GTP_WRS Week 7 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 113 comments
Congrats to everyone, some crazy times out there this week on a very tough challenge ( almost a third of entrants slower than gold:crazy: ) and never thought anyone would drop that low into the 14's.

Here's my PAL replay, very close on the entrance to the final corner but I'm confident I keep a smidgen of tyre in the tarmac.

1'16.133---GTP_Insatiable
gflagjn4.gif
Very smooth, although I think you're losing a bit of time by using TCS

1'15.679---GTP_Plato
gflagjn4.gif
Very fast, but I think you can gain some time by being more aggressive into turn 4, going in faster and letting the front slide into the corner seemed to work a lot better for me

1'14.944---GTP_RudiRaser
gflagjn4.gif
Awesome lap

Attachments

• GTP_Corne_WRS_Week7.zip
    232.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Visual specs correct and laps clean!! Nice runs, gentlemen!!

GTP_LinPark - 1'15.651 -
picture.php

GTP_DigitalBaka - 1'18.224 -
picture.php

GTP_A7XMaverick - 1'15.383 -
picture.php

Last ... again :lol:

Yes, but at least you are not last overall (Handicap rank) like me :ouch:
It's a shame, but I had to submit my lap time with the spike problem on my pedals...but still, I think it wouldn't have help so much.
Sending my replay later on.

Awesome videos Rudi and Dan...I think it is very interesting to see your steering inputs. Super Class!

Congrats to everyone, some crazy times out there this week on a very tough challenge ( almost a third of entrants slower than gold:crazy: ) and never thought anyone would drop that low into the 14's.

Here's my PAL replay, very close on the entrance to the final corner but I'm confident I keep a smidgen of tyre in the tarmac.

1'16.133---GTP_Insatiable
gflagjn4.gif
Very smooth, although I think you're losing a bit of time by using TCS

1'15.679---GTP_Plato
gflagjn4.gif
Very fast, but I think you can gain some time by being more aggressive into turn 4, going in faster and letting the front slide into the corner seemed to work a lot better for me

1'14.944---GTP_RudiRaser
gflagjn4.gif
Awesome lap

Thanks for checking, should of given this one a bit more effort. Gave up on it before the weekend because I was getting to frustrated with it, maybe should of had a go over the weekend as I am unhappy with the lap posted, hopefully give a better account of myself for week 8 👍

All I can say is wow! The times at the front are insane, after watching the "fast" replays it looks kind of like mine, I'm just slower everywhere. I lost the most time in the sweeper out of the tunnel and the last series of turns before the start-finish. Anyways, know what I have to work on.

Here is my NTSC replay

DDiamond congrats on the Div 5 win!

Attachments

• GTP darkstar74 WRSwk7.zip
    237.7 KB · Views: 10
Here is my replay. hoping to get more time on this next challenge.

Attachments

• GTP_JBRINKLEY_Week7.zip
    232.9 KB · Views: 8
I agree with everyone else, amazing times from the winners. Well done.

Well done to the D3 podiums, just missed out AGAIN :grumpy:

Here's my replay

Attachments

• GTP_NIZZY WRS Week 7.zip
    232.2 KB · Views: 8
Yes, but at least you are not last overall (Handicap rank) like me :ouch:

True, the overall ranking makes it bearable.👍

Anyway: magnificent times (which are out of reach for me) achieved by a lot of people .

My replay, i got closer to the tunnel wall then i thought i was :dopey:

Attachments

• GTP_poolhaas.WRS.week7.rar
    234 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Congrats to Dan and all the division winners and podiums.
Some great competition going on throughout the divisions. 👍
Thanks for the videos, guys.

1'15.994---GTP_JKMAYOL
gflagjn4.gif

Clean with the correct specs.
Visual specs correct and laps clean!! Nice runs, gentlemen!!

