GTP_WRS Week 6 : 13 STarted Hatching

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 639 comments
Squeezed a couple of hundreds out of her again, but not one purple sector on this lap...

Is it just me or does Graham Hill Bend suck since it was changed (the track, not what PD have done to it)? My memories of it from '91-'95 are of a fast, on-the-edge-of-your-seat corner, not the understeer nightmare that it is now... It is my lottery corner on this combo!

Nice splits @pilmat

Found some improvement to and 0.200 at the line.

I reached my goal for this week, but still gonna do a few more runs as I know there is still 0.2 out there for me.

Had a spare hour and managed these

Have been around 35.8 on a few occasions but messed up the last corner :irked:

Has anybody been able to come up with a decent setup? I basically ran this stock apart from the ride height, I used the max and min settings that was talked about earlier in the thread. Not a tuner myself and any helpwould be much appreciated :)

Had a spare hour and managed these

Have been around 35.8 on a few occasions but messed up the last corner :irked:

Has anybody been able to come up with a decent setup? I basically ran this stock apart from the ride height, I used the max and min settings that was talked about earlier in the thread. Not a tuner myself and any helpwould be much appreciated :)

Nice splits :)

I spent a while messing with the tune last night to NOTHING... I'm faster with no adjustments than anything else I tried... Nothing makes any real difference apart from adding camber, which makes you slow :lol: Even brakes set to 0/10 change almost nothing :odd: I didn't try the ride height trick though, I'll get into that tonight.

I spent a while messing with the tune last night to NOTHING... I'm faster with no adjustments than anything else I tried... Nothing makes any real difference apart from adding camber, which makes you slow :lol: Even brakes set to 0/10 change almost nothing :odd: I didn't try the ride height trick though, I'll get into that tonight.
Agreed - I went through a full range of setups last night and can't feel any difference really. A lot of toe on the rear makes the car unstable but no faster. Other than that, I'm stumped. :dunce:

Thanks 👍

Certainly strange how everything applied seems to make the car slower/worse. Has the tuning been like that since release, or has a previous update messed things up?

Enjoyed what time I have had on this combo so far even though the tuning is messed up on it, not that it means to much to me as I can't tune anyway. Hoping to get some more seat time later tonight. :cheers:

Almost .4 at the line, so new splits for me.

When I see my splits and compare I feel like I should be demoted to D4Bronze.

Some sort of Suspension and LSD tune from you Aliens might do some good. A Video of Sector 1 would also help as that is exactly where I am clueless :D

Last edited:
Had a 30 lap run to see if my tuning skills from the last week have disappeared as quickly as they magically appeared and....I think they might have gone again! I have managed to get the car turning better but am far from happy with it. Anyway, might as well post what I've done so far on the remote chance it helps someone:

RH: 80/90
SR: 12.00/10.00
D(C): 4/3
D(E): 5/5
ARB: 4/3
Camber: 0/0
TOE: -0.20/-0.05
B/B: 4/6
LSD: 20/40/10

With that setup my best times so far are:

S1: 21.311
S2: 36.644

Not the best splits ever but a 3 tenths improvement on my S1 time and a 5 tenths on my S2 split in standard setup, so can't really complain

Had a 30 lap run to see if my tuning skills from the last week have disappeared as quickly as they magically appeared and....I think they might have gone again! I have managed to get the car turning better but am far from happy with it. Anyway, might as well post what I've done so far on the remote chance it helps someone:

RH: 80/90
SR: 12.00/10.00
D(C): 4/3
D(E): 5/5
ARB: 4/3
Camber: 0/0
TOE: -0.20/-0.05
B/B: 4/6
LSD: 20/40/10

With that setup my best times so far are:

S1: 21.311
S2: 36.644

Not the best splits ever but a 3 tenths improvement on my S1 time and a 5 tenths on my S2 split in standard setup, so can't really complain
Yes, yes, that helped. Now I can atleast get through sector 1 without much trouble. Even saw 21.xxx. But then I muck it up in the beginning of sector 2. This is gonna take time... :D

Damn what a crazy combo, this brings me straight back to the struggle I used to have with FF cars, in the seasonals and such, until I discovered the magic of the handbrake. That's not available this time so not sure how I'll manage.

So far I've tried a couple different approaches to tune the car. I used some of the tunes I had (made by others) for some of the FF seasonal cars as a reference, but they didn't really help with this one. The only thing that seems to make the car a bit more driveable is the max/min setting for the front/rear ride height that's been brought up on this thread a couple times.

Gonna take some time to adjust, I don't think I've put a real effort in driving a FF car since the qualifier. It's sure a bit different than the Elise!

T1: 21.392
T2: 36.625

Had a faster pair of splits and final laptime, though like the inattentive fool that I am, forgot to save my best lap replay :banghead:
Been going at it for a bit post that and haven't managed to equal it yet. But I'm getting there, and have to get better. But for now this shall suffice.

@nursemorph - I liked that tune 👍 so much so that I managed another .1 at the line and a better T1 :crazy: - my T2 however... :yuck:

Thank you, amazing wondertuner :bowdown:

Hey, @mickyevs ... you are supposed to be BEHIND me - you are upsetting the order of things, you Hooligan :mischievous: :P 👍

Last edited:

Wondertuner? :lol:. You've made my day with that one!! I don't know the first thing about tuning....I just move numbers around and pray that they do something good...last week it worked well, this week, meh so far. Admittedly, I am starting to get a little understanding in how various things work but not enough to call myself proficient. If I knew what I was doing, I'd be able to fix it for the corner after the S1 as I am struggling with it.

First splits using the max/min thing and around -0.28 rear toe, BB 1/5:

I didn't notice until the end of my session, so haven't tested yet, but it looks like the optimal shift point should be 5.5 - 6k rpm? I was going to redline most of the time.
Turn 3 in 3rd gear seemed to be better than shifting down to 2nd.

A major tip I can give for this car is to approach the apex of a corner half throttling, this stabilises the car and gets a bit more rotation. Trying to let off the throttle and getting lift-off oversteer will most of the time cause the car to scrub speed and in essence, understeer.

Wondertuner? :lol:. You've made my day with that one!! I don't know the first thing about tuning....I just move numbers around and pray that they do something good...last week it worked well, this week, meh so far. Admittedly, I am starting to get a little understanding in how various things work but not enough to call myself proficient. If I knew what I was doing, I'd be able to fix it for the corner after the S1 as I am struggling with it.

Well, whatever you did to this car on your end is making me feel like I can actually DRIVE it. 👍

Since I've finally managed some splits that are quicker than doodlemonoply, I figured they might be worth posting :D

Currently running with the following tweaks: zero rear toe, max front ride height, min rear ride height, 3/7 brake bias, and 5/20/10 differential (same as stock diff).

I swear, Brands Hatch is made to punish understeer. I'd say a particular corner is evil, but every corner is evil! :scared:

1:03.317

I can't seem to keep her in bounds when I get sub 1:03 T2's : /

Here's my settings:

130/60
7.5/5.01
3/3 (will play with this setting later)
7/7
6/1
0/0
0/-.2

BB
5/2

LSD
5/25/5

Jerome

Did you mess up the splits like I did, or are you on the Grand Prix track? We are using the Indy course this week :D

Did you mess up the splits like I did, or are you on the Grand Prix track? We are using the Indy course this week :D

Nope I'm just thinking of too many numbers atm :lol:

let's try:

Thanks for pointing that out for me buddy 👍

Jerome

Back