GTP_WRS Week 70 : AuTopless

• Thread starter EDK
  • 123 comments
@Special_K @Mr P

So are we saying gift cars are slower after all? Or was it just the compound change?

No false alarm, gift cars maybe different not checked but I doubt it. Just a school boy error on my part. Sorry guys.

I almost always sell a car I've bought if i get the same one as a gift, so 99 percent of my cars are gifts

What a find if this is how it is

I always wondered how guys were so fast in the driving school events in these Mazdas, they have a strange gear change and makes me wonder if it's the same for everyone else.

What start line speed are people getting?

Something is not right, how can Ron and I be nearly .5 off the pace through 1 turn?

It's day one and a brand new track. When I put the combo up yesterday, I was in a lobby for a bit with Roamer and PASM. We were all within a couple tenths of one another.

And my time in the lobby was actually slightly better than what I posted here. With a brand new car that I only put the livery on, and tuning restricted in the lobby.

Came out of the lobby and ran maybe 10 laps and set these. But that was after quite a bit of running for testing on the prior day, and in the lobby as well.

Not sure about start line speed, and it's really early on the straight, so terminal speed might be a better indicator. What braking point are you guys using for turn 1, and what gear? I use the cones, and am braking about halfway between the initial brake marker cones and the turn in cone. I use second gear, but shift down late to not upset the car and work to keep the car from drifting/rotating. Get to the apex and hammer out of there.

Maybe it's not the car, or the game. Maybe it's a matter of learning the combo. I'm not fast everywhere, but I'm fast often enough that I would prefer that to be the default assumption.

Yeah it's just the compound change mate! It was well spotted by Special K but not what we thought it was 👍

Cheers guys @Mr P @Special_K 👍

I was worried for a while there!

Glad to know I don't need to buy an entire new garage, plus it would kind of muddy the results of previous TT's if there were disadvantages to gift cars

EDK
I think we would have figured that out a while ago. :)

Hope you have a chance to give this one a go, it's loads of fun.

Very true, just the initial surprise took me off guard, plus I wasn't sure if maybe it was from a recent update.

Me too it looks mega fun - you can't not love an mx-5! I barely managed last week's though so i guess I'll have to see what this week holds, inbetween work and studying that is :boggled:

Last edited:
@ Roamer... can I ask why your T1 is not as fast since your early splits? 29.3 and 29.0 is quite a bit slower than your original 28.6? sorry just curious.. feel free to tell me to sod off haha :lol:👍

I've not been able to go back and look at mine, but it's possible I was the one with the T1 Typo on Sunday.

EDK
I think you had a T1 typo.

No probs guys I was just curious, I ran about 20 laps on this event and never dipped below 29.0 maybe I have another tenth or so there at the most.. it's a very strange bend that felt wrong no matter how I approached it haha :D The rest of the track is Great! It's just that turn 1 has no steady rhythm for me 👎

Thanks for not being offended by my curiosity/noseyness ;)👍

Back