GTP_LinPark - 1'15.651 -
picture.php

GTP_DigitalBaka - 1'18.224 -
picture.php

GTP_A7XMaverick - 1'15.383 -
picture.php

Agreed.
Great laps all and not a two alike out of the four.
Great T1, Maverick!

My only suggestion is to DigitalBaka.
It looks to me as though you intentionally took the inside coming out of the tunnel when you should stay left and then turn into the corner later than you did.
It really cost you some speed and that carries all the way up the hill.
Great lap that looked like many of mine. :)

I'll grab some more NTSC replays for viewing.

Well done to all who survived this week with sanity intact 👍 Particularly if you did last week as well....

The aliens are, well, other-worldly indeed. Speaking for myself, I am getting slower week by week rather than improving. My fastest lap wasn't anywhere near my best T1 and T2 but had a bit of a flyer on T3.. consistency, as ever, being my biggest downfall.

Many congratulations to the various division podiums and anyone who exceeded their own expectations. I beat my previous best time for this challenge prior to the WRS by 1 second anyway, which is something :)

My replay anyway (numbered -009):

Attachments

• GTP_Vagabond.WRS.Week7.Replay.zip
    232.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
GTP_SHigSpeed
gflagjn4.gif

You should have stayed in second gear for the first sector but overall it was a good lap. 👍

GTP_SHigSpeed
gflagjn4.gif

You should have stayed in second gear for the first sector but overall it was a good lap. 👍

Thanks! Yeah, I know, I know... I would try for a while and get an alien flier T1, but it was far too inconsistent for me to justify getting the extra couple of tenths that ONE time and expect to string together the rest of the lap! <LOL>

Some day I'll be worthy...

_SHig

Thanks! Yeah, I know, I know... I would try for a while and get an alien flier T1, but it was far too inconsistent for me to justify getting the extra couple of tenths that ONE time and expect to string together the rest of the lap! <LOL>

Some day I'll be worthy...

_SHig

I used to look up to Division 1 as alien because I was D2 Bronze in GT5P WRS. If you put some time in it, anything is possible. :)

I used to look up to Division 1 as alien because I was D2 Bronze in GT5P WRS. If you put some time in it, anything is possible. :)

I still look up to D1 and that includes you these days. :sly:

Thanks DDiamond for checking my replay. 👍

Last edited:
My replay, i got closer to the tunnel wall then i thought i was :dopey:

Sorry poolhaas. Yes you were close to the wall entering the tunnel. I did not hear any contact noises but had another look to check. Near 50.4 Your mirror is in the left wall, as it enters the tunnel. I tried a second time to pause at this point to take a picture. Had several tries before I managed it and took a couple of pictures at 50.433. I took two pictures but not sure how to post them.

GTP_poolhaas
rflagnv1.gif

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5903/p0604110249.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8996/p0604110251.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my replay for this week. Congrats to all the division and podium finishers :D

Attachments

• GTP_Shigegaki_Week7.zip
    234.2 KB · Views: 9
I will get my replay up tomorrow. I have to get my usb stick back from a friend.

LIL_KACHING

Yeah, I was GT4 D1 an age ago. I just need way more hours to get the competitive times, and I don't have as much as I did back in the day...

_SHig

Congrats to all division winners and podiums 👍
Awesome times up in D1 and cheers for posting the videos too.
And of course :cheers: to all.

Sorry poolhaas. Yes you were close to the wall entering the tunnel. I did not hear any contact noises but had another look to check. Near 50.4 Your mirror is in the left wall, as it enters the tunnel. I tried a second time to pause at this point to take a picture. Had several tries before I managed it and took a couple of pictures at 50.433. I took two pictures but not sure how to post them.

GTP_poolhaas
rflagnv1.gif

Disclaimer: My first season in WRS.

Man, this is crazy close. I checked my lap before submitting, but I would have never thought to make sure the outer part of my side mirror was clean. Maybe I ran too much GT Academy, and got used to cutting the walls super tight, but I try and run as tight as possible without contact.

