GTP_WRS Week 7 : Crampons not needed

• Thread starter Argon
  • 459 comments
Did my normal pre work run this morning, man Ran 15 laps, only one wasn't invalid due to hitting wall. Ran some great sector times but just couldn't put them together or stay off the wall. Saw my second sub 47 T2 today combined with a 21.1 T1 on same lap, got way too excited and blew the car right into the wall on the next corner after the esses. :banghead: If I could just put this together I think I have a top 25 time, but I can't stay off the 🤬 walls.

Did my normal pre work run this morning, man Ran 15 laps, only one wasn't invalid due to hitting wall. Ran some great sector times but just couldn't put them together or stay off the wall. Saw my second sub 47 T2 today combined with a 21.1 T1 on same lap, got way too excited and blew the car right into the wall on the next corner after the esses. :banghead: If I could just put this together I think I have a top 25 time, but I can't stay off the 🤬 walls.
I ran a lap that achieved my goal last night and exited too early, so the replay is hanging at the line........

However, I believe I have about 4-5 tenths room for improvement in that lap, so intend to go get it this weekend.

My latest lap looks like it might not be clean. Can now only get within 3/4 tenths of it, but the time is certainly there. Back to the track for me!

I had a lap like this the other day, looks like mirror touches wall, so that is when I turned on the wall penalty and have it invalidate any lap I touch the wall. I set it on strictest setting. Sucks I am only getting like 3 or 4 clean laps out of 20.

I had a lap like this the other day, looks like mirror touches wall, so that is when I turned on the wall penalty and have it invalidate any lap I touch the wall. I set it on strictest setting. Sucks I am only getting like 3 or 4 clean laps out of 20.

Mine is more track limits. Where do you change the penalties in Time Trial mode?

Pre weekend splits with some improvement after being a little more brave re speed and gear selection on certain corners (thanks WRS teammates) - more time to find especially T4 though.....

Using EDK gearing and elements of Mr P's tune but left dampers and ARB as stock.

The wall collision setting is a must for this combo, at least is a top priority recommendation. Can save so many nerves. ^^

Yep agree, otherwise you can be like me and think you have a great lap and your 17 year old kids tells you he thinks you hit a wall, which of course I denied until watching the replay......my son thought it was funny.

Yep agree, otherwise you can be like me and think you have a great lap and your 17 year old kids tells you he thinks you hit a wall, which of course I denied until watching the replay......my son thought it was funny.

Or, indeed, wear out your x button playing virtually the entire lap frame by frame :crazy:

The wall collision setting is a must for this combo, at least is a top priority recommendation. Can save so many nerves. ^^

I didn't know you could do that until this thread, you learn something new every day about this game.

Apparently didn't hit the wall here (God knows how), but have since set a better lap by taking a tighter line at Forest Elbow.

4900008822896067584_0.jpg

I didn't know you could do that until this thread, you learn something new every day about this game.

Apparently didn't hit the wall here (God knows how), but have since set a better lap by taking a tighter line at Forest Elbow.

View attachment 705902
Exactly, comunity events are the way you learn the most, plus anyone else can learn something from you. ^^ nobody is perfect, but together we are damn close :D :cheers:

Woke up, had a glass of water and did some more laps.
I feel like this is my threshold of speed at this track. My optimal time is few tenths faster, but I'm mostly getting red flagged laps at this point.

Back