GTP_WRS Week 60: Lions and Bulls

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 130 comments

May not get another go at this one as my brake seems to be spiking, not sure if it's to do with the update or if I need to take pedals apart for a clean.

A shame this one is more fun than I thought it would be as I normally struggle in FF cars.

May not get another go at this one as my brake seems to be spiking, not sure if it's to do with the update or if I need to take pedals apart for a clean.

A shame this one is more fun than I thought it would be as I normally struggle in FF cars.

That's too bad.

FYI I've logged a couple of hours driving since the update and have not noticed any issue with my G29.

Yeah bud had to do mine yesterday some switch cleaner in the pots works wonders ..i've got two dogs that like to leave their coat in there..ps. and a good vacuum...:)

Wow some crazy splits being posted??? for the record I have managed a couple of test 27.8 sectors but only by going offtrack before the start line and crossing the start line at 84-85mph... how you guys are doing it without cutting the track before the start of the lap is amazing! Well done 👍

Wow some crazy splits being posted??? for the record I have managed a couple of test 27.8 sectors but only by going offtrack before the start line and crossing the start line at 84-85mph... how you guys are doing it without cutting the track before the start of the lap is amazing! Well done 👍
Ron game has apparently changed since the last update :boggled:

Honestly I am not using the runoff to gain speed, my laps are all clean from start to finish consecutively. I am using as much track as possible without cutting. I find shifting at 95ish to 96 from 4th to 5th and 73ish to 74 for 3rd to 4th faster. Also right after t1 I shift to 4th early right before I start to turn left, I am able to carry more speed through the S than I do staying 3rd. I haven't payed too much attention to my speed at the start finish line but will now

Sorry Jeff I wasn't suggesting you were doing it :embarrassed: I just wanted to highlight to some of the newer drivers that it is very easy to gain an unfair advantage with some off track very wide lines before the lap starts, Just like on willow springs going behind the cones for more speed across the start line etc.. new drivers to the WRS might not know that we shun this kind of driving and have ways of knowing if they did is all ;)👍

27.8 is super fast that's for sure! Nice work :bowdown:

I may be wrong Ron but I'm pretty sure I'm crossing the line between 91-92 mph. Are you sure you have right settings for this combo?

All my laps since joining wrs are clean and verified. I am entering and exiting the final corner with outside tires on both rumbles. Just checked my replay and I am definitely crossing the line at 92mph.

You need to check settings if going that slow across the line, are you sure you are doing the short version and not the long one?

Last edited:
Are others hitting the same speed across the line as me? Hope I'm not doing it wrong :lol:

Hopefully clean out my pedals before the deadline so I can run again :cheers:

Yeah, I'm generally hitting between 148 and 150 kph (92/93mph) at the line with my best lap so far clocking the 150 kph mark at both ends of the lap.

Edit: Ron, there's only .069 between our T1 times. I would expect a wider gap if you were 8 or 9 mph slower than me at the start line. Are you sure about those speeds?

Last edited:
Sorry guys was just one of those nights last night were Ron makes a complete fool of himself :dunce: most should be used to it by now :D
and it was 93-94mph over the start line and not 83-84... I'm just slow at this event looking for excuses :lol:

GL to all for the results :cheers:

Back