GTP_WRS Week 7 : Crampons not needed

• Thread starter Argon
  • 459 comments
Hi special k.

Race setting top left of your screen, look in there for penalty settings.

I'm surprised everyone is not running penalty at max and all aids off all the time, my lobby rooms are, maybe that's why nobody ever comes in to race lol

Thanks will look out for that in another TT.

I must be blind seen the replay options but never that option :lol:

A shame Mr P isn’t participating anymore, he was very helpful in the tuning events:(
I am sure he will be back.

What do you want the car to do differently, I can help.

EDK
I am sure he will be back.

What do you want the car to do differently, I can help.

I’m not running in this weeks, tried it for half hour today with both your tunes but that’s all the time I have had on a track I have never driven apart from campaign mode.

I am one of those that need hours on track to set a half decent time. From what I remember of this track in campaign mode it was a real struggle, didn’t understand the layout at all, especially sector 2 :P

Will see what time I have for next event though.... then perhaps you will be helping me in that one :cheers:

EDK

T1 is a mystery......

Improved by about a tenth at the line.

I gave up on T1 after my last session! I figure the exit from the last corner and the ability to get and stay on the power pedal just before the apex of turn 1 make all the difference, along with apex speed :lol: simples.
The only adjustable drag is from the rear wing. I have tried maximum front DF and can get 20.9’s. I just haven’t hooked up the second corner to carry that time :crazy:

Okay, so newb question here. It's okay for a wheel or two to clip the grass, so long as two of them are on the track at all times?

Did one last push, and found myself in the wall many times. Almost gave up hope of beating my last time, the red numbers taunting me on the screen, when it all just suddenly clicked.

I probably won't get another run in, but I'm sure I'll dream of that optimal time figure, which tells me that I have another two tenths to find.

Okay, so newb question here. It's okay for a wheel or two to clip the grass, so long as two of them are on the track at all times?

Did one last push, and found myself in the wall many times. Almost gave up hope of beating my last time, the red numbers taunting me on the screen, when it all just suddenly clicked.

I probably won't get another run in, but I'm sure I'll dream of that optimal time figure, which tells me that I have another two tenths to find.

Yes, we only require 2 tires/wheels on track.

Made a small improvement from that last posted but out of time at this end. Ran stock besides aero and gears.

Not sure what to make of this but it is pretty close to the wall. Side mirror appears safe? Had wall collision detection on strict and to invalidate time but no red lap was registered.

6FDCEDEF-6844-49CD-9D3D-665F4E29BBCB.jpeg

Looking forward to the next one.

:cheers:

Made a small improvement from that last posted but out of time at this end. Ran stock besides aero and gears.

Not sure what to make of this but it is pretty close to the wall. Side mirror appears safe? Had wall collision detection on strict and to invalidate time but no red lap was registered.

View attachment 706362

Looking forward to the next one.

:cheers:

Looks clean but wow :eek:

I think it's getting to that time where my very limited talent has run out or has reached it's limits.

After this week I can say that I no longer fear the mountain although I might try crampons next time :lol:

Last edited:
I think it's getting to that time where my very limited talent has run out or has reached it's limits.

After this week I can say that I no longer fear the mountain although I might try crampons next time :lol:

That’s an awesome first sector Mike :bowdown:
Edit: just seen your edit, still an awesome time! :D

I started this week hating Bathurst but now I really like it, just wish I could get more than 3 clean laps in a row! Looking forward to finding out what next weeks addiction is going to be.

That’s an awesome first sector Mike :bowdown:

I started this week hating Bathurst but now I really like it, just wish I could get more than 3 clean laps in a row! Looking forward to finding out what next weeks addiction is going to be.

Thanks but I entered it wrong, oops :nervous:

Sorry, just a mere mortal but I try hard :lol:

Meant to say also that I am still running with @Mr P 's tune and the only change I have made is to the final gear which originally came from @EDK and I set mine to 4500 as I found the previous was clanging on the limiter in the most awkward spots. Thanks to both for a pretty awesome tune :cheers:

Had 64 trips up and down the mountain in one go, so a busy time of it. Ran my best time on lap 53 and it was like night and day compared to my previous attempts. @StigsTC was acting as a great coach to help me get a few extra tenths out of the car. I almost can't believe that my 3rd sector is 4th fastest as I type this - flew down the mountain like I was on a tofu delivery. Last sector wasn't ideal so potential for even more.

Back