GTP_WRS Week 63: Porscheleife

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 97 comments
With some luck I'll have my first session today. Real life sucks right now :banghead:
Sorry to hear that Javier. I'm hoping you and @GTP_Dutchy join in on the fun!

Something that helps me is to focus first on completing 2 laps at a brisk pace before going for a fast lap. I don't know how many times I've been in the wreck and restart cycle to be on another great lap only to get further along to a new area that I don't have a feel for the limits and wreck out again.

My point being is yes you will be restarting a bunch but also make sure you have had a couple of goes at speed at all sections of the track first.

Nice lap @Mr P don't think I can do anything to challenge that.

@roamer2629 might wanna change your input device on the LB there, buddy. :D
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/guide-to-the-leaderboard-and-fetchy.297646/
Changing your controller on the board

Changing your controller is a lot similar to changing your country above, we just have a different subject and body message:

Subject: Change Controller
Body: G25
Fetchy support quite a lot of controllers, like: Wheel, G25, G27, DFGT, Driving Force, T500, Fanatec, CSW, Fanatec Clubsport Formula, Controller, DS3, DS4, six-axis

If Fetchy doesn't support your controller let me know in the Leaderboard comments and bugs thread.

I was having very promising session with the normal throwing away a blazing lap in the the last couple of sectors when I ran out of time and the maintenance period started. Despite a couple of big mistakes (particularly in sector 10) this lap was the fastest of the session.

I've had a couple 47.1xx. T1's. If anyone would find it useful I could save it the next time I do it and try and share it here (been a while since I did the You Tube thing)

Last edited:
I open my big mouth and I don't even see a single T1 less than 47.3xx. tonight but I did have a saved replay that has a 47.318. With any luck I can post the video as it gets through uploading (I've only done this once and it was a long time ago :dunce:)

I was successful in trimming my lap time down a bit more. New splits.

BB 0

Tried 3 laps last night with the DS4 controller...not pretty! :scared: I don't know when I'll have my wheel setup again, not really in a hurry to do so, just taking my time deciding on what kind of stand or rig I want to get, but combos like this make me want to pull the trigger ASAP! :lol:

Got a clean lap finally. I don’t believe I’ll be very competitive, but i wasn’t going to let the track beat me. I’ll take what I can get.
Great times so far, guys! And glad to see you join in Joe, it's quite a good feeling when you memorize this track. :bowdown:

Tried 3 laps last night with the DS4 controller...not pretty! :scared: I don't know when I'll have my wheel setup again, not really in a hurry to do so, just taking my time deciding on what kind of stand or rig I want to get, but combos like this make me want to pull the trigger ASAP! :lol:

Great times so far, guys! And glad to see you join in Joe, it's quite a good feeling when you memorize this track. :bowdown:
It’s a lot of track to memorize lol. Super demanding and tons of focus.

Nice improvement Eric :cheers: I will get back on this tomorrow for a Sunday drive.. hopefully I can create some space between us again over this behemoth track ;)👍
Thanks Ron. I don't have any illusions that I'll finish this close to you. If I can finish within 1 second of you I will be happy.

BTW in sector 7 you are destroying me by 0.850 seconds. Are you able to do low 52's repeatably in that sector? I'm doing something extremely wrong there because my best times are in 52.9xx's.

it's quite a good feeling when you memorize this track. :bowdown:
Absolutely. Probably not the best way, but I did the 24 hr endurance race in GT 4 to learn it. Plus the countless number of laps it took to beat mission 34 :dunce:. @Pigpin13 don't forget to utilize the circuit experience either. I went through every sector and video example earlier this week because even as well as I know the track its easy for me to develop bad habits over time.

Looking forward to your return Lucas!

Last edited:
Thanks Ron. I don't have any illusions that I'll finish this close to you. If I can finish within 1 second of you I will be happy.

BTW in sector 7 you are destroying me by 0.850 seconds. Are you able to do low 52's repeatably in that sector? I'm doing something extremely wrong there because my best times are in 52.9xx's.

Please know in advance that I actually thought it was Saturday when I posted that going for a Sunday drive comment :lol: Brainfart time haha 👍

I just loaded my replay to see where exactly sector 7 is and it's basically exiting the karussell and onwards.. I would post a vid with no lap info display of that section alone if it was allowed but its a no no there unfortunately.

I have seen a few 51.9's through that sector so you are losing speed in that section for sure.. but don't worry mate you are more than making up for it on other parts of the track 👍 All I can suggest is after exiting the karussell you push it a bit more and use the rumbles as much as you can.. this car has crazy grip for some of the twisty sections and when you think you might lose it pushing on the rumbles... It surprises you ;)

Good Luck with it mate :cheers:

This is why you don't abandon a clean lap at Nurburgring.....I was slower in each of the first 4 sectors and was about a half a second behind my ghost.

I was pretty conservative in the final sector and still managed to shave over 4 tenths at the line.

Please know in advance that I actually thought it was Saturday when I posted that going for a Sunday drive comment :lol: Brainfart time haha 👍

I just loaded my replay to see where exactly sector 7 is and it's basically exiting the karussell and onwards.. I would post a vid with no lap info display of that section alone if it was allowed but its a no no there unfortunately.

I have seen a few 51.9's through that sector so you are losing speed in that section for sure.. but don't worry mate you are more than making up for it on other parts of the track 👍 All I can suggest is after exiting the karussell you push it a bit more and use the rumbles as much as you can.. this car has crazy grip for some of the twisty sections and when you think you might lose it pushing on the rumbles... It surprises you ;)

Good Luck with it mate :cheers:

Thanks for the feedback, don't worry I will see the video after the event. I think I'm braking more than I need to for the first corner at the top of the hill.

What about gear selection in the fast flowing section. The car seems to be more settled in 4th but I don't know if its slower or faster than being in 3rd.

I wont put it here but I posted sector 7 on my youtube vid page for you with no lap info etc.. It's a 52.1 sector and I will probably delete it in a few hours when you see what you need to see... Hope it helps you mate! 👍

I wont put it here but I posted sector 7 on my youtube vid page for you with no lap info etc.. It's a 52.1 sector and I will probably delete it in a few hours when you see what you need to see... Hope it helps you mate! 👍

Thanks for taking the time to post that video. Apparently I'm not the only one looking for help in that sector, it already had 2 views when I saw it.

Besides the obvious of you being a better driver, it did enlighten me to a couple of places I need to change how I'm going about things. Its a big gap between knowing how something needs to be done and actually doing it that way. If I can pickup 3 or 4 tenths I will be elated. Thanks again for helping and best of luck to you!

Back