GTP_WRS Week 66: Samurai Seven

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 103 comments
Would be good to see them sort something out for this, can't help but wonder if this is aimed at me because I am d1 silver and he is gold, but I can guarantee my runs are 100% by the book every week.

I could not see the point in bending any rules as you may as well not enter at all.

Sounds like bitterness to me, it can only be aimed at me or @Iceman That comment. If he did mean anything by it at all.

Sorry but I think he is getting at one of us 👎

It's actually easier than it seems to validate car settings after an event has finished.. live stream showing all car settings before starting the lap etc and run a similar lap in real time.. easy peasey! :lol:

That's how I would do it if I was ever a suspect of tampering ;)👍

Anyway... GL to all running this event :cheers:

I agree with the above comments, and understand it's frustrating that we cant a) check other laps or b) prove our own laps are stock.

We all want a fair competition at the end of the day.

But as @Mr P says there are ways, I leave my kudos prime stats in my sig to show I can be fast with stock settings for example.

I also think the live stream idea is good, or, start manually recording when your lap is done all the way through to the menu to show your settings ( I tend to do this as a backup incase anyone queries a lap )

Before now I've doubted a laptime, only to see the lap on Youtube and realise it was just an excellent lap, copied the lines and dropped my own time

Last edited:
Sorry to continue this subject but it's bothering me

Just compared my lap to Rons, he is faster than me through the first sector because he manages to hold more speed in turns 1 and 2, only by about 1mph but it makes all the difference.

In the second sector I hold more speed than Ron by about 2mph which gives me about 1 tenth advantage.

As for the final sector there is only 1 thousandth between us as we manage to hold a similar speed through there.

I'm sure if I could see @Meister Fetz lap his final corner average speed would be between 95-96mph which is slightly slower than what the top four finishers were taking it at.

Not trying to cause problems here, just using mine and Rons laps as guides to what can be achieved in all 3 sectors.

But I will not post splits or submit laps or anything anymore. I’ve my reasons.
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you'll be back. I've learned a lot from you and chasing after you. :cheers:

Will be back when there’s an opportunity to check the car‘s specs in submitted replays. As it is now, I’m out.
This thread is hardly an appropriate place for that kind of insinuation. If you have evidence of or at least specific reasons to suspect rule violations, you should raise them in a private converation with WRS stewards, or maybe in the corresponding results thread.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you'll be back. I've learned a lot from you and chasing after you. :cheers:

This thread is hardly an appropriate place for that kind of insinuation. If you have evidence of or at least specific reasons to suspect rule violations, you should raise them in a private converation with WRS stewards, or maybe in the corresponding results thread.
If I can work out how to upload videos onto the results thread I will start doing what @Iceman has done in all time trials I enter. It seems to be the only way to keep people's minds at rest.

That's me done on this subject, not the place to discuss it as @MrCooper says.

If I can work out how to upload videos onto the results thread I will start doing what @Iceman has done in all time trials I enter. It seems to be the only way to keep people's minds at rest.

Sad to see this kind of discussion. As Iam here mainly to learn and find some people to race clean (couldnt find the race thread for some weeks, we stopped doing those races?) cheaters were never my concern.

We are already working on it, and would kindly ask everyone to move on to our usual topics. It's not the first time this happens and probably won't be the last. I assure you all that dealing with this kind of claims is the worst part of our jobs as stewards.
Regarding the weekly races, lack of attendance has forced us to discontinue our races for the time being, but we'll get back to them as soon as we can.

We don't do that because it's not possible. It's certainly not out of lack of desire, you guys saw all the work our team put into replay checking on GT5 and in turn GT6.

And everyone also got to see the relatively low incidence of cheating on GT5 in our checks of prior submissions.

Edit: Adding link for context.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-admin-team-review-of-member-replays.285052/

Last edited:

Just over 1 tenth at the line but still think the last 2 corners were too timid getting back on the power.

Staying in 4th for 100R with a lift mid corner and staying in 3rd for the final 3 corners, even if it bounces off the limiter a little.

15514653876807264608218484289005.jpg
1551464990278542967255545985082.jpg
Clean or not guys, still on the red and white kerb, it just has a sort of gulley before it becomes the all red kerb?

1551464990278542967255545985082.jpg

Last edited:
I understand @EDK, I've checked it from a few different angles and stuff and also different frames and I think it's ok, but i would hate to be DQ'd so i may just keep trying... :confused:
EDIT: Example from turn 2 exit, Coca Cola. This is legal because it's still on the red-n-white rumble, but if the tire contact patch was a few inches to the right, on the all-red rumble, it would be illegal.

ps_messages_20190226_125515-jpg.802521
I tried to address that exact spot with the pic I added later after my post. 👍

Boy howdy that's a fun combo! Thankfully there's no motor damage or my over revving would blow it up for sure! :dopey:
Seen some 22.6s and 32.7s, had a 55.3 T2 but choked last sector :crazy:
This lap slightly better splits and a decent last sector 👍

Back