GTP_WRS Week 70 : AuTopless

• Thread starter EDK
  • 123 comments
Perfect car, interesting track, and oh ya that first corner is cray cray, I'm amazed I've gotten down to a 29.1 :dopey:
Trying different times of day I find that noon gives good road surface detail, especially going into turn 1 where you can see the skid marks entering it, I'm using those as brake markers but as I'm lost in turn 1 not sure what's best.
Seems like Kev @EDK has the best time at T1, maybe he could share a video of it :)

Observation from slow guy :dopey:
Turn 1 is kinda funky because your trying to hit an apex that you can't see to gauge turn in point.
But...I don't think that's where all the time is lost or gained.

The front straight is a major percentage of your T1 time. Hint, hint, hint.

:cheers:

Well... just realised this is on the short course. I'll have to do some new laps, but if it's as much fun as the long course then it shouldn't be a problem!
I just removed your splits, due to this. After @EDK removed his splits, that left yours from the full course as the fastest on the board, and I'd guess that was because the full course allows faster Start/Finish line speeds because the final corner is not as tight.

I just removed your splits, due to this. After @EDK removed his splits, that left yours from the full course as the fastest on the board, and I'd guess that was because the full course allows faster Start/Finish line speeds because the final corner is not as tight.

Ah OK. No worries! Overall lap time would have been a lot slower! Will hopefully get some laps in this evening or tomorrow.

Lost time in the second sector but gained half a tenth across the line. Maintaining a good smooth speed around the hairpin on second sector is the way to go for a good second sector split. Not easy to do though.

Need to find that tenth in second sector tomorrow, had a few high .9 First sectors now but tough to string it all together in a slow car.

I really hate turn 1

On the map that bend looks so easy.. but on approach for braking it's one of the most deceptive and awkward right angle turns I can remember in any GT game? It's that little bump on the inside of the rumble :crazy: I will never get my best lap here simply because as soon as I get a low 29.0 (which is about 1 in 20 laps) I religiously stuff the lap somewhere after it haha :lol:

GL with it guys this one is tough 👍

On the map that bend looks so easy.. but on approach for braking it's one of the most deceptive and awkward right angle turns I can remember in any GT game? It's that little bump on the inside of the rumble :crazy: I will never get my best lap here simply because as soon as I get a low 29.0 (which is about 1 in 20 laps) I religiously stuff the lap somewhere after it haha :lol:

GL with it guys this one is tough 👍
Exactly, brake late, rear end gets loose, brake early, lose time!

I use 0 @GTP_randy

Back