GTP_WRS Week 61 : Ramming Speed

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 147 comments
Haven't had much time this week. Splits from a couple days ago

1:19.783

Hope to get 2 more hours with my redneck dream machine saturday night. There's atleast a dozen of the beauties sitting in the parking lot at work.

Last edited:
Updated splits. I made a few obvious errors, hope to put together a cleaner lap before the event ends.

1'20.005

First splits, I think I there's one or two tenths in every sector.

1'20.150

I got mixed up with the WRS and GTPES rules, so lap wasnt dirty after all. :ouch:

Old splits:

1'19.449

Sorry guys. :indiff:

Don't really know but I think all my sectors were kind of useless (after what I put in). But maybe I can get in quick - which was not the case today - and improve later.

No special license needed in the US to drive a pick up truck.

It's actually a bit scary what you can drive here with just basic license. It took me exactly 30 minutes to get a license in Florida. 10 minutes stupid simple test (you just need 20 out of 30, I didn't even study), 10 minutes driving around some back streets, couple of stop signs, one traffic light. No parallel parking, no highway. 10 minutes waiting for the card to be printed.

I can drive this (including the trailer):

IMG_4602.jpg

Hopefully last night's race can help me get a faster time. Going to try at it soon. 👍

my one and only lap time :banghead: go slow to be fast :boggled:

1'19.933

I've an extra .5 in me (screwed up the last corner on one) but I'm giving up after 40 odd laps today and moving on. This has been a right challenge to even find a fast line, yet still entertaining 👍

Opening and possibly closing splits for me. Getting this to work requires some very odd techniques, and repeating success is very difficult. I literally unlocked 7 tenths in one lap after an hour of running, just by getting a little lucky in a couple of places.

1:19.783

The official tow vehicle of Team Clutch on Fire is a Dodge Ram with a Cummins. It's never been on a hotlap.

I'll have to get some pics of my Plum Crazy Beast a little later. Have to say I was disappointed that this was a standard, so no race numbers could be applied. :lol:

Seems you and I are going down the corkscrew side by side, @randy1122 . Who has the inside line? :mischievous:

I really don't know what i did there to screw up t3 so bad, but t2 and t4 are pretty awesome. Combining my PB splits, there is still around 1 tenth in it, but i doubt that i can find it :scared:

1'18.650

My father owns this exact truck, black with chrome. I drive it on a regular basis, but I am totally not interested in driving it on here what so ever cause it handles like the Titanic. I can say that with confidence. :) :D
Handling like this is good training for GT Academy... go on, you know you want to ;)

please don't beat me again

Back