GTP_WRS Week 7 : Crampons not needed

• Thread starter Argon
  • 459 comments
The walls are just killing me. And can't figure out the setup of the gears..

The method I use is to select:

1. SETTINGS (open ended spanner icon ( 3/8" Whitworth I think)
2. scroll down to Transmission
3. Select Fully Customised Transmission
4. Select and set Final Gear slider all the way to right (typically 5.000 or more)
5. Set Max.speed to minimum (typically 124 perhaps lower)
6. While watching graph to right of screen, select and move the 1st gear slider all the way to left. Enter/select
7. Continuing to watch graph while adjusting gears, select and move Top gear (5/6/7th) slider all the way to right.
These last two actions have closed the gear range down (Close Ratio).
8. Adjust the other gears to "space" them equally between 1st and Top gears.
9. Adjust the Final gear so that the Top Gear reads for example 0.774/172. The 172 is an approx max speed in that gear and as you move the Final gear slider left/right it will alter that speed reading UP/DOWN.

There is no point setting that speed at 200 for the Mazda Miata as it CANNOT go that fast.
When you want to race or practice at a track you will set the Final gear so that at the fastest part of track the engine just reaches max revs.
In fact, it may be worth setting the top speed 5-10mph higher if racing, to account for "drafting/picking up the tow/slipstreaming. Also, individual gears can be adjusted for tracks that don't quite fit the equal divisions rule. That is more advanced and for now probably better to stick to the basic setup.
If you intend to change the wheels or make any other adjustments to car's performance leave the Transmission adjustments till last because those other changes can affect the gearbox settings.

Hope this is clear and helps at least a little.

TEAM HEDGEHOGS FOREVER. RAH, RAH, RAH!!!

Edit. Dammit, @EDK beat me to the draw. He's good.

EDK
Reset to default on the gearbox.

Then move the final all the way to the right. I think that's 5500, not sure, but all the way right.

Next, move the top speed all the way left. I think that might be 112 MPH, not sure. But to the lowest number, all the way left.

Then proceed with setting the gears in my post.

And for reference, I also shared the MPH of each gear at the bottom of my tune post. Even if you use KPH, easy to convert in Google.

Thank you for the tip. I will give it a try.

Thank you all for the help..

Hope to give this a good few hours tomorrow... After I've jumped out of a plane a few times! :D :D :D

Got sidetracked by Yamayabi in qualifying, felt I needed to get a headstart learning the track as I've only circulated a few times in the one make skyline race when it came out.

Another go at it. Tried some of the posted set-up's but ended up going back to mine. My driving style must be way different. Something I noticed in a couple of posted set-up's was changes to power and weight, one was 92/93 and the other was 70/85. If I've got this wrong please let me know. Didn't think we were allowed to alter those.

:cheers:

Another go at it. Tried some of the posted set-up's but ended up going back to mine. My driving style must be way different. Something I noticed in a couple of posted set-up's was changes to power and weight, one was 92/93 and the other was 70/85. If I've got this wrong please let me know. Didn't think we were allowed to alter those.

I’m pretty sure those are the ride height? At least that’s what I’ve set them as!

Amazing T1 :rolleyes: turns into 0.9 at the line, thanks @EDK for the tips on braking late (just before 50m @ 100%) for turn 1 and final corner! :cheers: Never use 1st gear. 👍

21.565 :grumpy:

Power and Weight MUST NOT BE ALTERED 👍

Fetchy has now been arrested for lewd behaviour in a nunnery so we are setting up a GoFundMe to raise the bail. Whilst we raise the $1.75 (£1.25ish in proper money :P), which may take quite some time, here's another manual leaderboard that comes with the same caution as before, may contain errors so guide only.

Splits included up to post 253 from @Gravitron

full

Keep running, I'll do my best to keep with you periodically until we celebrate the return of Fetchy :cheers:

P.S Ignore the position column it's screwed up but order is correct ;)

Definitely NOT allowed to alter power or weight. Ride Height is indeed normally the first line of a post. The guys outside the US normally have theirs set to millimeters, which is why you cannot match them on your setup.

P.S Ignore the position column it's screwed up but order is correct ;)
Seems fine until you get past 11. :odd:

11, 21, 12, 13, 16, 22.

I think you need to go back to school. ;) :lol:

I’ve got a feeling my T2 split is a second higher than it should be, I think given my time that I’ve misread it. Unfortunately I’m not near my PS4 to check and will be away for the weekend, will try and check on Monday before submission.

Really sorry about that guys :nervous:

EDK
Seems fine until you get past 11. :odd:

11, 21, 12, 13, 16, 22.

I think you need to go back to school. ;) :lol:

You could always read the post where I said the position was screwed up :P:lol:

I’ve got a feeling my T2 split is a second higher than it should be, I think given my time that I’ve misread it. Unfortunately I’m not near my PS4 to check and will be away for the weekend, will try and check on Monday before submission.

Really sorry about that guys :nervous:

Don't sweat it, post the correct splits when you can and I'll try to work some magic on another leader board update :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back