GTP_WRS Week 7 : Crampons not needed

• Thread starter Argon
  • 459 comments
  • White lines denote track edge unless backed by rumble strips.
@Argon

What about white lines that are backed by a wall? Going into turn 4 the car will just fit inside the white lines without touching the wall.

@Argon

What about white lines that are backed by a wall? Going into turn 4 the car will just fit inside the white lines without touching the wall.
But isn't that irrelevant? Can you really get 3 wheels outside the white line?

I was double checking to make sure I didn't scrape wall when I saw this.

Well crap I can't get the image to upload, but it's the left rear just outside the line.

Search photos for #turn4, both photos are same frame.

Last edited:
Reactions: EDK
@Argon

That is a dirty lap, sorry but if we start messing about with what was a pretty clear rule when I posted this in the OP then others will feel somewhat cheated if they have had to throw away laps sticking to the white line rules

That is a dirty lap, sorry but if we start messing about with what was a pretty clear rule when I posted this in the OP then others will feel somewhat cheated if they have had to throw away laps sticking to the white line rules

No problem, had to ask.

Probably my last session for this week’. It’s taken some effort from me to achieve a target time but, I’ve enjoyed the challenge of this combo. Left a few tenths but nailing it all together could take me another week. :boggled:

Second session, 150 km total so far, using the tune from EDK (thanks!)

Seems pretty good but still room for improvement in the last sector - got issues with the last corner for some reason.

After 270 km these are my final splits

Reached my goal with about 0.3 from optimal time, so satisfied to submit.

Hopefully I can join the online race on Wednesday to enjoy the combo more :)

My first TT here...

I haven't put much time in on this one, found a few slower splits here but mostly all faster! Plenty of places I gain on the ghost then lose it again, but didn't get the time this week. Next week I may be faster, had fun having a go!

My first TT here...

I haven't put much time in on this one, found a few slower splits here but mostly all faster! Plenty of places I gain on the ghost then lose it again, but didn't get the time this week. Next week I may be faster, had fun having a go!

Welcome to the TT's, good to have you join the merry band here :cheers:

T2 was a big winner here, others small losers, compared to BEST times. There's that string again.

I don't get away too well out of turn 3 (starts to head up hill), and I get wheel spin as I add power. To compensate I've raised LSD initial torque to 15, and may go higher. I have next to no clue regarding tuning and wonder if I'm barking up the wrong tree ? Oh yeah, I still use auto gears (sorry @EDK) and at that corner I'm in 2nd.
Anyhoo

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Not the greatest 1st sector, poor 2nd sector, however 3 and 4.. were better going close to .2xx up at the line.. been a frustrating combo for me..:confused:

Back