GTP_WRS Week 67 : Little Red Corvette

• Thread starter EDK
  • 118 comments
EDK
Have you only tried the toggle on the screen, or have you selected/deselected in the Advanced Driving Options menu?

I have my ghost permanently disabled, I am in the same camp as Lucas on that one.

That was it, apparently the update toggled this setting 👍

Patiently waits for @Iceman to post a .0 split..... :lol:

I think it's on the cards for sure, but requires some luck with upshifts. This is the main reason I really wanted the ghost on this one, sometimes you'll exit turn 1 at the same speed as your ghost but something goes wrong with the upshift and it just pulls away. Makes for a faster restart :) I've heard rumblings you can quickly let off the gas prior to the upshift to improve shift times in cars like these with glacially slow transmissions, but I can't see any appreciable improvement.

Last edited:
That was it, apparently the update toggled this setting 👍

I think it's on the cards for sure, but requires some luck with upshifts. This is the main reason I really wanted the ghost on this one, sometimes you'll exit turn 1 at the same speed as your ghost but something goes wrong with the upshift and it just pulls away. Makes for a faster restart :) I've heard rumblings you can quickly let off the gas prior to the upshift to improve shift times in cars like these with glacially slow transmissions, but I can't see any appreciable improvement.
Yeah I've seen the same problem with upshifting, if you can't find the sweet spot your ghost leaves you behind. Exiting the corner in second and changing to third is the main problem.

Plans cancelled tonight so managed to get on.
Slightly slower in t2 as I braked a little early and had to use some of the inside yellow sausage curb.

At least I have a slightly better lap with @Mr P livery :)

Had a few 25.1's during my last stint in the early hours this morning... I was originally turning onto the start straight at the end of a lap in 2nd gear and gearing up to 3rd at redline roughly 83mph and would cross the start line at 104mph... I then found if you gear up to 3rd before turning onto the last right hander going onto the start/finish straight you could cross the start line at 105mph for a little boost :P

I still have yet to beat my old time with it but there's defo more speed with the early gearing before the lap starts ;)👍

Had a few 25.1's during my last stint in the early hours this morning... I was originally turning onto the start straight at the end of a lap in 2nd gear and gearing up to 3rd at redline roughly 83mph and would cross the start line at 104mph... I then found if you gear up to 3rd before turning onto the last right hander going onto the start/finish straight you could cross the start line at 105mph for a little boost :P

I still have yet to beat my old time with it but there's defo more speed with the early gearing before the lap starts ;)👍
You may be better staying in 3rd throughout second sector, the gear change because they are slow cost you time as @Iceman pointed out.

I'm hitting .1s staying in 3rd throughout last sector :cheers:

Wow I've been dropping to 2nd to roll around the last section consistently.. Thanks for the info I will experiment some more tonight 👍

I bet my laptime is slapped into next week within 3 laps due to this method.. why do I never consider these things early instead of flogging a dead horse for hours before starting to look into it? :P haha :cheers:

Wow I've been dropping to 2nd to roll around the last section consistently.. Thanks for the info I will experiment some more tonight 👍

I bet my laptime is slapped into next week within 3 laps due to this method.. why do I never consider these things early instead of flogging a dead horse for hours before starting to look into it? :P haha :cheers:
No worries:tup:

Back