around, but that's really a bonus because it won't move, plus the pedals are secured much better with it.

The buttons on the wheel are still default, they're hard to get used to and I don't know what to use them on - I sometimes need the horn online, but it's weird it not being in the center, lol.

All in all it's a great value for money piece of kit that I don't regret buying for one second - the feel of the wheel and pedals is just so much better, comfortable as well as more realistic too. I would recommend it to anyone - especially the pedals. I'm so glad I went for the Elites now.

same with the max turn angle (900 degrees or less if you want, for understeery cars like this one).

I haven't messed with that yet. Still on 900. What are you using for this combo?

Back