GTP_WRS Week 68 : Project ACR's

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 134 comments
Thanks for the clarity sir.

@Gravitron and we can paint the wing too? Really want to turn some heads this week , though doubt ill be on the podium first week in....d2
Paint away - the "custom rear wing" has a default downforce of 215, so it's legal (or at least it should be).

Edit - tree'd again. I'm typing like I race - behind the curve.

Paint away - the "custom rear wing" has a default downforce of 215, so it's legal (or at least it should be).

Edit - tree'd again. I'm typing like I race - behind the curve.
I appreciate you helping out with the answers regardless. 👍

Initial splits, custom wing and BB 5/8:

I awesomely hit the downshift button instead of the Look Back button (to see how far I was ahead of the ghost) near the S/F line, so the overall time should have been a little better, but this is a good ghost to chase.

I have a room open in the GTP_WRS club, doing some testing for the races and a photoshoot, feel free to join. Photoshoot will start in ~40-50min.

EDIT: Room closed.

Last edited:
I don't think Fetchy is updating the splits...
We're working on it, seems Fetchy has fallen over.

And while we wait, feel free to post your plans for Project C.A.R.S in the coming weeks.

"Interesting" that PS4/XB1 are also limited to 16 online. :boggled:

Last edited:
The car seems a little excitable on the corner exits and T1 is killing me every lap but with TCS 1 and BB 8/9 I managed to solve the problem of going too fast into T1 and I can get more manageable exits and I've improved a little! :D

1'09.460

Is there a brake marker of any kind that can be used for the bus stop. :boggled:

Suggestions appreciated. :bowdown:

Edit:

Is it safe to assume that time of day (temperature) will not have any impact on grip or hp?

Last edited:
Most likely 9 out of 10 splits are not rounded at the moment. Never could solve when the replay shows rounded splits. :odd:

@RuddRacer I look out* the sidewindow, there.

I might make that assumption about power, not grip. Ask the devs...

Is there a brake marker of any kind that can be used for the bus stop. :boggled:

Suggestions appreciated. :bowdown:

Edit:

Is it safe to assume that time of day (temperature) will not have any impact on grip or hp?

I take the black sign on the left side (respectively the transition from the gray area to grass) as breaking zone.

Last edited:
Initial splits:

1'10.819

Technical section is my PIA. :banghead:

would be another fall down if there was it. I feel like I'm D3 driver unfortunately jumped into D2 through those first three events :D

Initial splits:

1'10.819

Technical section is my PIA. :banghead:

would be another fall down if there was it. I feel like I'm D3 driver unfortunately jumped into D2 through those first three events :D
Welcome to the club. I still feel way over my head after the ABS0 event pushed me into D2.

For anyone struggling, here is the winning lap from @PASM , the last time we used Daytona RC. The lines are basically the same, the Camaro was a bit quicker though. The exits onto the long straights are very important. The exit of the bus stop should be full on the gas if you line it up correctly.

No improvement thru sector 3 from previous splits, but netted 3 tenths at the line. I have had quite a few .7s thru sector 3, but this lap I had personal bests in sectors 4 and 5. Not much time to get on that part of the track, but sector 2 could use quite a bit of work.

Last edited:
WARNING: DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO :)

Almost had a
NOPE!
1'08.573

...but went a little wide at the bus stop exit. :grumps: Think I can do it again, realizing how much you can throw this beast around. :drool: That *might* explain the damage in the following pictures. :P

NOTE: When checking the bus stop for clean/dirty, the photo-mode preview can differ from the actual picture. The photo saved and exported is the final proof.

So this:
20150505_213414.jpg

Can turn into this: :irked: (Bump the camera up to 1/8000 to stop the action.)
Daytona Road Course_17.jpg

Let's make it easy on our replay reviewers and not submit something this close. Thanks. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused. @Gravitron's pictures shows, what lap is dirty if the wheel behind white line, but in the @PASM lap video (32") all four wheels behind white line and the lap is clean. White line rules are for bus stop only?

I'm a bit confused. @Gravitron's pictures shows, what lap is dirty if the wheel behind white line, but in the @PASM lap video (32") all four wheels behind white line and the lap is clean. White line rules are for bus stop only?
The rules are:

• Yellow rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.

So the white lines are meaningless in this case. In the bottom photo my front tire's contact patch is not on or above tarmac nor yellow rumbles. It's fully on the grass, which is illegal.

The top picture (the photo-preview/walkaround) makes it *look* legal, but after taking the photo, it was not.

Last edited:
The rules are:

• Yellow rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.

So the white lines are meaningless in this case. In the bottom photo my front tire's contact patch is not on or above tarmac nor yellow rumbles. It's fully on the grass, which is illegal.

The top picture (the photo-preview/walkaround) makes it *look* legal, but after taking the photo, it was not.

Thanks. I thought you front right wheel in the bottom photo is on the tarmac by inch or smtg.

Initial splits. Is it just me or does this car have an unusually quiet exhaust note for a VIPER? I'm finding it impossible to shift by ear, which I find helpful when using hood view.

1'09.691

Initial splits. Is it just me or does this car have an unusually quiet exhaust note for a VIPER? I'm finding it impossible to shift by ear, which I find helpful when using hood view.

1'09.691
I couldn't hear the Lambo over the tyre screeching, I feel the Viper is better to hear seeing as though it has a deeper pitch than the tyre squealing. 👍

WARNING: DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO :)

Almost had a

...but went a little wide at the bus stop exit. :grumps: Think I can do it again, realizing how much you can throw this beast around. :drool: That *might* explain the damage in the following pictures. :P

NOTE: When checking the bus stop for clean/dirty, the photo-mode preview can differ from the actual picture. The photo saved and exported is the final proof.

So this:
View attachment 360814

Can turn into this: :irked: (Bump the camera up to 1/8000 to stop the action.)
View attachment 360813

Let's make it easy on our replay reviewers and not submit something this close. Thanks. :gtpflag:
looks to me like it is still on tarmac(overgrown with grass) i would consider it like clean :embarrassed:
u3zPEncodpj8.jpg

1'09.841

Happy with T1, not happy with braking into 2nd hairpin, lost there lots of time - probably around 6 tenths - by late braking and slide at exit, happy with overall performance. few thousandts at the line. Now mastering the T2 :banghead:

Back