GTP_WRS Week 77 : Cruisin', with the Ragtop.........Up?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 106 comments
Try it and tell me what you think:tup:
EDIT:Joost,i see you are here,i think i screwed up with putting in my tune...the fetchbot sees it as a laptime!!!what should i do??...
I'll try out your settings later on.

Bot sorted, tho Joost might want to check his php to prevent future mistakes (it fetched Spy's final gear ratio as his laptime).

First splits using Paulie's tune for Suzuka and final = 3.400:

1'13.394

But many more laps to come this week.

Thanks to Kevin's choice for the Event I can now further work on my garage as it's no use leaving the bank account at its max of 2m :D

Nice time Spy.

I've been working on a tune too, very strange how close they are 👍

New time from this tune is

Lap2: 1'11.666

Phillip.

I do intend on making a tune for this event, and maybe even competing, but I'm having a really busy week so no promises on if and when.

I'll try out your settings later on.

Bot sorted, tho Joost might want to check his php to prevent future mistakes (it fetched Spy's final gear ratio as his laptime).

This is an issue i can't really fix as it's parsed 'correctly' in the eyes of the bot. The last 'split' it used. Fixing this issue would mean breaking it in a lot of other places, something we don't want.

I guess this is one of those cases where manual fixing is needed by a mod.

@spy: The bot uses the last valid split as the time for the post, in this case it's 3.226. But there are 2 workarounds to fix this in your post:

1) Post your time (1'12.xxx) at the bottom of your post, under your tune. Than the bot would use that time instead of the 'final gear'.
2) Post a new time in a new post (but this would only work if you posted a new time, if you post your old time again, the bot would recognize it as 'old' and won't re-fetch it).
2 1/2) If you don't have a new time, you can post your old/previous time under the tune. That way the bot will use that time, but since it's the same, nothing happens :)

Last edited:
This is an issue i can't really fix as it's parsed 'correctly' in the eyes of the bot. The last 'split' it used. Fixing this issue would mean breaking it in a lot of other places, something we don't want.

@spy: The bot uses the last valid split as the time for the post, in this case it's 3.226. But there are 2 workarounds to fix this in your post:

1) Post your time (1'12.xxx) at the bottom of your post, under your tune. Than the bot would use that time instead of the 'final gear'.
2) Post a new time in a new post (but this would only work if you posted a new time, if you post your old time again, the bot would recognize it as 'old' and won't re-fetch it).
2 1/2) If you don't have a new time, you can post your old/previous time under the tune. That way the bot will use that time, but since it's the same, nothing happens :)

Okidoki Joost,will remember for next time...👍

spy.

Bit of a tune, some little adjustments to make the car a little more........betterer. :D
Quite a bit different to spy's tune though.

1'11.771 (.707)

I thought you coded up the parsing such that the line had to start with a number or a T and not be quoted - I can't imagine you would want to do it so free form that it would pick up a line like final:x.xxxx as valid. Just my 2 cents.

First run yielded this fastest second lap,

1'11.859

Many thanks to Spy for sharing the tune, works perfectly for me, cheers mate 👍

I thought you coded up the parsing such that the line had to start with a number or a T and not be quoted - I can't imagine you would want to do it so free form that it would pick up a line like final:x.xxxx as valid. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, we had that, but then it wouldn't parse valid splits in some cases, so we made it less strict.

Yeah, we had that, but then it wouldn't parse valid splits in some cases, so we made it less strict.

I know my feedback played a role in this, so I will comment further.

The main idea is to make it so that it's not too cumbersome for members to post their splits. Yes, we'll have a few issues, here or there, especially on a week like this one, where we are only reporting one "split".

But I would hate to see the thread littered with a whole bunch of questions and issues about why splits that were posted did not appear on the board, so the requirements were left loose.

In the end, this is a magnificent system that's been created, and will be wholeheartedly appreciated by all of the former Luxy Updaterers when we have GT5 and the potential of 100 WRS participants on a given week.

Had my first session, I can never seem to get the "S" bends right here. Keep forgeting how early you can get the power down with this one. Thanks for the tune spyrrari, shame my time can't do it justice.

1'12.048

Yay I got a brand new G27 from Logitech today. 👍 I was starting to miss GT5P and the WRS but anyway. I'm pleased that this week is an easy one, it will be get back into it.

First session lap time.

1'11.456

BTW thank you spyrrari, your settings are great. :cheers:

Good to read many of you are happy with the tune i posted...

TBH it is an old tune i used a long time ago,and i really can't remember for what circuit i used it for,but it seems to work pretty well but it will need some fine tuning for sure!!!

I am very bizzy this week,but maybe tomorrow i will have some time off work to do some more testing...i don't really like this combo/week challenge(i cannot stand Highspeedring somehow...) but it gives me a good chance to try to improve my tuning skills a bit...

So perhaps more improvement tomorrow...

If anyone of you made changes to my tune that seem to work better,please don't hassitate to post them...cheers.

spy.

I'm loving your tune aswell Spy. The car feels great. 👍

First session lap time:

1'11.402

:)

A few nice runs tonight have left me with this best lap 2:

1'11.178

:sly: I get the feeling its going to be a very long week. :nervous:

EDK
In the end, this is a magnificent system that's been created, and will be wholeheartedly appreciated by all of the former Luxy Updaterers when we have GT5 and the potential of 100 WRS participants on a given week.
GT5 gave me the urge to try to come up with a system like this, but I never anticipated it would be this efficient. All thanks to the wonders of IT and Joost's magic powers :cool:

Improved splits. Both laps are not perfect and I missed the apex of turn 1 on lap 2 by quite a bit. I always seem to drive well and improve after I've made a mistake. :grumpy:

1'11.182

Don't try to memorise it. All you need is to remember the second laptime, which will display after finishing the event. Then, in the following screen, you will see your total racetime that you'll need when submitting. When you replay your lap (required anyway to check that your submission will be clean) you will see the racetime of lap 1, lap 2 and combined.

👍

Me too, badboy.

Funny thing is I have 2 of the same 2nd laps from races that are only .069 apart.

1'11.886

BTW, I like you tune spy.

Back