GTP_WRS Week 62 : EDK Has Gone Insane

• Thread starter EDK
  • 102 comments

Imported a game save, so I don't have to worry about not having a car for the WRS. Fun, but tricky. This thing doesn't exactly turn well if you go off track does it? It does slow speeds like the Flash does slow speeds!

Second shortish stint:

:yuck:

Quitting for tonight, chucked like the last dozen better set of laps out the window on the last turn of lap 2 :rolleyes:

^ Me too, but I bombed out at turn 1. Every time I do a fast 1st lap, I spin out in 2nd lap.
My first WRS, yay.
Ran about 10 laps, my best is:

Last edited:
HN7
^ Me too, but I bombed out at turn 1. Every time I do a fast 1st lap, I spin out in 2nd lap.
My first WRS, yay.
Ran about 10 laps, my best is:

Yeah, I think it's all down to psychology and pressure management (both obviously not working to my favour :lol:)
Not a bad lap time for not even 10min seat time 👍. I think it took me 20 laps already just to figure out how fast this thing can actually go :scared:

This is turning out to be more fun then I expected :). Did a good run with this being my best lap:

Yeah, I think it's all down to psychology and pressure management (both obviously not working to my favour :lol:)
Not a bad lap time for not even 10min seat time 👍. I think it took me 20 laps already just to figure out how fast this thing can actually go :scared:

Thanks, but I don't think I can get much faster because I have a G27 so no manual trans for me 👎
Also, my 2nd lap always 1sec slower than my 1st :lol:

HN7
I have a G27 so no manual trans for me 👎

Huh!? What do you mean by that!? Pls explain, is there something fishy with the support? What I've read so far about the 27 sounded like good and full support.

Huh!? What do you mean by that!? Pls explain, is there something fishy with the support? What I've read so far about the 27 sounded like good and full support.

Paddles don't work on the G27 and it has no stick sequential so it H-pattern only. Not ideal in a 7 gear F1 car :lol:

Paddles don't work on the G27 and it has no stick sequential so it H-pattern only. Not ideal in a 7 gear F1 car :lol:

Exactly 👍
Only in GT5P though, the full game will support paddle shifters as the GT5D shown

I need some help on deciding if my lap was clean because in the last section i had to wheels just touching the grass on the right hander but my other two wheels were 100% on the track, so is that a clean lap?

I need some help on deciding if my lap was clean because in the last section i had to wheels just touching the grass on the right hander but my other two wheels were 100% on the track, so is that a clean lap?

Quoted from the rules:
2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times

So if you have two wheels touching the track, you're golden dude :)

Finding more time almost every lap.
1st 2 lapper after a half hour sesh

VettelP1, that's all good mate. Too late :lol:

Imported a game save, so I don't have to worry about not having a car for the WRS. Fun, but tricky. This thing doesn't exactly turn well if you go off track does it? It does slow speeds like the Flash does slow speeds!

It is indeed a though car to master, thats why I dont bother importing a game save, I know I wont do much. Normally, I wouldn't deny practice but in this case I'm afraid the F1 might spoil me (Like the F090/S did on the GT3 days when I wasn't a serious racer, so I used it in every race and got used to it's "driving style").

EDIT: I tried using a game save just to see if my times were competitive within my division. Now I lost my old data due to a "I'm an idiot and failed to, among other things, do a backup of my data". So I think I'll give it a shot now I'm "stuck" with a clear gamesave and an F2007.

First Shot yielded a lap time of:
0.38'116

Yay! Not last in my Division!

Last edited:
One more split post from a new Div4 racer and we will make it to a historic 10 member event from our division. I am pretty sure that I have never seen such a high turnup since the start of the Registry 👍

As you can understand I hope the influx of new (Div4) members is in some way related to the news item on the GTP homepage about the new WRS Leaderboard ;)

One more split post from a new Div4 racer and we will make it to a historic 10 member event from our division. I am pretty sure that I have never seen such a high turnup since the start of the Registry 👍

As you can understand I hope the influx of new (Div4) members is in some way related to the news item on the GTP homepage about the new WRS Leaderboard ;)

Thanks for the request buddy, happily accepted! :)
And to the topic: you bet it is! 👍

i am having some big trouble with my dfgt so i think that is that for me this week :-( . . but nice event btw. do not think this week is my week again lol

As I expected this is stil a bit much for me at the moment. Need more then a week to master this.
Not really progressing anymore, might still try a bit before closing:

Submitted. A few tenths off my best possible time, but I'm content with my two laps.

Unfortunately i've been too busy this week, so I won't be submitting as well. I simply didn't have enough time to put down a competitive time.

I'm not going to be submitting a time this week either guys, I've not had the time to put the practise into this combo this week.

Good luck everyone

:cheers:

:yuck: => :)

Update :D

Edit: What can I say? Not sure if I have time tomorrow, so this may become my final submission. I'm again far off the pace of the aliens, but I've had one hell of a blast with this. I might get last again in Div 1, but opposed to what seems to be happening elsewhere on the Planet atm THIS has fully achieved why I spend seat time: FUN. Thanks Kevin for this BRILLIANT round and for bringing me to try and, within my capabilities, learn to master a car I would have never touched otherwise! 👍

Last edited:
Submitted my time, haven't had another chance to run this combo since Tuesday. Good luck to all other competitors. 👍

Latest Posts

Back