Needless to say if the final ruling is that this is a dq lap, I am worried. I cannot look at my reply right now. I have about 12 saved laps within 2 tenths of my best time, but never thought to check the outer edge of the mirror. I am nervous right now.

Maybe I incorrectly just thought the outer part of the car lined up with the tires, since that is what we always seem to be talking about. When I watch my replays, in the past, my tires have been my main focus.

EDIT:
This was freaking me out too much, so I stopped the movie I was watching and fired up the ps3. I would hate to be put in the disciplinary log. I want to be someone that everyone can always trust, and I would never want an undeserved standing. The joy in all of this, is that we are all running the exact same way.

I checked my submitted time, and thankfully, the mirror is clean. It was about 18 inches from the tunnel wall on entry, but 2/3 of the way through the tunnel it got as close as a few inches. I decided to check a couple of my other laps that were within a tenth of my fastest lap. Those got pretty close as well, but clean.

What is weird, though, and you guys probably all know about this, but on all 3 replays I watched... The time when the clock stops on the replays, is different than the time ran. But, the time that shows for the replay on the file is correct to what was run. It is only by a few hundredths, but the file time, and the replay time are different.

Last edited:
01GTP
My only suggestion is to DigitalBaka.
It looks to me as though you intentionally took the inside coming out of the tunnel when you should stay left and then turn into the corner later than you did.
It really cost you some speed and that carries all the way up the hill.
Great lap that looked like many of mine. :)

Thanks for the critque! Exactly what I was hoping for by join the WRS. :)

T3 is not my strong suit as I was often DQ'd in or before the tunnel for contact, usually from spinning through the end of the big turn. Never got a good feel for the car. This replay is the fastest I've run this particular event which is something of a disappointment to me. However, I took some time tonight and finally golded the A-8 license test so I am way up on confidence. :sly: I will take another run at this soon and earn gold here as well. Again, thanks for the tip.

Regarding replays, having trouble getting my USB drive to play nice with the PS3. I have loads of these laying around so I should be able to find one that works soon. I will post up when I do. Glad I read here first though. I would never have thought to check mirrors and such if there weren't some sign of contact. I see now I will need to scour for the unobvious, miniscule details as well.

Amazing the things you can learn by "driving" pixels around a screen!

Here is my replay:

NTSC replay 005

Attachments

• GTP RedReevos Week 7.zip
    230.1 KB · Views: 8
1'15.486---GTP_RedReevos
gflagjn4.gif

1'15.958---GTP_SHigSpeed
gflagjn4.gif

1'16.557---GTP_JBRINKLEY
gflagjn4.gif

1'16.912---GTP_Shigegaki
gflagjn4.gif

1'17.340---GTP_DDiamond
gflagjn4.gif

All I have to say is that DDiamond, you may turn the tires too much creating the tire smoke in your lap.
It could be you were just going too fast.

Shigegaki, you should learn the rpm's of the gears your changing for each week.
I say this because you were downshifting too early (may be on purpose) and at the end of the lap you made some quick gear changes back and forth, which will always cost you time.
Take a lap at the beginning of the week to find these shift points and the rpm's it drops to.
You don't want to downshift to a gear that's too high in rpm's and then need to upshift right away.

Again, 5 good laps that were all performed differently.

I did notice that this week replays show a bit of red between shifts, mostly between 2nd and 3rd when short shifting.

Oh yeah, SHigSpeed, I like the horn. 👍

Oh and another thing for us in the USA (others too?)................
Get the PSN back up for more than 12 hours, c'mon. :grumpy: :banghead: :( :mad:

I still look up to D1 and that includes you these days. :sly:

Thanks DDiamond for checking my replay. 👍

Back In GT5p WRS no way I would have thought to be on your level.:P

BTW I still look up to D1 silver as alien and D1 Gold as STIGS. ;)

Back