GTP_WRS Week 70 : AuTopless

• Thread starter EDK
  • 123 comments
Been giving this one a try. No where near you guys in T1.. a.2 has been my best.
If someone could post a T1 video that would be awesome.

What’s best BB?
Hard to explain, you have to slow down a lot more than you think to keep the car settled. A late gear change down to 3rd trying to maintain about 57/58 mph. Do not shift to 2nd gear in this car for turn 1, the gear changes are to slow and it costs you time.

Eventually managed to put my splits together, lost a small amount of time in the final sector.

Tips:

Start finish line. You need to be crossing the line at 79mph, a lot of the time I was only doing 78mph, it makes a difference.

T2 left sweeper, here you need to hold between 75/76mph, on my previous splits I was only managing to hold between 74/75mph, with the back straight after it that extra speed makes all the difference.

T2 sharp right hander, keep your revs up going around this turn, you don't want to scrub off much speed here. Just feather the throttle around this turn, helps with turn in as well.

Final turn, start braking as soon as you hit the rumble after the braking cones, you can get on the gas earlier than you think exiting this turn.

Hope this helps some of you guys :cheers:

Last edited:
Crazy splits guys! :bowdown: Won't torture myself anymore on this *bleepity bleep* combo.... I will just get my coat
getmecoat.gif

GLA in the results :cheers:

Last edited:
Crazy splits guys! :bowdown: Won't torture myself anymore on this mind**** combo.... I will just get my coat
getmecoat.gif

GLA in the results :cheers:
:lol: I think I am at my limit, not sure I will get much more time to run this as I have made the island team for snooker and need to spend time practicing for my matches on the 13th of April.

Didn't know you could get that emoticon, that's quality :lol:

I hit my target of trying to get nice round number splits. Just a pity they're not quicker :lol:

On another note, I just bought the game TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge and I would recommend it highly. It's currently reduced from €59.99 down to €19.99 in Europe and the sense of speed, particularly after some "hot lapping" in the Eunos, is amazing. The guys who race on these roads in real life are complete heroes! :eek:

Can't figure out turn 1...I was telling Javier @roamer2629 and Kevin @EDK last night that it's almost as awkward as Copse on Silverstone, but he said naaa. :lol:

A new PB in the 3rd sector. :)
It's not a corner you want to go into fast, slow in fast out approach is best for turn 1.

Do most of your braking in 4th gear and then change to 3rd just before you start turning in. I think I start turning in at the cone, maybe just after. Be smòoth on turn in and accelerate out at about 58mph.

Can't figure out turn 1...I was telling Javier @roamer2629 and Kevin @EDK last night that it's almost as awkward as Copse on Silverstone, but he said naaa. :lol:
There's a few bunches of high grass on the left after the 100m sign - I use the first as a braking indicator and turn in right before I can see the apex. Coast into it and try to get onto the throttle a good junk before the apex. Do not hit the dirt but use the curbs. Seeing as slow as 88km/h(54-55mp/h) on your speedo can still be a really low 29 if you exit perfectly.

Back