GTP_WRS Week 66: Samurai Seven

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 103 comments
Gonna try revving it's rods off now! :D

Any thoughts from you guys on this appreciated. I have been doing this originally, but sometimes, I thought to myself that especially down the main straight that the engine a little tired the nearer it got to the rev limiter. Last few days off shifting early I seam to be giong across the start finish line quicker and unable to get around turn 1 properly. I've adjusted the braking made turn 1 and had a load of 22.9's, quiote a few 22.8's and a sprinkling of 22.7's in sector 1. Next session I'm going to work on braking in the rest of the lap, my question is what speed are you guys doing across the start finish line? At present I am seeing 146mph (234kmh) and possibly 147 across the start finish and aproaching turn 1 braking zone at 162mph (260kmh).
Thanks in advance for 'any' thoughts 👍

Any thoughts from you guys on this appreciated. I have been doing this originally, but sometimes, I thought to myself that especially down the main straight that the engine a little tired the nearer it got to the rev limiter. Last few days off shifting early I seam to be giong across the start finish line quicker and unable to get around turn 1 properly. I've adjusted the braking made turn 1 and had a load of 22.9's, quiote a few 22.8's and a sprinkling of 22.7's in sector 1. Next session I'm going to work on braking in the rest of the lap, my question is what speed are you guys doing across the start finish line? At present I am seeing 146mph (234kmh) and possibly 147 across the start finish and aproaching turn 1 braking zone at 162mph (260kmh).

I find I'm clicking up to 147mph just at or after the line when I get my best exits from the last corner, haven't noticed my top speed yet too busy looking at my braking marker.

If your hitting 22.7s through the first sector you can't be doing much wrong though 👍

Not fastest on board here, but Lucas is following my advice. ;)

Shift right at the top of the HUD meter, don't over rev it.

Exceptions -100 R, hold 4th. Last sector, hold 3rd from right after GT corner until final corner exit.

I find I'm clicking up to 147mph just at or after the line when I get my best exits from the last corner, haven't noticed my top speed yet too busy looking at my braking marker.

If your hitting 22.7s through the first sector you can't be doing much wrong though 👍

EDK
Not fastest on board here, but Lucas is following my advice. ;)

Shift right at the top of the HUD meter, don't over rev it.

Exceptions -100 R, hold 4th. Last sector, hold 3rd from right after GT corner until final corner exit.

Cheers guys , really appreciated 👍

Nice splits posted guys! will submit what I have from the other day and move on... sort of lost its appeal for me and can't be bothered to load it again.

On a good note... I have finally started joining online races over the last few days, I met up for a few races in drandads TFN 👍 since then I've had about 8 races at Tokyo in the dailies and enjoying it! I have had more races online in 3 days than I have had from release date :boggled: I was super hesitant to race online due to my OCD high standards of driving and fear of race wrecking punters that I was missing out on all the fun also.. That's about to change :sly:
Hope to see more of you guys online sometime :gtpflag:

Nice splits posted guys! will submit what I have from the other day and move on... sort of lost its appeal for me and can't be bothered to load it again.

On a good note... I have finally started joining online races over the last few days, I met up for a few races in drandads TFN 👍 since then I've had about 8 races at Tokyo in the dailies and enjoying it! I have had more races online in 3 days than I have had from release date :boggled: I was super hesitant to race online due to my OCD high standards of driving and fear of race wrecking punters that I was missing out on all the fun also.. That's about to change :sly:
Wish I could join you guys online but been going through financial struggle since splitting with my girlfriend and moving in on my own.

Since moving in I have been unable to afford getting the internet set up so have relied on using my mobile data to post splits and submit replays.

Good job the WRS is here to cater for my racing needs.

Giving this week a miss, never understood the fuji track and haven't had much time to run it anyway. Certainly a track I need to learn. :cheers:

Think you started off at the right place Ron.
As for the dailys and high race standards:stay away from it.They piss you off at some point...
FIA races are more serious and often in advance of those races there are practise lobbies which are limited by DR rating and that's where you meet the best ones.
Good luck and have fun
:cheers:

Cheers Eric :cheers: I might sign up for the FIA and see how It all works 👍

Daily races are awesome @Mr P Loved them when I had time - just stay S rated to avoid the dive bombers :lol:

Much better in sector 1 and 2, not sure there is much left on the table there, not quite my PB in final sector but quicker overall lap. Submitting and waiting to see what next week holds - enjoyed this combination, although any one else find the vette a lot more understeer prone than they expected?

Daily races are awesome @Mr P Loved them when I had time - just stay S rated to avoid the dive bombers :lol:

Much better in sector 1 and 2, not sure there is much left on the table there, not quite my PB in final sector but quicker overall lap. Submitting and waiting to see what next week holds - enjoyed this combination, although any one else find the vette a lot more understeer prone than they expected?

I tested the Viper right before it. Try that, then the Vette no longer feels understeery. :lol:

Back