GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments
I am just wondering... what's the time difference when driving with steeringwheel/pedal setup vs. the dualshock in a quest like this, has perhaps somebody tried that? Will be giving it a go again for tonight, was thinking about juggling with the tc during the lap, noticed that I "need it" at some points, but that it is holding me back in the right hander sweeping chicane.

I don't know how you could use controller for this without tilt steer! Keen as to get a wheel!

Worse splits, better finish

around .3 or .4 on line, but saw .7 T1s, cannot get any better somehow. Maybe it's because AT i am using as I cannot get used to use MT with Motion control turning (basically with controller steering).

Anyway, I'll watch you from behind :D
4900013231613936128_0.jpg

4900576181567357448_0.jpg

btw, is this unique or there were another combos where there was 90% (currently 54 out of 61 LB entries) of participants within 1 second to a leader? Especially with such hard slippy/skippy/slidey/stingy beast? :D (i know T3 will definitely change this, but, so many close battles to be seen right now).

I don't know how you could use controller for this without tilt steer! Keen as to get a wheel!

Its hard to do, I thought I could manage it with the arrow key, but no... no impovements made, getting curious for the final results.

Just thinking, perhaps reassigning functions, so the red round button for decreasing tc, green arrow key for increasing.

Managed to grab another .01 and I'm done. It is an interesting experience with the controller, especially with CSA turned off, but by the end of it I could manage a decent lap without TC as well. Loads of fun (I will never drive this car again).

Giving up on this, not my cup of tea, updated the submission to current and final lap time. Good luck y'all, see you at Suzuka. :D

PS: crossing fingers for Tsukuba Circuit to be included in the DLC update tomorrow or wednesday. ^^ (I feel if there will be real track it will be more likely La Sarthe)

Last edited:

Submitted & accepted. Struggled with this week one just like Mount Panorama - seem to have plateaued somewhat. Not helped by being under the weather today so submission is from Sunday.......onto Suzuka later in the week as need to manage energy levels presently.

Everyone can move on to week 9 now, thanks. 👍

I have my first chance at a top 20, waiting for the clock to countdown and the last minute qualifiers to come in here and bump me out has me very nervous. :nervous:
Lol,
I'm going to run some times for about 45 minutes when I get home, I didn't have anytime to improve my times this weekend.
I think I can probably crack the top 20, but I'm not overly committed to it, I also have my WorldGaming time trial to try and get better at so good chance I get bored of this in 20 minutes.

Came back home from playing sports, decided to give this one more go while I waited for my washing machine to finish.
Submitted and accepted, time to head over to Suzuka.

I thought I was doing really well until a faster lap drops me 9 places down the splits leaderboard with less than an hour to go! :nervous:

Submitted with these splits
Close call at the last chicane,but legal.
One tenth left in T2 but that would take me propably another week to string it all together :lol:
Good luck all
:cheers:

Back