GTP_WRS Week 62 : EDK Has Gone Insane

• Thread starter EDK
  • 102 comments
So we are allowed to run them online this week I assume?
I haven't hardly driven the F2007 yet, but I'll take Suzuka east, unlike full Suzuka. :D

Yes, you're allowed to run online, just not talk about your total time.

I was very close to choosing the full version of Suz for this, and the online event with N1 tires and no tuning. You have an unnamed registry member to thank for my slightly less insane decision. ;)

BTW - You're doing very well in the GT5TT demo. 👍

I'm liking this XD

just did a few laps, I have several injuries from a go kart racing accident from this weekend and I can't do long sessions :(
I'm losing at least .2 or .3 in the first sector, .2 in the 2nd and .2 in the 3rd so I know I can drop this to mid to high 35s

Best lap in my 2 laps was:

I did have a .5 on a few other occasions but couldn't put the 2 laps together nicely. :(

EDK
If you choose to discuss splits, please keep them in linear format, (xx.xxx/xx.xxx as opposed to on their own lines) in order to avoid confusing the FetchBot.

I have a ways to go, my best thus far is 40.593.:yuck:

What Kevin says about posting your split times is that you should put them in a separate line so that the fetchbot can copy them into the WRS Leaderboard. I'm entering your split manually for now 👍

was my best result in a clean 2 lappper, look forward to chasin down some more tenths

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna pass this week - the F1 was never my thing and to be honest I just don't have the reflexes to push it around the short Suz circuit. Good Luck everyone and I'll see you next week. Now I just need to find some interesting races to participate in. :)

I can't do this :(. I haven't even completed the "A Class" events, nevermind the "S Class" ones. F2007 is quite far from my hands. Anyway, good luck to everyone :D.

EDIT: posted again below because I messed up the fetchbot...oops x_X

Last edited:
I had a very quick run yesterday, my best lap was a 36.9xx, but that's not a 2 lapper.

I think I can improve my fastest lap to around 36.0, but I'll have to see if I can get 2 fast clean laps :D It's going to need some practice for sure.

New best lap in 2 lap series.

Seems the F2007 and I are not good buddies.

Giggity, I'm liking that so far, but I think I can drop it a tenth or two in the final corner...

EDIT splits: 13.352/23.965/35.719

I have just imported my old GT5P game data in my new GTP account so I got my F2007 again! :dopey:

My best lap: 37.015

Last edited:
Wow, fighting the FFB with a fractured rib is very painful in this thing!

EDIT: More pain but more gain

Last edited:
Nice positive variant of the original "no pain, no gain" Andy :lol:
What's up with your rib, how'd you fracture it? Get quick well buddy, even though THIS combo is indeed not going to support a quick healing process...

I'm scared myself, hate the F1 really, but I'll give it a first go now!!!

Good luck all! :cheers:

Sorry guys, this may be a dumb question, and I'm sure it cropped up once before some months ago (and I can't remember which week or what the answer was) but which times are we using? In my replay, the time which appears in the middle of the screen is different from the one in the top right hand corner. Which is the correct one to submit?

From the first post:

'-6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner, best and last laptime.'

OMG.... now I know why I NEVER touched this car except for one single test spin when I could afford my first F1..... : :scared::ill::crazy::yuck:
Think I'm going to get epileptical seisures from this (I have ignored the warnings on computer-games all my life, but this might make me rethink :lol:)

Now I've done a few "second" test-laps, I do see now this might actually be fun if you get into the zone. Good job EDK, I understand why some people can LOVE this.

First lap:

From the first post:

'-6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner, best and last laptime.'

Thanks, not sure how I missed that :dunce: Until tomorrow

EDIT: Works closed due to snow so plenty of time for some more goes today :D Happily I broke the 37 barrier this morning.

Last edited:
So far I'm only at 38.2xx.
I may not bother with this one after all, as it turns out the key with this car, (again) is 95% throttle and 90% steering out of most corners, and that's the range a DS3 can't hit accurately on the PS3 in GT games. :(

Think I'm going to get epileptical seisures from this (I have ignored the warnings on computer-games all my life, but this might make me rethink :lol:)

Me too! :lol:
Anyway I love this competition, it's so frenetic, I mean, two very short laps where you must push at the max with this F1 :dopey:

My new best lap in 2 laps:

Time is now at 35.343 as a best 2 lapper, decided to submit this time even though my other lap wasn't that crash hot.

Time is now at 35.343 as a best 2 lapper, decided to submit this time even though my other lap wasn't that crash hot.

No way i'm getting to that, great lap Dan as always. 👍

O'37'5XX

i don't think i can go much faster with a controller i've been saving up for a g25 for some time now

Back